HiBy R6 pro II + HiBy Crystal 6 Gen II / HiBy Zeta Easter 2023 inaugural tour--first impressions rolling in!
Mar 29, 2023 at 7:01 AM Post #46 of 100
Hello,

Yes, I also think it's a shame that new residents don't get a chance.
They can give better feedback on what is not good and what is good and improve it accordingly for the future than any pro rewiever who only describes the essentials that you can find on X pages by now.
Where, unfortunately, you can hardly find any information about how good the devices actually are.
Probably also due to lack of time or interest to deal with the things.

As it looks, I'm not there either, which is no bad thing.
I will cope with it and am not angry about it.
Congratulations to all who will receive it and have fun.

I also found it a pity that Generation 2 was delivered at short notice instead of Generation 3 as described.
There must be delivery problems or something else.
I don't know if you read it correctly but tour unit will be r6 pro ii, the newest dap that hasn't even been released yet.

Last edited:
Mar 29, 2023 at 12:08 PM Post #47 of 100
Hello,

They can give better feedback on what is not good and what is good and improve it accordingly for the future than any pro rewiever who only describes the essentials that you can find on X pages by now.
Where, unfortunately, you can hardly find any information about how good the devices actually are.

I also found it a pity that Generation 2 was delivered at short notice instead of Generation 3 as described.
Well there’s still hope as it’s not finalised yet maybe we’ll get a chance.

The R6 pro II is supposedly better and newer than R6 III ( also more interesting IMO due to dual ak4499 chips ) so it’s an upgrade you should be happy about.

Mar 29, 2023 at 9:09 PM Post #48 of 100
Looking forward to seeing the spec sheet on this. Currently have the Hiby R5 Saber and recently got Andromedas and the noise floor isn't good enough to run them with "black" silence.
R6 III has slightly worse noise floor (according to specs sent to me) and I hope this has the requisite specs I'm looking for!

Mar 30, 2023 at 9:07 PM Post #49 of 100
Hello,

Hi,

Thank you for your feedback.

Let me actually reveal the list of reviewers chosen so far:
baskingshark
bryaudioreviews
darmanastartes
gadgetgod
goodvibes
Hoggy
Ichos
Johnny Mac
kesobie
Mike Foley
MusicalDoc8
NymPHONOmaniac
RemedyMusic
StivVid
ywheng89
Zerstorer_GOhren

I think you'll definitely find some new faces there (e.g. they don't come much newer than Hoggy :) )

Also, and this will be news to them because I haven't got around to notifying them, but @o0genesis0o and @SynaestheticA will receive something directly from me to test and review, even if it's not the tour package :)

There's certainly no shortage of R6 Gen III's but you're the first person I've heard from saying they'd want to test that instead of the upcoming R6 pro II 😅

Last edited:
HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com
Mar 30, 2023 at 9:15 PM Post #50 of 100
Hi,

Thank you for your feedback.

Let me actually reveal the list of reviewers chosen so far:
baskingshark
bryaudioreviews
darmanastartes
gadgetgod
goodvibes
Hoggy
Ichos
Johnny Mac
kesobie
Mike Foley
MusicalDoc8
NymPHONOmaniac
RemedyMusic
StivVid
ywheng89
Zerstorer_GOhren

I think you'll definitely find some new faces there (e.g. they don't come much newer than Hoggy :) )

Also, and this will be news to them because I haven't got around to notifying them, but @o0genesis0o and @SynaestheticA will receive something directly from me to test and review, even if it's not the tour package :)

There's certainly no shortage of R6 Gen III's but you're the first person I've heard from saying they'd want to test that instead of the upcoming R6 pro II 😅

Thanks for the news.

Great reviewer list, btw. I have followed reviews of many of them since my first days in this hobby and I will be looking forward for their impressions :beyersmile:

Mar 30, 2023 at 9:34 PM Post #52 of 100
taken a bit of time to get on tonight, server issues I see. Cheers for all the feedback Joe and the mention, love reading through the site posted a few photo's, music and photography work together really well .

Mar 30, 2023 at 9:41 PM Post #53 of 100
taken a bit of time to get on tonight, server issues I see. Cheers for all the feedback Joe and the mention, love reading through the site posted a few photo's, music and photography

Mar 30, 2023 at 9:56 PM Post #54 of 100
congratulations to those selected, hopefully one day I can have the privilege of being considered to collab, I will continue working hard on my channel to meet the standards. 😁
I would have loved to include you guys from Mexico and would have if more reviewers in the region were available! Geography and customs borders and taxes does play into this. For example, I haven't gotten around to announcing it yet, but after a large number of potential reviewers all applied (outside this thread*) from the same country, we have decided to add a package to accommodate them directly for the purpose of getting more reviews closer to the launch date of the R6 pro II. It's a good deal for us because being all in the same country there's no customs taxes to worry about. That is also the case for the package travelling within Europe, and within USA, etc. This does also benefit the group that applied here, in that more applicants from within that region (that didn't get originally selected) will now be selected to partake in the unit that now has one less country to tour :)

*I did not designate this thread as the sole point of entry for the tour. For example, I also invited applications on reddit.

