Hiby R6 Pro - serious upgrade to popular DAP
Jan 28, 2019 at 10:20 AM Post #646 of 4,006
Greetings from a new owner of the R6 Pro :)
I got it from HK. Having stuck to my Cowon A2 (if anyone know what it is :dt880smile:) for god knows how many years, I decided it is time to upgrade. As I came from accent time, the comparison of my previous player with R6pro probably won't interest any of you. Instead, I can help to answer some of your questions regarding to the R6Pro.

Actually the original 8.1 software on the R6 was fine. Today's new update broke that. One user says UAPP plays hi-res MQA files just fine. I don't have the MQA plug in on my UAPP so I can't test... But Tidal masters are not playing at 96khz on the Tidal app. Hope my complicated post makes sense.

Since I read R6Pro does not play at 96khz, I felt the same since I first got it too. I upgrade to the latest available firmware first thing after taking it out from the box. My current kernel version is 3.18.71-perf, and build number is 1.1G.

However today I found there is finally one album being played at 96khz. You can tell from the notification bar, and the green light on the power button. I guess it is still a hit and miss at this stage. Hopefully it get solved in the next firmware update.

Hiby-R6-Pro.jpg

Last edited:
Jan 28, 2019 at 4:32 PM Post #648 of 4,006
I installed the fix on my R6 and it solved the problem. You may give it a go on the R6 Pro if you feel adventurous

Thanks!

Well the alert message about bricking the device kind of stopped me for a bit :p
Beta is not an issue though...

Jan 28, 2019 at 5:23 PM Post #650 of 4,006
Android devices are hard to brick in general...

Well better safe than sorry but I went on with the update and it’s working smooth except looks with Tidal HiFi is stuck at 88.2 and MQA sometimes switches over to 96 KHz.

Qobuz has the right sample rate for hires tracks though.

Last edited:
Jan 29, 2019 at 3:23 AM Post #653 of 4,006
Jan 29, 2019 at 3:40 AM Post #655 of 4,006
Hopefully very soon after CYN :pray: I was told on January 15th that they hope to release it soon as they are working on the firmware. I’m thinking about the R6 Pro or NW-WM1A.
Just get both.

Jan 29, 2019 at 3:51 AM Post #656 of 4,006
How about DX220? :D

Jan 29, 2019 at 4:46 AM Post #658 of 4,006
Please don’t give me MORE options to consider because I already have too many LOL

:joy:
Well after you spent thousands you find your best. Thats when bordom starts, when that starts you start THINKING of an excuse to spend more money.

Jan 29, 2019 at 9:34 AM Post #660 of 4,006
So, good news. This is available for order from a shop in HK internationally. With everything, through PayPal (conversion fee, DHL shipping), it cost $679 USD. I talked to them about placing my own personal order on WhatsApp and they set up a product page as a result. I'm not sure if it's the international or Chinese version.
Here's the link.

https://www.mtmtshop.com/products/hiby-r6-pro-free-shipping

Users who are viewing this thread

Back