The HiBy R6 III is now available for pre-order!
Feb 10, 2023 at 3:10 AM Post #5 of 25
yeeeeeesh...how many models Hiby got now??? It like they are not wasting time to be like AK and Fiio in filling every stocking.

Feb 10, 2023 at 4:05 AM Post #6 of 25
Are their current offerings that bad that they need to refresh their line up?

Feb 10, 2023 at 9:22 AM Post #7 of 25
the DAP companies are like cell phone companies. there are 2 new models every year and a new flagship every 2-3 years. i still buy DAPs, they are an active part of my listening, but you need to be aware that when you buy a model, especially lower or mid-tier, it is likely already outdated.

Feb 10, 2023 at 9:32 AM Post #8 of 25
I notice that daps with android softwares tend to get refreshed so fast compared to non android ones.

Last edited:
Feb 11, 2023 at 6:43 AM Post #9 of 25
I notice that daps with android softwares tend to get refreshed so fast compared to non android ones.
Happens only with certain brands. Sony won't refresh the WM1A2 for the next 3/4 years at least. Same applies to Cayin with the N8ii.

Meanwhile successor to Hiby RS8 might arrive by the end of the year if not next year. Same goes for Fiio's M17.

All these brands do is deprecate products that the customers bought for high MSRP not too long ago.

Feb 12, 2023 at 2:23 AM Post #11 of 25
Happens only with certain brands. Sony won't refresh the WM1A2 for the next 3/4 years at least. Same applies to Cayin with the N8ii.

Meanwhile successor to Hiby RS8 might arrive by the end of the year if not next year. Same goes for Fiio's M17.

All these brands do is deprecate products that the customers bought for high MSRP not too long ago.
Yes!! This is the reason why i prefer sony and cayin compared to say ak and the others. But I'll stop here, I've already derailed the thread's main topic too much.

Feb 12, 2023 at 6:16 PM Post #13 of 25
I was really underwhelmed by the build quality on my first gen R5. It felt like one of those budget Android phones you can get at Walgreens. I think they needed a refresh just to stay competitive.
Rather unfortunate

Users who are viewing this thread

Back