Hiby R6 Pro - serious upgrade to popular DAP
Mar 29, 2020 at 5:12 PM Post #3,181 of 4,006
That’s an interesting idea. If there isn’t one you should make an Android app. I’d buy it :)
I just tried another "battery full" app. I could play music from the Hiby music app through the speaker, I set up the alert with a song from by SD card and it test played from the app but when the app hit 98% nothing, silence. :angry: again.

Apr 1, 2020 at 3:07 PM Post #3,184 of 4,006
I'm waiting for an adamantium version so I can drop it as much as I want
How about the Unobtanium version -- you can let go of it but it doesn't fall :)

Apr 7, 2020 at 3:46 AM Post #3,185 of 4,006
I was wondering if anyone compared the R6 pro to the pono player. I am considering upgrading from pono and the R6 pro is one of my candidates of choice. I like the sound of pono and the soundstage through the andromedas, so would like to have a similar sound quality in the next upgrade. Any suggestions would be helpful. Thanks.

Apr 8, 2020 at 1:43 AM Post #3,186 of 4,006
Is there any solution to use R6pro with an external DAC and keeping charging at the same time on the usb-c connector ?

I am using the R6pro in wifi mode with Neutron as DLNA/UPNP renderer to be able to use the really advanced Neutron PEQ (I use mconnectHD on my iphone or Ipad as my interface between a synology server / Qobuz and the H6pro in hires mode included DSD with peq active).
I would like to use soon an external dac with the H6Pro + OTG hub + Topping D90 (to buy) + Monolith THX887 + Heddphone (to receive) when I am at home.

Unfortunately, I couldn't find a way to get at the same time external DAC working and keeping the R6pro charging even it there is an external charger on the hub (I tried with a WM1A as external DAC of the H6pro and only can get chaging or external DAC out on the usb-c never together like Dac as input mode connected to my PC ).

Thank you if anybody has any idea .....

Last edited:
Apr 8, 2020 at 11:36 AM Post #3,187 of 4,006
Is there any solution to use R6pro with an external DAC and keeping charging at the same time on the usb-c connector ?

I am using the R6pro in wifi mode with Neutron as DLNA/UPNP renderer to be able to use the really advanced Neutron PEQ (I use mconnectHD on my iphone or Ipad as my interface between a synology server / Qobuz and the H6pro in hires mode included DSD with peq active).
I would like to use soon an external dac with the H6Pro + OTG hub + Topping D90 (to buy) + Monolith THX887 + Heddphone (to receive) when I am at home.

Unfortunately, I couldn't find a way to get at the same time external DAC working and keeping the R6pro charging even it there is an external charger on the hub (I tried with a WM1A as external DAC of the H6pro and only can get chaging or external DAC out on the usb-c never together like Dac as input mode connected to my PC ).

Thank you if anybody has any idea .....
That's really interesting info about mconnectHD - I'd never heard of that App. Could I play DSD and 24/192 FLAC's from a network drive on my iPhone do you think? Can it do the same from OneDrive / Dropbox?

Thanks!

Apr 8, 2020 at 12:16 PM Post #3,188 of 4,006
That's really interesting info about mconnectHD - I'd never heard of that App. Could I play DSD and 24/192 FLAC's from a network drive on my iPhone do you think? Can it do the same from OneDrive / Dropbox?

Thanks!

Yes .. any upnp/dlna server, for me it's a Synology with minimserver for DSD and flac without any conversion as files files were on SD card on the R6Pro

You can browse files on :
-> Tidal and of course Qobuz (with subscription) at any Hires format, even 24bits/192khz.
-> And any files on dropbox, Onedrive and iCloudDrive ..
mconnect.jpg

A printscren on my Ipad, on Iphone it is a bit different appearance in portrait mode.
Mconnect on Iphone or Ipad, basically, is just used to browse and search in music files (by artist/album/year/playlist/etc) and then and joining those files directly to Neutron Upnp/Dlna renderer on the R6pro as a playlist. For me it's the only way to apply any PEQ or GEQ to those music on-line to suit your headphone parameters/taste.
I tried Roon ... but it needs a PC somewhere and it's incompatible with many hardware like Hiby R6pro and basically not really better than mconnect to browse upnp servers or Qobuz just with an iphone or ipad..

Last edited:
Apr 9, 2020 at 10:46 AM Post #3,189 of 4,006
Yes .. any upnp/dlna server, for me it's a Synology with minimserver for DSD and flac without any conversion as files files were on SD card on the R6Pro

You can browse files on :
-> Tidal and of course Qobuz (with subscription) at any Hires format, even 24bits/192khz.
-> And any files on dropbox, Onedrive and iCloudDrive ..mconnect.jpg
A printscren on my Ipad, on Iphone it is a bit different appearance in portrait mode.
Mconnect on Iphone or Ipad, basically, is just used to browse and search in music files (by artist/album/year/playlist/etc) and then and joining those files directly to Neutron Upnp/Dlna renderer on the R6pro as a playlist. For me it's the only way to apply any PEQ or GEQ to those music on-line to suit your headphone parameters/taste.
I tried Roon ... but it needs a PC somewhere and it's incompatible with many hardware like Hiby R6pro and basically not really better than mconnect to browse upnp servers or Qobuz just with an iphone or ipad..
Wow that sounds amazing. Thanks for taking the time to show me that. I've actually been looking at Synology's too instead of all the random hard drives I have my files scattered across!

Apr 10, 2020 at 7:24 PM Post #3,192 of 4,006
Have you guys heard anything on the new firmware that has full MQA support? I haven't been able to update my firmware in ages except when @Joe Bloggs provided the file from a cloud drive
Does it just keep saying your firmware is up to date, or is it that issue where new firmware downloads but won't install?

Anyway, here's the latest firmware, you can update with this from any current version (this is not usually the case with OTA or even downloaded updates):
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1Kf4bfvjQuWjAq5c1FAsDshhOQEwUhzmN

Last edited:
HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com
Apr 11, 2020 at 1:53 AM Post #3,193 of 4,006
Apr 11, 2020 at 6:43 AM Post #3,194 of 4,006
Thanks for this. Quick question - is this more recent than the firmware 7G (20191213_1714)?
this is the same 1.7G firmware, just given in full rather than as a step update. (Downgrading is still not possible)

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com
Apr 11, 2020 at 6:59 AM Post #3,195 of 4,006
Hi Joe hope youre well

Will this work on the standard R6, im currently on version 1.7G_20191211_2002.

I tried the latest R6 version from the same link you provided, saved to the SD card and tried to do a local update, just got "error"

Luckily it just rebooted, thought i had bricked it for a minute or so!

Let me have your thoughts whdn you get 5 minutes free, any help as always is appreciated

Users who are viewing this thread

Back