Hiby R6 Pro - serious upgrade to popular DAP
Mar 24, 2019 at 8:45 AM Post #1,487 of 4,000
Date stamp is 22-2-19. haven't connected to wifi yet, still at work....

I will have to stick to 3.5mm for the time being. Just sent payment for my CustomArts so they're likely a couple of months away and on the hunt for an in-stock reasonably priced balanced cable for my hifiman 400's [2.5mm jacks]. I fly to west africa on the 8th so need something here by then ideally.

I think i can live with a brief lag. I am new to HD so don't have a great deal of tracks. Will be spending much of the next week ripping cd's and downloading stuff off Spotify [was something ridiculous like AED120 per year for 320kbps which seemed wayyyy better value than Tidal]

Mar 24, 2019 at 2:39 PM Post #1,490 of 4,000
A heads up that if you received, and use, the free Hiby-branded 4.4mm to 2.5mm wired adapter, you may find that introduces significant interference noises. It did in my case, and I 100% thought the problem was with the R6 Pro. When I swotched the adapter all the interference noises disappeared (using same earphones etc).
What adapter did you use, might I ask?

Mar 24, 2019 at 2:47 PM Post #1,491 of 4,000
Its a Cayin adapter. I use mine with with it every time I listen and have never had any interference problems. There is no interference with my 3.5 cable either.

Mar 24, 2019 at 2:49 PM Post #1,492 of 4,000
Its a Cayin adapter. I use mine with with it every time I listen and have never had any interference problems. There is no interference with my 3.5 cable either.
Strange,
People in this thread report issues with the Cayin adapter having noise too. I heard HiBy is working on an iEM Match adapter to fix the 4.4mm port noise issue. Expected some time in April.

Mar 24, 2019 at 2:54 PM Post #1,493 of 4,000
No noise or interference with mine at all even with my phone close by as well. I use Campfire Audio Atlas with it. My cable is IPure Copper Litz 2.5mm balanced. I guess I'm lucky. My overall experience with the R6 Pro has been great.

Last edited:
Mar 24, 2019 at 3:03 PM Post #1,494 of 4,000
No noise or interference with mine at all even with my phone close by as well. I use Campfire Audio Atlas with it. My cable is IPure Copper Litz 2.5mm balanced. I guess I'm lucky. My overall experience with the R6 Pro has been great.
I only notice phone interference if I am using it as a DAC and the phone is near the USB cable.

Mar 25, 2019 at 5:18 AM Post #1,496 of 4,000
To all those getting new SD cards for their R6 pro, I highly recommend the True SD Card Capacity & Speed Test by Alan Robinson, on the Play store:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=alan.sdcardsize.paid
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=alan.sdcardsize.free

Nip any problems with the card and/or between card and player before you load a full library of music to it only to find a fake card!

Supports partial size tests with resumable progress so you don't have to wait for a full size test from day one or restart such a test if and when you decide you need one.

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com
Mar 25, 2019 at 6:13 AM Post #1,497 of 4,000
I was planning on getting a Samsung 512GB EVO Plus Micro SD card for my R6 Pro.

Presume that’s fine for this device?
i am using the same sd card with mp3, flac, dsf and iso files (total 13676) in my R6Pro without any problems ... the writing speed of the card in my usb3 card reader is about 16 Megabyte/s.

Mar 26, 2019 at 1:51 AM Post #1,499 of 4,000
Hi everybody. There is an option to show lyrics in settings. I turned it on but I don’t see any lyrics. I have txt files in the same folder with songs. Neutron player in my iPhone shows lyrics but hiby doesn’t

Joe, nice to meet you again)
Do you know will r6 support bluetooth receiver function? It is very useful feature
My dx208 supports it but my r6pro doesnt

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back