Hiby R6 Pro - serious upgrade to popular DAP
Apr 5, 2019 at 10:36 PM Post #1,606 of 4,006
***Edit: ok, this what happens when you don’t pay attention... to yourself. I myself engaged others on this thread regarding the need for an iEMatch solution for sensitive IEMs and the R6 Pro... I wish past jsmiller58 had ordered a 2.5mm version of the iEMatch solution so it would fit into my 2.5mm to 4.4mm adapter.

Warning to potential buyers. The R6 Pro hisses like a basket of snakes with sensitive IEMs. Have a solution on hand.***

(Original post)

Another R6 Pro question...

When no music is playing, the background is dead silent. When I play any content on Tidal, YouTube Audio, YouTube, or through the USB Audio Player Pro apps a loud hiss starts up. When I stop playing the content, and even keeping the app open the hiss wii continue for a few seconds then suddenly stop.

I am running from the balanced output.

I am running firmware - R6PROINT_1.11GBeta_20190127_1546 - my device reports the software is up to date.

What is this? Is there a setting I have missed? Is this a known bug or do I have a lemon?

The device is unusable with this hiss.

What IEM are you pairing it with? My Andromeda was hissing pretty badly with R6 Pro, so I sold the Andromeda and got myself a less sensitive IEM. Switched to InEar Prophile 8, and the problem is solved (in my case).

Apr 5, 2019 at 11:00 PM Post #1,607 of 4,006
***Edit: ok, this what happens when you don’t pay attention... to yourself. I myself engaged others on this thread regarding the need for an iEMatch solution for sensitive IEMs and the R6 Pro... I wish past jsmiller58 had ordered a 2.5mm version of the iEMatch solution so it would fit into my 2.5mm to 4.4mm adapter.

Warning to potential buyers. The R6 Pro hisses like a basket of snakes with sensitive IEMs. Have a solution on hand.***

(Original post)

Another R6 Pro question...

When no music is playing, the background is dead silent. When I play any content on Tidal, YouTube Audio, YouTube, or through the USB Audio Player Pro apps a loud hiss starts up. When I stop playing the content, and even keeping the app open the hiss wii continue for a few seconds then suddenly stop.

I am running from the balanced output.

I am running firmware - R6PROINT_1.11GBeta_20190127_1546 - my device reports the software is up to date.

What is this? Is there a setting I have missed? Is this a known bug or do I have a lemon?

The device is unusable with this hiss.
The amplifier shuts down itself when not in use after a few seconds so it's normal for any hiss to only present when music is playing and for a few seconds thereafter.

That said, without getting a hold of your unit myself or having some way to run some standardized test I can't know if the level of hiss you're talking about is normal or not.

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com
Apr 6, 2019 at 12:53 AM Post #1,608 of 4,006
What IEM are you pairing it with? My Andromeda was hissing pretty badly with R6 Pro, so I sold the Andromeda and got myself a less sensitive IEM. Switched to InEar Prophile 8, and the problem is solved (in my case).
I have quite a lot of hiss with my Fearless Audio S8F, less but still noticeable with my BGVP DM6, and nothing detectable with my Kanas Pro. I will try the IEMatch first before I make a decision about what to keep or not... but it is pretty annoying that I will have this dongle hanging off of the R6 Pro - a lot tougher to have this in my pocket.

Apr 6, 2019 at 2:24 AM Post #1,609 of 4,006
I have quite a lot of hiss with my Fearless Audio S8F, less but still noticeable with my BGVP DM6, and nothing detectable with my Kanas Pro. I will try the IEMatch first before I make a decision about what to keep or not... but it is pretty annoying that I will have this dongle hanging off of the R6 Pro - a lot tougher to have this in my pocket.

I haven't tried the DM6s on the R6 Pro yet. I'll let you know once I get home. My S6Rui does hiss a little, but not to a point where it is super annoying.

Apr 6, 2019 at 4:56 AM Post #1,610 of 4,006
Just received my device and am starting to upload tracks onto my Micro SD card. However, when I transfer the card into the device, the tagged artwork does not upload alongside the tracks in question. I’m transferring ALAC files from iTunes btw.

Any tips to solve this problem?

Apr 6, 2019 at 7:17 AM Post #1,611 of 4,006
Just received my device and am starting to upload tracks onto my Micro SD card. However, when I transfer the card into the device, the tagged artwork does not upload alongside the tracks in question. I’m transferring ALAC files from iTunes btw.

Any tips to solve this problem?
To add to this, here are some more specifics on the problem.

An album, as stored in ALAC format on iTunes in my Mac Mini, has the correct artwork tagged to all tracks, however, when I drag the tracks into the micro sd card folder, the artwork, for some reason, does not always appear on each individual file when I select the ‘Get Info’ option of a given file. Therefore, when I move it to the R6 Pro device, I’m at the mercy of whatever artwork it automatically downloads via Wi-Fi (i.e. it’s sometimes correct, sometimes spectacularly wrong).

Why is this happening, when the original music files all have the correct artwork tagged already in iTunes?

Additionally, what is the best way to load these files onto the sd card, to ensure that each artists’ discography displays correctly by individual album in the HiBy music app? Do I have to create say, a Beatles folder, a Led Zeppelin folder and so on, and then within each artist folder, an individual folder for each album, from which I then have to drag the relevant tracks into, in order for them to show up that way in the HiBy Music app?

Apologies for all the questions, but this is my first DAP and I’m still getting used to the ins and outs of successfully uploading my collection in the correct manner!

