Hiby R6 Pro - serious upgrade to popular DAP
Apr 4, 2019 at 2:18 PM Post #1,576 of 4,006
Because he is asking what do we want more from such amazing dap).

He didn't ask "Why do you want more?" He was asking for clarification around a feature you were inquiring about that he wasn't familiar with. You could have simply explained what you were talking about, but instead you called him a fanboy and told him he needs to buy more expensive DAPs, as if you know what his financial situation is. It's unproductive and unhelpful. I don't want to derail the thread, though, so I'll leave it alone from here on out.

Apr 4, 2019 at 2:58 PM Post #1,577 of 4,006
He didn't ask "Why do you want more?" He was asking for clarification around a feature you were inquiring about that he wasn't familiar with. You could have simply explained what you were talking about, but instead you called him a fanboy and told him he needs to buy more expensive DAPs, as if you know what his financial situation is. It's unproductive and unhelpful. I don't want to derail the thread, though, so I'll leave it alone from here on out.
He actually called him a funboy which can be interpreted completely different from being a fanboy:ksc75smile::ksc75smile::ksc75smile:!

Cheers,
Tim

Apr 4, 2019 at 7:39 PM Post #1,580 of 4,006
Because he is asking what do we want more from such amazing dap).

Wasn't really asking like "what more could you possibly want?" but more trying to understand what people were asking about.
Now I get it.

Because I don't own a proper DAC for my home setup yet, one of the features I love about the R6 Pro is having it be a USB DAC for my computer, and using my phone over wifi
as a remote control for my stereo. Super awesome. I could see myself streaming from the phone to the DAP out on the go, but if that feature is not supported just yet, would it be too
different to just create a wifi hotspot with your phone and connect the R6 Pro to it and do Tidal/Qobuz etc that way?

Last question - maybe someone who has one of the "big dogs" (Lotoo Paw Gold Touch, Cayin N8, Sony WM1Z, Astell&Kern A&Futura etc...) tell me... what do you get for features, or quality
when you take this step way up? The R6 Pro packs a lot of punch at $800... but those things are all $3k... From your experience, can you tell me where the extra $2 grand goes?

Thanks in advance.

Apr 4, 2019 at 8:54 PM Post #1,581 of 4,006
Just got my R6 Pro a couple hours ago. New 400 GB card getting loaded up. DAP all charged up. Very excited.

Apr 4, 2019 at 9:47 PM Post #1,582 of 4,006
Last question - maybe someone who has one of the "big dogs" (Lotoo Paw Gold Touch, Cayin N8, Sony WM1Z, Astell&Kern A&Futura etc...) tell me... what do you get for features, or quality
when you take this step way up? The R6 Pro packs a lot of punch at $800... but those things are all $3k... From your experience, can you tell me where the extra $2 grand goes?

Thanks in advance.

Point of diminishing return hit hard pass $1k grand these day.

In fact all those players you listed, none is fully open Android OS (AKs is partially open as only whitelisted apps are installable).

Apr 4, 2019 at 10:40 PM Post #1,583 of 4,006
Tempted to order the R6 Pro but just need a little confirmation on a couple of things.

Will Tidal MQA/Masters be supported (my S10+ manages this) at some point in the future and will it ever support bluetooth reception?

I did search but couldn't find a definitive answer

i hope this helps.

20190405_103722.jpg

Apr 4, 2019 at 11:21 PM Post #1,584 of 4,006
Just an FYI/Question.

I have used the R6 Pro with my CA Solaris with good success and no EMI issues with both the CA Super Litz SE and a Brainwaves 2.5 Balanced with a 4.4 Cayin adapter.

Purchased an ALO Silver Litz 4.4 cable today and the EMI is ridiculous. My phone can be on another floor and it's still an issue.

Is this potentially a bad cable or is the R6 Pro sensitive to silver? Anyone else experience this?

Last edited:
Apr 4, 2019 at 11:46 PM Post #1,585 of 4,006
Just an FYI/Question.

I have used the R6 Pro with my CA Solaris with good success and no EMI issues with both the CA Super Litz SE and a Brainwaves 2.5 Balanced with a 4.4 Cayin adapter.

Purchased an ALO Silver Litz 4.4 cable today and the EMI is ridiculous. My phone can be on another floor and it's still an issue.

Is this potentially a bad cable or is the R6 Pro sensitive to silver? Anyone else experience this?

same experience with those cables in my. other DAPs. the microphonics, especially when you're on the go. its not the R6 Pro.

Apr 5, 2019 at 2:24 AM Post #1,587 of 4,006
Apr 5, 2019 at 3:16 AM Post #1,588 of 4,006
it only shows master but look at the frequency on the top - 44.1k and look at your side light. I think it’s blue

Guys from Russian audiophile forum(hiby r6 thread) said that older tidal ver 2.11.3 helped them.

thanks for clarifying that.
i thought, if master appears in the now playing screen, its already master quality in tidal (24 bit, regardless of a 44.1 or higher sample rates), in contrast to their usual 16bit 44.1 file format. and i thought it was just the shade of michael buble's album, the original color of which is blue. what color is the side light if its a master quality file?

Apr 5, 2019 at 3:18 AM Post #1,589 of 4,006
Thanks for the info on Tidal folks, if it's not going to support full master mode on Tidal then I can live with that considering there is only currently a small selection of music in master mode

Apr 5, 2019 at 3:34 AM Post #1,590 of 4,006
thanks for clarifying that.
i thought, if master appears in the now playing screen, its already master quality in tidal (24 bit, regardless of a 44.1 or higher sample rates), in contrast to their usual 16bit 44.1 file format. and i thought it was just the shade of michael buble's album, the original color of which is blue. what color is the side light if its a master quality file?

The light on the side lights up blue for anything 44k and below... it lights up green for hi-res when it hits 96k and above. To my knowledge so far, it does not have any other light options.
Would be cool if they took a page from the FiiO book and had blue for lossy, purple for FLAC, yellow fo hi-res, green for dsd, and I would guess some kind of turquoise or whatever for MQA.

At this point, Hiby has stated publicly, that there is no MQA support currently scheduled for this device, and has not hinted as to whether that will change in a coming update.
I suspect it will come soon, as their $200 R3 player has full support for this format. We shall see.

Here's a question for the more technically inclined among us... Currently the R6 Pro only supports DSD native up to 256... is supporting 512 something that could be changed with a firmware update,
or does this require different hardware? Not that 512 is a big deal as there are virtually no tracks/albums anywhere that can be had at this resolution, but it has me curious.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back