Hiby R6 Pro - serious upgrade to popular DAP
Feb 26, 2020 at 12:47 PM Post #3,091 of 4,006
I felt it bad in my apartment, I mean anywhere I put it, I also have very sensitive iems but that shouldnt be a problem if properly shielded.
I have lots of wifi and Bluetooth around me. Again.. The Sony units, the rme adi-2 dac, and ak players, even mojo were all fine. R6pro and dx220 was absolutely unlistenabke
I use the N6ii and R6 pro next to each other and both have the same issue when placing my iphone on top of them.
But once the phone moves 6 inches away, just black background.

Feb 26, 2020 at 4:07 PM Post #3,093 of 4,006
I use the N6ii and R6 pro next to each other and both have the same issue when placing my iphone on top of them.
But once the phone moves 6 inches away, just black background.
Yep, that's the case for the majority of people. Seems @SupperTime lives in a microwave and insists on using super sensitive IEMs.

Feb 26, 2020 at 4:48 PM Post #3,095 of 4,006
It still does the first unfold to 96k. MQA isn't lossless, but that's a different topic for a different thread.

Shift over to Amazon Music HD and leave MQA....

Feb 27, 2020 at 5:39 AM Post #3,096 of 4,006
I have Hiby R6 Pro (Aluminum) and Sony IER-M7.
I use a balanced headphone output. For four days of use, I did not notice any interference or noise. I listen to files from the memory card, as well as over the network from the NAS server.
Having read reviews that many owners of this DAP have interference from other devices, I had concerns that I would encounter the same problems. Fortunately, I am doing well. I even tried to put my smartphone on top of the DAP, but nothing happened. :)

Feb 27, 2020 at 12:30 PM Post #3,097 of 4,006
I have Hiby R6 Pro (Aluminum) and Sony IER-M7.
I use a balanced headphone output. For four days of use, I did not notice any interference or noise. I listen to files from the memory card, as well as over the network from the NAS server.
Having read reviews that many owners of this DAP have interference from other devices, I had concerns that I would encounter the same problems. Fortunately, I am doing well. I even tried to put my smartphone on top of the DAP, but nothing happened. :)
Interesting. I tried this with my iPhone and R6 Pro. With my most sensitive IEMs I could get some RFI when the DAP and phone were literally touching, until they were about 6 inches apart, then nothing. Never heard any RFI with my full-size cans. Barely heard a small amount of RFI when I listened to my IEMs out of the SE jack.

Personally, having to keep my DAP at least 6 inches from my phone doesn't bother me too much. However, if, like @SupperTime. I was experiencing RFI from devices 'at a distance' I'd sell mine as well.

Feb 28, 2020 at 9:33 AM Post #3,098 of 4,006
HiBy Music app on my R6 Pro is 1.4.6 beta. It is the HiBy Music R6PRO International Professional Edition.

On the Play Store it shows as 3.3.0. It shows as installed but I do not see a way to update it.

Any suggestions?

Feb 28, 2020 at 12:27 PM Post #3,100 of 4,006
Hi,

does anyone knows the rms Output voltage at the balanced Output? Need to know if it can drive my sennheiser hd 820 with enough headroom and dynamic.

thx
I don't see it listed anywhere, but it calculates out to 4.9 volts -- square root of power in watts (.750) * resistance in ohms (32).

Note that your HD-820 have sensitivity of 103 dB @ 300 Ohms resistance. My Auteur have 97 dB @ 300 ohms resistance. Hiby R6 Pro drives my Auteur very well via balanced output. I generally listen on high gain at about 35 - 50 out of 100 on the Hiby. My head would explode if I pushed it to 60. So I expect that the R6 Pro would drive your cans very well. Theoretically, my Auteur require 4 times as much power to achieve the same SPL as your 820s (power needs to double for every 3 dB).

tl;dr: Yes, R6 Pro can definitely drive (your) sennheiser hd 820 with enough headroom and dynamic (range?).

Feb 29, 2020 at 4:21 AM Post #3,102 of 4,006
I have a small probem with my Hiby Pro 6.
Some times when i use the 3.5mm port i get hissing thats louder than the music.
Restarting the r6 stops this but i comes back when i next use the 3.5mm port ( not always though ).
Could i have a faulty unit ?
It does not do this with the Balanced 4.4mm port.

Feb 29, 2020 at 6:09 AM Post #3,103 of 4,006
I have a small probem with my Hiby Pro 6.
Some times when i use the 3.5mm port i get hissing thats louder than the music.
Restarting the r6 stops this but i comes back when i next use the 3.5mm port ( not always though ).
Could i have a faulty unit ?
It does not do this with the Balanced 4.4mm port.
Try changing your cable, and try with different headphones/IEMs. If it persists then you know it has something to do with the dap.

Feb 29, 2020 at 6:27 AM Post #3,104 of 4,006
Try changing your cable, and try with different headphones/IEMs. If it persists then you know it has something to do with the dap.

I can tollerate the occasional restart for this sort of thing

Users who are viewing this thread

Back