Apr 6, 2019 at 10:10 AM Post #1,612 of 4,006
R6 Pro is coming my place via local dealer next week and I am considering between R6 Pro and WM1A

Is there anyone experiencing these 2 DAPs and share how difference is the sound quality ?

Apr 6, 2019 at 12:46 PM Post #1,613 of 4,006
To add to this, here are some more specifics on the problem.

An album, as stored in ALAC format on iTunes in my Mac Mini, has the correct artwork tagged to all tracks, however, when I drag the tracks into the micro sd card folder, the artwork, for some reason, does not always appear on each individual file when I select the ‘Get Info’ option of a given file. Therefore, when I move it to the R6 Pro device, I’m at the mercy of whatever artwork it automatically downloads via Wi-Fi (i.e. it’s sometimes correct, sometimes spectacularly wrong).

Why is this happening, when the original music files all have the correct artwork tagged already in iTunes?

Additionally, what is the best way to load these files onto the sd card, to ensure that each artists’ discography displays correctly by individual album in the HiBy music app? Do I have to create say, a Beatles folder, a Led Zeppelin folder and so on, and then within each artist folder, an individual folder for each album, from which I then have to drag the relevant tracks into, in order for them to show up that way in the HiBy Music app?

Apologies for all the questions, but this is my first DAP and I’m still getting used to the ins and outs of successfully uploading my collection in the correct manner!

I had this problem quite a bit when I first started messing around with ALAC, and iTunes in general. I found that while artwork was "tagged" and visible in iTunes, a lot of times the artwork was not actually properly imbedded in the file, so no matter what other player or DAP etc that I would load the files in to, the art would not show up. The solution that changed the game for me was to use the script from Doug's Apple Scripts called "Re-embed Artwork"... it takes whatever art it sees in tags, extracts, and then hard embeds them into the file... now wherever you put those files, the art is coded into the file itself and not just in an iTunes tag.

Here is a link to the script (I think if you pay $2 or something you have unlimited use.... absolutely worth it in my opinion) - https://dougscripts.com/itunes/2011/07/new-re-embed-artwork/
And here is a link to a pdf with the install instructions... its super easy and one of the best things I ever did with my iTunes library - https://dougscripts.com/itunes/pdf/reembedartwork.pdf

I hope this proves helpful. This was one of the most frustrating things I ever had to work through, and getting solved really saved me from just deleting all my digital music and leaving it behind.
Post back with your experience.

Apr 6, 2019 at 1:13 PM Post #1,614 of 4,006
I had this problem quite a bit when I first started messing around with ALAC, and iTunes in general. I found that while artwork was "tagged" and visible in iTunes, a lot of times the artwork was not actually properly imbedded in the file, so no matter what other player or DAP etc that I would load the files in to, the art would not show up. The solution that changed the game for me was to use the script from Doug's Apple Scripts called "Re-embed Artwork"... it takes whatever art it sees in tags, extracts, and then hard embeds them into the file... now wherever you put those files, the art is coded into the file itself and not just in an iTunes tag.

Here is a link to the script (I think if you pay $2 or something you have unlimited use.... absolutely worth it in my opinion) - https://dougscripts.com/itunes/2011/07/new-re-embed-artwork/
And here is a link to a pdf with the install instructions... its super easy and one of the best things I ever did with my iTunes library - https://dougscripts.com/itunes/pdf/reembedartwork.pdf

I hope this proves helpful. This was one of the most frustrating things I ever had to work through, and getting solved really saved me from just deleting all my digital music and leaving it behind.
Post back with your experience.
Thank you so much for this tip! You have saved me literally hours and hours of painstaking and tedious retagging. It works like a dream!

I’ll be donating a few bucks to the guy who wrote the script.

Once again, thanks!

Apr 6, 2019 at 1:55 PM Post #1,616 of 4,006
Thank you so much for this tip! You have saved me literally hours and hours of painstaking and tedious retagging. It works like a dream!

Once again, thanks!

Very happy to help and so glad that worked for you. This was one of the greatest conquests in my personal "digital music lifestyle" journey.
Been using Doug's scripts for about 15 years and he never disappoints. I really don't use iTunes for anything much anymore music-wise, but I keep a full stock of scripts on hand for when I do.

Happy listening (with artwork) :)

Apr 6, 2019 at 2:39 PM Post #1,617 of 4,006

Once again, thanks!
You can also just put a cover.jpg in the folder with the music, and HiBy Music and other players generally pick that up as the artwork image. No tagging needed.

Apr 6, 2019 at 2:43 PM Post #1,618 of 4,006
You can also just put a cover.jpg in the folder with the music, and HiBy Music and other players generally pick that up as the artwork image. No tagging needed.

Yep... this too. I actually do both. All my files took a long time to get curated the way I wanted, but now that it’s done, I can throw them anywhere bad have all the info, tags, and art I want.

Apr 6, 2019 at 10:49 PM Post #1,619 of 4,006
This review has a comparison. See page 4.
@ Ziggomatic…. highly appreciate you for quickly directing me to the review where the sound comparison between Hiby Pro 6 and WM1A is pretty comprehensive...

I incline to pull trigger on Hiby R6 Pro now...

Apr 7, 2019 at 7:48 AM Post #1,620 of 4,006
Odd question, but what are people using to hold their hiby when playing music in their car?

For my phone I use one of those magnetic ball holders with a steel plate sandwiched into the phone cover. The magnet is strong enough to hold a tablet in my off-road car so should cope with the weight of the hiby, but I want to know whether the magnet could damage any of the internals before trying it. Any ideas?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back