Hiby R6 Pro - serious upgrade to popular DAP
Feb 9, 2019 at 3:02 PM Post #946 of 4,006
Did the Ibasso cable clear up the balanced output noise, on your particular device? I don't get any noise, or interference on the 3.5mm output ( I also have a Cascade 3.5mm cable that tests out clean).

I do have noise on the 4.4mm , though. I can't use it, on any other cable, except the Ibasso cable.

Maybe we can make a list of cables that folks have a clean output off the 4.4mm

The iBasso cable didn't, so I plan to return it. I was getting interference for the 4.4mm connection. I suspect it has to do with certain band wavelengths since some people are experiencing minor differences despite cables.

I don't get interference with the 3.5mm connection or at least it isn't audible enough to bother me.

I just want my 4.4mm to work because it sounds so good, but I can only get it to work if I disable wifi and Bluetooth on my phoné. Funnily enough, 4g LTE on T-Mobile doesn't cause problems for me, but everything else does. I can live with 4g LTE though

As long as I can use 4g LTE on my phone while not getting interference on my R6 pro, I'm okay with that.

I will say that the iBasso cable had the most secure 4.4mm connection out of all of my cables

Last edited:
Feb 9, 2019 at 3:09 PM Post #947 of 4,006
The iBasso cable didn't, so I plan to return it. I was getting interference for the 4.4mm connection. I suspect it has to do with certain band wavelengths since some people are experiencing minor differences despite cables.

I don't get interference with the 3.5mm connection or at least it isn't audible enough to bother me.

I just want my 4.4mm to work because it sounds so good, but I can only get it to work if I disable wifi and Bluetooth on my phoné. Funnily enough, 4g LTE on T-Mobile doesn't cause problems for me, but everything else does. I can live with 4g LTE though

As long as I can use 4g LTE on my phone while not getting interference on my R6 pro, I'm okay with that.

I will say that the iBasso cable had the most secure 4.4mm connection out of all of my cables

This is crazy, how the issues seem to vary per device. I just hopes it's software. The noise exhibited in my 4.4mm connection has nothing to do with electrical/wifi/Bluetooth interference.

Another positive, I DONT have any light bleed on my screen.

I wonder if their is any impedance match problem with the 4.4mm jack.

Do they make a ifi iematch for the 4.4mm?

Feb 9, 2019 at 3:09 PM Post #948 of 4,006
That issue won't bother me really (phone interference). I wonder if it can be fixed by firmware.

Feb 9, 2019 at 3:22 PM Post #949 of 4,006
It's weird, but now on testing again with LTE on, I'm getting static. If I move my phone closer to the R6, it increases. That sucks. I swear it wasn't doing it for awhile, so I'm not sure what to make of any of this. Oh well. I can live with the 3.5mm connection in worst case.

Feb 9, 2019 at 3:23 PM Post #950 of 4,006
This is crazy, how the issues seem to vary per device. I just hopes it's software. The noise exhibited in my 4.4mm connection has nothing to do with electrical/wifi/Bluetooth interference.

Yeah, I also don't have light bleed either. Screen is pristine from what I can tell. My model has no issues except the interference.

Feb 9, 2019 at 3:25 PM Post #951 of 4,006

To check light bleed (dimming): open some pic or app with evenly lit background, set brightness to mid level and pull down status bar to give some shading effect above the background. Look at the bottom of the screen very closely... does it dim in a certain pattern? If not - wait untill you get <30% charge and reboot the device while watching closely at HiBY logo during boot process. Does it dim? Thank you

Feb 9, 2019 at 3:26 PM Post #952 of 4,006
It's weird, but now on testing again with LTE on, I'm getting static. If I move my phone closer to the R6, it increases. That sucks. I swear it wasn't doing it for awhile, so I'm not sure what to make of any of this. Oh well. I can live with the 3.5mm connection in worst case.

would you place it in the same pocket? why would you care if the problem fades away with some distance? or yours is always picking the interference?

Feb 9, 2019 at 3:30 PM Post #953 of 4,006
To check light bleed (dimming): open some pic or app with evenly lit background, set brightness to mid level and pull down status bar to give some shading effect above the background. Look at the bottom of the screen very closely... does it dim in a certain pattern? If not - wait untill you get <30% charge and reboot the device while watching closely at HiBY logo during boot process. Does it dim? Thank you

Yeah, I don't have any bleed. Just tested. It's evenly lit.

Feb 9, 2019 at 3:32 PM Post #954 of 4,006
would you place it in the same pocket? why would you care if the problem fades away with some distance? or yours is always picking the interference?

I don't keep it in the same pocket, but I wear a blazer on a daily basis, and even at that distance, it's noticeable. If I put my R6 in my right pocket and my phone in my left pocket, the distortion is gone. However, if I take out my phone to check email or messages or phone calls, the distortion is audible, so it in fact affects daily usage for me. If I just sat at my desk, and that was the only place I used the device, this would be a non-issue, but I don't think this is a realistic scenario for people using a portable DAP. The idea is that it can be used while being mobile.

Feb 9, 2019 at 5:40 PM Post #960 of 4,006
I am running the beta I got from @Joe Bloggs with the Qobuz/Tidal sample rate fix so I can’t chip in there...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back