Hiby R6 Pro - serious upgrade to popular DAP
Mar 6, 2020 at 1:12 PM Post #3,122 of 4,000
Hi all!
What IEMs do you use with R6pro?
My ibasso it04 are not so good with Hiby. No synergy found)) highs are too crispy.
I'm surprised to read this. I enjoy my IT-04 (and IT-03) very much with the R6p. I do agree that the R6p/IT-04 has prominent highs, but I don't hear them 'too anything' nor as worse from R6p vs Cowon Plenue II Mk2, and actually better from R6p vs Opus #2. I do use the CB-13 cable, which to me fills the mids a bit more vs stock, so perhaps that contributes to differences between what you and I hear.

Of course, it could also be that we just have different preferences. For example, I find Utopia a little sharp, with abundant energy in the highs. But they're close enough to 'just right' that a little tweaking elsewhere in the chain made them work for me. You don't have any profile info, so I can't tell what your preferences are like. I guess the real question is whether you like IT-04 with other DAPs/sources, so this is strictly an R6p problem?

Stupid question, but, are you getting a good tight seal with your tips? With a bad seal, the bass can disappear, leading to turning up the volume, and then too much treble. FYI, I listen to IT-04 from R6p @ around 25 on low gain.

Mar 7, 2020 at 10:30 AM Post #3,124 of 4,000
I always turn off DAP completely if I don't use it.
Quite often, when I turn on the DAP, it switches to the "Fastboot" (?) mode (there is an Android lying on the screen with an open belly and an exclamation mark). There seems to be some kind of error while booting the system.
Has anyone had such problems?
PS: I added only Chrome, UAPP and SD Maid to the device. Probably a failure can cause one of these applications.

Mar 7, 2020 at 8:17 PM Post #3,126 of 4,000
Whoa. I just had an issue pop up today with my R6 Pro, software-wise. Regardless of which letter I choose to jump to on the right side while scrolling, it jumps to the L section. Has anyone else seen this? I'm planning on deleting and reinstalling the HiBy app. I'm sure that that will fix things.

[edit - 2020.03.08]
HiBy released an update in December 2019 that I missed. I installed it and now the issue is gone.

Last edited:
Mar 8, 2020 at 8:57 AM Post #3,127 of 4,000
I always turn off DAP completely if I don't use it.
Quite often, when I turn on the DAP, it switches to the "Fastboot" (?) mode (there is an Android lying on the screen with an open belly and an exclamation mark). There seems to be some kind of error while booting the system.
Has anyone had such problems?
PS: I added only Chrome, UAPP and SD Maid to the device. Probably a failure can cause one of these applications.
Hello Victorr,

Are you holding down a button on the other side while pressing the power button to power it on, by any chance? That could lead to what you see quite often.

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com
Mar 8, 2020 at 2:55 PM Post #3,128 of 4,000
Are you holding down a button on the other side while pressing the power button to power it on, by any chance? That could lead to what you see quite often.
Thank you for your response!
No, I only press the power button. Holding two buttons at the same time takes a long time to react, I don't do that.
I found that earlier I installed another application on the DAP. This is the "Qfile" application for the QNAP NAS server, which is useless to me. I deleted it and now there are no download failures. Perhaps that was the cause of the problem. I'll see if there will be problems in the future.

Mar 8, 2020 at 3:12 PM Post #3,129 of 4,000
Thank you for your response!
No, I only press the power button. Holding two buttons at the same time takes a long time to react, I don't do that.
I found that earlier I installed another application on the DAP. This is the "Qfile" application for the QNAP NAS server, which is useless to me. I deleted it and now there are no download failures. Perhaps that was the cause of the problem. I'll see if there will be problems in the future.
What version of firmware you using?

I had to update 3 or 4 times in a row to get to most recent update. Seems like R6 updates only to next firmware version and won’t skip to latest. Maybe that will help.

Mar 9, 2020 at 5:44 PM Post #3,131 of 4,000
What DAC's work or work best with your Hiby R6 Pro via coax/SPDIF and or USB?
What have you been able to get a SPDIF lock with, up to what sample rates, and what DAC's have not gotten a lock with your Hiby R6 Pro's in your experience??
Thanks!

Mine: Hiby R6 Pro Aluminum / Hiby spdif cable / AIFF files

DACCoax Lock y/nSample RateUSB Lock y/nSample Rate
Chord Mojoyesup to 96kyestested 192k
Metrum Octavenon/an/an/a
Peachtree Dac-itnon/ayestested 192k

Last edited:
Mar 9, 2020 at 6:47 PM Post #3,132 of 4,000
What DAC's work or work best with your Hiby R6 Pro via coax/SPDIF and or USB?

I have mine connected via a 5 meter USB cable to my

Mutec MC3+USB re-clocker

And via a 110 ohm AES cable I feed the output of the Mutec into my

Grace Design m903 Reference D/A Headphone amplifier

I will post some front panel display photos to try to figure out what sample rates are going on...

Last edited:
Mar 10, 2020 at 3:48 AM Post #3,133 of 4,000
I use usb out now to play Amazon music HD into my home DAC via a 5 meter cable and it works great.

I very much doubt spdif signal would survive such a long cable.

Only issue now is running out of power.

But I have chromecast audio set up to another input on the DAC and can use that while charging.

I run 7.6 meters of coax from an Audiophellio 2 ( usb to spdif converter ) to my Metrum Octave Dac.. this may not translate in any way shape or form to the R6 Pro, but apparently in a healthy implementation, it works well for me :)

Mar 10, 2020 at 4:04 AM Post #3,134 of 4,000
I don't have all the technical info, but I believe the Android version of Amazon Music just default upsamples everything to 192 because they had an issue before where the HD and Ultra HD selections would not output at the proper sample rate. They did an update, and now everything samples at 192.

Thanks for this info! I was testing Amazon Music HD today via spdif from my R6 Pro to a Mojo, and nothing happened, which figures, because it won't apparently output more than 96k to my mojo via coax... My dealer suggested trying FLAC vs AIFF files on spdif output to see if that would help. Amazon HD outputs in FLAC... so, apparently, no. I wish my R6 Pro worked properly in this regard. It does in other ways.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back