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com
Mar 31, 2023 at 2:24 AM Post #55 of 100
Cool stuff. Thanks for heads up. Looking forward to it and to hearing from the rest of the chosen ones when they get their impressions in.

Apr 15, 2023 at 5:01 AM Post #60 of 100

Hiby R6 Pro 2: Unboxing and First Impressions​

INTRO

I just got the latest medium-end DAP from Hiby (available for pre-order today on their website), the R6 Pro II (hereinafter R6Pro2), as part of HiFiGo’s review tour. Before anything else, I’d like to thank HiFiGo and Hiby for the opportunity to review some awesome audio gear, particularly the R6Pro2 (spoiler alert!). That being said, all content, opinions, conjectures, and errors expressed herein are entirely my own. I try not to be biased as far as humanly possible.

Out of the Box

The unboxing experience is straightforward and simple, yet stylish, setting the tone for my initial impressions. Upon opening, you are immediately greeted by the device itself, the tour unit coming in wearing sexy black (there’s a more popular purple colorway too). Its large screen is the first thing I noticed; much larger than my FiiO M11 Plus. It’s also considerably thinner than the M11 Plus (please see included photos for size comparison). I’m digging the overall design language, particularly the “waveform” design at the back, which probably helps dissipate heat. The included accessories, spartan but complete, are also well appreciated, particularly the faux leather case, the type A adapter for the type C cable, and the extra screen and back protectors. No need to look for essential aftermarket accessories. Very thoughtful.

At First Blush

Of course, I couldn’t help but boot it up immediately after unboxing. Initial boot time took just about 3 to 5 seconds. The introduction screen and dialogue boxes are straightforward and easy to follow since I’m familiar with Android from the M11 Plus. However, the R6Pro2 uses Hiby’s proprietary OS, which is a first for me.

Although I couldn’t test the touted 2 terabyte capacity of the R6Pro2, I’m happy to report that it had no problems with my 1 terabyte microSD card. The DAP was able to scan around 380 gigabytes worth of music in less than a minute.

Logging into my Apple Music account was also a breeze. However, loading my entire Apple Music Library took a bit longer, around 2 minutes. In fairness, I have accumulated a relatively extensive library and created several playlists, as I’ve been using Apple Music for quite some time now. Once that was complete and Apple Music was up and running, I immediately noticed that playback abruptly cut at the tail end of songs. My theory is that I would need to tweak the playback settings. I’ll report back to you guys once I’ve confirmed this.

Sound Impressions

My initial listen was done with the settings on class A amp mode at high gain using Letshuoer Cadenza 12 playing, as per usual, the Eagles’ Hotel California (24-bit 192 kHz) at 32 to 38 dB. Here’s my initial take, all in comparison to the FiiO M11 Plus:

• I couldn’t help but notice immediately how nicely warmer the sound replay was. As I prefer a warmish neutral sound signature, this is right up my alley.
  • Bass was a tad richer, with the bass guitar at the intro full and accomplished (note replay from beginning to end is complete and accurate).
  • During this initial listen, I hazard to say that the sound replay is akin to tube amps, perhaps with less natural distortion. I must say that they really complement the Cadenza 12’s technical capabilities. It reveals more nuances of the tracks played by the Cadenza 12, with micro details pleasantly and subtly revealed but nothing overboard or unnaturally pushed forward.
  • At this point, I veered from my usual initial listening routine as I couldn’t help but immediately throw a few DSD files at it to test how well it could handle them. With the Cadenza 12, the details are wonderfully revealed, with a touch of warmth that ticks off my first impressions like boxes.
  • I did notice some noise when music is on pause at the class A amp and high gain setting, but nothing distracting or annoying. This could depend on the IEMs used; in this instance, it’s the Cadenza 12.

OUTRO

So these are my initial thoughts on the R6Pro2 based on a very short time with it. I look forward to spending more time getting to know it. I’m very excited to try them with Hiby’s Crystal6 version 2, explore possible synergies with other audio gears (headphones, IEMs, and Bluetooth devices), and compare this DAP extensively with my trusty FiiO M11 Plus ESS. Thank you for taking the time to read this short take, and I hope to see you in the next one.

#HibyR6ProII #DAP #Unboxing #InitialImpressions #MALEAudioReviews

Users who are viewing this thread

Back