HiBy R6 III (Gen 3) Android digital audio player, Dual ES9038Q2M, Class A / AB amplification switch, Snapdragon 665, Open Android 12 OS, DSD512 / PCM768
Mar 19, 2023 at 1:11 PM Post #346 of 1,511
I haven't turned on devlepor options as of yet.... just Settings>Bluetooth>Bluetooth Audio Settings. Basicly not able to control any of the settings listed here.. just showing Use System Selection (Default). The only setting I can change here is the Maxium connected Bluetooth audio devices.
@Joe Bloggs @VeightTripleDivision @BobSmith8901
Nevermind about not being able to choose Bluetooth Codec Settings. I should have known... I need to have a bluetooth transmission device connected. :head_bandage:

All is working as expected now and streaming bluetooth audio through various formats on my BTR5 sounds better than through my phone! Glad that coffee finally kicked in today!

Last edited:
Mar 19, 2023 at 2:58 PM Post #348 of 1,511
I haven't tried the clear case but the green leather case works, but not nearly as well w/o a case at all. I ordered the brown leather case (w/o the velcro enclosure_ from HIBY's sight and once I get that I may modify the green case a bit to allow better access to the volume control.
Thanks. Definitely let us know how it goes once you have the other case

When you swipe down do you see this widget?

Tap "Wired headphones", you should see this volume slider
Thanks! Super helpful. Would never have thought to click that to access volume control.

However, I played around with this function, and note that if you adjust the volume with this method your volume setting is NOT saved when switching headphones. The next time you plug a headphone into the same jack, the volume will revert to the level that was last set using either the physical volume wheel, or using the method that @damintoell mentioned (tapping volume number icon in very top right of drop down tray)

I think this is a bug, and is certainly quite dangerous when you think you've turned the volume all the way down. I got a nasty surprise when switching between 93db sensitivity planars and 123 db sensitive IEMs.

Perhaps @Joe Bloggs can advise and/or make sure this gets reported through the correct channels.

This looks handy, thank you.

Swipe down the control panel and then tap the volume number on the top left. This will invoke the familiar volume control overlay with the green circles.
Thanks! As with the other method above, I never would have thought to tap that icon.

Issues with Bit Perfect streaming after Firmware Update.

Is anybody else having issues with BIT Perfect playback after 1.11_20230310-1937 upate with streaming apps? I had no issues what-so-ever with bitperfect playback (sans Roon Arc | Roon | Plexmedia) before updating but just noticed that Spotify, Qobuz, RadioGarden, etc.. are playing back 44.1 at 48K . Qobuz stream Hi Rez streams correctly, but CD Quality is no longer bit perfect. The only app working correct for me at the moment is Hiby Music Player.
Yes both tidal and Qobuz apps when playing 16/44.1, the R6iii displays 48K at the top of the screen.
I just plugged the R6iii into a USB DAC. The DAC is reporting 48kbps for 44.1 files. Other sample rates are working.
Strange. I have the latest and am not having these issues with Qobuz. Working fine, and reporting the correct sample rate in the top right corner of the screen for playback of 44.1, 48, 96 and 172 tracks, both into headphones and into an external USB-C DAC. Haven't tried with other streaming services yet but will be installing Tidal and Spotify shortly.

@brainfog are you having this problem both when playing through a headphone jack, and through an external DAC?

Mar 19, 2023 at 3:45 PM Post #350 of 1,511
Also, while we're on the subject of volume controls and external DAC's... Anyone know how to enable volume control of external USB DAC's? I haven't located that option anywhere.

And another dumb question. How do I get the Hiby app to sort an album's tracks in track number order, not alphabetical order....?

Speaking of cases, I wish HiBy's cases had a cutout for the microSD card slot, it makes it annoying when I want to add music files.
It's a little clunky, but the Hiby app's "Import music via Wifi" option seems to work ok if you just want to add a few songs at a time. Probably not a solution if you need to add hundreds of files though.

Mar 19, 2023 at 3:47 PM Post #351 of 1,511
Speaking of cases, I wish HiBy's cases had a cutout for the microSD card slot, it makes it annoying when I want to add music files.
Personally I just plug the usb-c cable into the PC.

Mar 19, 2023 at 4:14 PM Post #352 of 1,511
Strange. I have the latest and am not having these issues with Qobuz. Working fine, and reporting the correct sample rate in the top right corner of the screen for playback of 44.1, 48, 96 and 172 tracks, both into headphones and into an external USB-C DAC. Haven't tried with other streaming services yet but will be installing Tidal and Spotify shortly.

@brainfog are you having this problem both when playing through a headphone jack, and through an external DAC?
@Qualitas As a DAP playing through headphone jack I'm having issues as described. Hiby Music the only 44.1 stream for 44.1 playblack, using an external DAC I have the same issues (unless I use Roon ARC's "Enable USB Driver" in which case everything streams as expected to external DAC).
Using the R6 III as DAC from computer using Roon, System Audio, Qobuz, Spotify everything works fine.

Perhaps the strangest bit of all this though.... Spotify podcasts play as 44.1 while music plays as 48. I tried resetting to system default but that didn't change anything.

Screenshot_20230319-150601.png
Screenshot_20230319-150621.png

Last edited:
Mar 20, 2023 at 5:34 AM Post #354 of 1,511
Perhaps the strangest bit of all this though.... Spotify podcasts play as 44.1 while music plays as 48. I tried resetting to system default but that didn't change anything.

Screenshot_20230319-150601.pngScreenshot_20230319-150621.png

This is consistent to what I noticed. I think it just the spotify behaviour for this R6iii. I compared it with my Ibasso DX220, it show 44.1Khz for both podcast and regular song (tested with Pet Shop Boys)

Mar 20, 2023 at 5:38 AM Post #357 of 1,511
I find reasonable performance using software like Solid Explorer to download from NAS or PC.
Same here. Once I went wireless with Solid Explorer, no more cables or SD card removals for me. It's the main reason to get an Android DAP imo.

Mar 20, 2023 at 6:40 AM Post #358 of 1,511
However, I played around with this function, and note that if you adjust the volume with this method your volume setting is NOT saved when switching headphones. The next time you plug a headphone into the same jack, the volume will revert to the level that was last set using either the physical volume wheel, or using the method that @damintoell mentioned (tapping volume number icon in very top right of drop down tray)

I think this is a bug, and is certainly quite dangerous when you think you've turned the volume all the way down. I got a nasty surprise when switching between 93db sensitivity planars and 123 db sensitive IEMs.

Perhaps @Joe Bloggs can advise and/or make sure this gets reported through the correct channels.

This is the first time I've seen this particular volume control to be honest but the engineering team is aware of this omission and working on it for the next update.

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com
Mar 20, 2023 at 2:29 PM Post #359 of 1,511
I find reasonable performance using software like Solid Explorer to download from NAS or PC.

Same here. Once I went wireless with Solid Explorer, no more cables or SD card removals for me. It's the main reason to get an Android DAP imo.
Thank you so much for making me aware of Solid Explorer @ongbenghui && @gLer . Within the first 3 minutes of testing funcitonality I purchased this app. Very fast FTP transfer speeds indeed and I would say just it feels as fast (even if it is not) as direct connection via USB w/o all the fuss!
Digital_Overlord 2023-03-20 at 13.38.26.jpg

Last edited:
Mar 20, 2023 at 2:56 PM Post #360 of 1,511
Hi I've bought and used the unit for a few days. Quite satisfied except one thing, I cannot use UAPP. Playback always seems to stutter, or in some case no sound at all playing local files. Tried increasing buffer and others settings. Can someone using this dap with uapp share their settings? Many thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Back