Hiby R6 Pro - serious upgrade to popular DAP
Oct 30, 2020 at 6:21 PM Post #3,662 of 4,006
hmm Didn’t think of that. You say it’s free, can you recommend a free app then?
Foobar2000 with the codecs pack for converting and you can even tag the files from within Foobar.

WAV files do not have a native/standard way of tagging, therefore you're crippling any DAPs ability to index your music and your ability to search.

Oct 30, 2020 at 6:32 PM Post #3,663 of 4,006
WAV files do not have a native/standard way of tagging
:beyersmile:
Буфер обміну-1.jpg

Oct 30, 2020 at 6:34 PM Post #3,664 of 4,006
The WAV container fully supports tags, even inline images. Just edit the tags in a suitable program.
And that standard would be, what? ID3, Vorbis comments, APE? See, that's the problem with tagging WAV files. Sure, some programs will do it. Some programs might read a tag from a WAV file. Some, being the key word.

Go with FLAC, tag them properly and don't look back. There is ZERO reason to keep WAV files. None whatsoever.

Last post:
https://www.gearslutz.com/board/new...ion-zone/1214915-how-tag-wav-file-itunes.html

Read this thread:
https://hydrogenaud.io/index.php?topic=81295.0

Oct 30, 2020 at 6:45 PM Post #3,666 of 4,006
Was there a question about that? Of course not. The question was about tag support. The wav-container perfectly supports tags, everything else is irrelevant.
And if someone is going to go through the trouble of tagging WAV files, might as well do it correctly and convert to FLAC and the question of tags won't ever come up again. Tags are and have been natively supported in FLAC, whereas it's a hack on WAV. Device supports FLAC, device will read the tags. You're not guaranteed of that with tagged WAV files.

ZERO reason to stick with WAV. Not one.

Oct 30, 2020 at 7:08 PM Post #3,668 of 4,006
Question to any and all.

I’m having some issues with album artwork in the hiby software app.

Mostly with wav. Files. From what I understand there is no meta-data or very little in wav. files. Please correct me if I’m wrong.

When I load wave files onto an SD card, they play fine but more times than not, they either display wrong or no artwork whatsoever.

Tried using the The search for lyrics and artwork feature. Each time it came up with nothing, or sometimes it would display artwork from another album I have on the card.

Basically like to know if there are any workarounds that anyone knows of.

I absolutely love this DAP, But the artwork issue is a little irritating.
Thanks in advance
Gotta ask, why are you keeping WAV files around when there's a superior way to store losslessly in FLAC and you gain the ability to properly tag your files?
The specific files are the highest resolution offered from some album download codes.

I would rather have a wave file then an MP3 If those are the only two choices offered.
You should convert your wav files to flac. It's lossless, easy and free. Much easier to manage and they take up much less space too.
hmm Didn’t think of that. You say it’s free, can you recommend a free app then?
We are in topic "Hiby R6 Pro"
A person asked a question about the support of tags by WAV files. We are not discussing the benefits of one format or another.
Use whatever formats you like ..
Are you being intentionally obtuse?

Go back, read and really concentrate on what's been written. See the progression of OP asking about why things aren't working as expected, then lighting up when fed new information? OP doesn't seem to know the intricacies of audio formats and tagging, thus an opportunity to learn.

Stick with your WAV file and waste space for no benefit. I'll go with properly tagged FLAC.

Nov 1, 2020 at 4:52 PM Post #3,671 of 4,006
Help, my R6 Pro has died and I can not get it started again. Had a lovely trip back from the beach this afternoon. Listening to Sony M9s connected to my R6 Pro by a Penon OSG cable. I got almost home and the traffic was crazy so I just removed the Sonys from my ears to avoid the distraction while driving. Got home and picked up Hiby/Sony system off seat and they were off. Have tried to restart, but no go. Have begun charging them, but they did not come on like usual. HELP Please.

Nov 1, 2020 at 5:22 PM Post #3,672 of 4,006
Help, my R6 Pro has died and I can not get it started again. Had a lovely trip back from the beach this afternoon. Listening to Sony M9s connected to my R6 Pro by a Penon OSG cable. I got almost home and the traffic was crazy so I just removed the Sonys from my ears to avoid the distraction while driving. Got home and picked up Hiby/Sony system off seat and they were off. Have tried to restart, but no go. Have begun charging them, but they did not come on like usual. HELP Please.
I've had the problem of my R6 Pro seemingly dying, even when its had plenty of battery. Each time, holding down power until it came back on got it going again. How many seconds, I don't recall, though it seemed like it was more than 10.

Nov 1, 2020 at 5:27 PM Post #3,673 of 4,006
I've had the problem of my R6 Pro seemingly dying, even when its had plenty of battery. Each time, holding down power until it came back on got it going again. How many seconds, I don't recall, though it seemed like it was more than 10.
Chainring, Thank you for your help. Held power button down for more than 10 seconds and it started right up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back