Hiby R6 Pro - serious upgrade to popular DAP
Jan 25, 2019 at 11:27 AM Post #616 of 4,006
So what's the best way to buy from taobao in the US? I see a lot of agent sites but have no idea how all this works... Is it best to use an agent?

Jan 25, 2019 at 11:40 AM Post #617 of 4,006
So what's the best way to buy from taobao in the US? I see a lot of agent sites but have no idea how all this works... Is it best to use an agent?

http://www.howtotao.com/buy-from-taobao/

This might help ypu on your way.

note:
taobao is like ebay, where you can buy from anyone.
tmall is similar, but only enterprise/coorperate/stores are allowed do sell.
Both is owned ny taobao/tmall

Jan 25, 2019 at 12:39 PM Post #618 of 4,006
http://www.howtotao.com/buy-from-taobao/

This might help ypu on your way.

note:
taobao is like ebay, where you can buy from anyone.
tmall is similar, but only enterprise/coorperate/stores are allowed do sell.
Both is owned ny taobao/tmall
Thanks, this is a good guide. First timer, id probably like to use an agent.... Anyone had good luck with any in particular? Taobaofocus is the most understandable to me thus far.

Jan 25, 2019 at 12:44 PM Post #619 of 4,006
Thanks, this is a good guide. First timer, id probably like to use an agent.... Anyone had good luck with any in particular? Taobaofocus is the most understandable to me thus far.

I used a private forwarder, so I cant share unfortunatly. I don't want him to be spammed down with requests. Not sure he is on this forums either.
But a forwarder/proxy/agent is a good way to tackle the issue at hand.Just remember, Shipping costs, and import taxes.

Jan 25, 2019 at 7:01 PM Post #621 of 4,006
If I am not mistake, based on FB, next week will be the announcement the Giveway things from HIBY ?? am I right ???

edit...
If HiBy holds to what is stated there then yes - next week a fortunate, lucky sole will receive the free giveaway. Now the question might be - will it be the ready to distribute international version or the Chinese domestic one? If it's the international edition then there might be hope for a near-term release.

Maybe they are all hush, hush here and busy pumping out production hardware to release to the masses before their new year break :ksc75smile::ksc75smile::ksc75smile:...

We can hope!

Cheers,
Tim

Jan 25, 2019 at 7:12 PM Post #623 of 4,006
From the Hiby user group feedback on FB, looks like the latest R6 update to android 8.1 has the same DTA not working in third party issue as the prerelease international R6 Pro, so I guess not a model issue but rather DTA on latest android...

Jan 25, 2019 at 8:24 PM Post #626 of 4,006
I took a big risk and hopefully i'll have 3 x R6 Pros coming from HongKong for early feb delivery here in the UK. I'll let you know how it turns out (if they turn up :fingers_crossed:) All being well i'll have 2 surplus if anyone here can't wait for the official release before I put them on flea##y

Last edited:
Jan 25, 2019 at 8:37 PM Post #627 of 4,006
From the Hiby user group feedback on FB, looks like the latest R6 update to android 8.1 has the same DTA not working in third party issue as the prerelease international R6 Pro, so I guess not a model issue but rather DTA on latest android...
Actually the original 8.1 software on the R6 was fine. Today's new update broke that. One user says UAPP plays hi-res MQA files just fine. I don't have the MQA plug in on my UAPP so I can't test... But Tidal masters are not playing at 96khz on the Tidal app. Hope my complicated post makes sense.

Jan 25, 2019 at 10:51 PM Post #629 of 4,006
I've just learned that the issue with TIDAL and Qobuz not playing in native frequencies actually stems from the fact that a whitelist for DTA-enabled apps has been added in the R6 pro RTM firmware (compared to the original R6 oreo update), which however did not include TIDAL and Qobuz because the testing team were not aware of the latest developments in the apps which enabled native frequency output at various frequencies recently.

The whitelist itself was enacted because it was found that apps depending on DTA (whether the app is actually capable of output at multiple sample frequencies or not) were prone to problems in bluetooth and usb audio output. Thus the purpose of the whitelist is to list out apps that can actually output at multiple sample rates under DTA.

I pointed out that that would not solve said bluetooth and usb output problems for those whitelisted apps for those who do actually use those devices, but is on the other hand unnecessary for those who do not. My alternative proposal is a simple DTA master switch in settings (which may take a restart to take effect).

What are your thoughts on the matter? :)

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Back