HiBy R6 III (Gen 3) Android digital audio player, Dual ES9038Q2M, Class A / AB amplification switch, Snapdragon 665, Open Android 12 OS, DSD512 / PCM768
Mar 4, 2024 at 12:58 AM Post #1,396 of 1,513
@Joe Bloggs, is the USB to Coax adapter/cable available with a longer length? I plan to use R6 3 to stream music to the home audio system which only has a coax digital input.

Mar 4, 2024 at 1:18 AM Post #1,397 of 1,513
@Joe Bloggs, is the USB to Coax adapter/cable available with a longer length? I plan to use R6 3 to stream music to the home audio system which only has a coax digital input.
https://www.aliexpress.us/item/2255800402720567.html

It's a bit expensive for what it is, but should do the job.

Alternatively, simply plug a 3.5mm female to dual RCA male adapter cable to the end of our cable, and one of the two RCA plugs should carry the whole S/PDIF signal.

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com
Mar 4, 2024 at 1:38 AM Post #1,398 of 1,513
Received my Hiby R6 ver3 today, earlier by a day than I thought, have set it up, updated the firmware and installed Amazon Music, my preferred player. Sounds great so far, looking forward to using it on a long walk tomorrow. It’s a lot faster in the User Interface than my Tempotec v6. I like its sound as well.

Mar 5, 2024 at 4:22 AM Post #1,400 of 1,513
Would the R6 III be much of an upgrade in sound quality over the Sony ZX300 Walkman?

Mar 5, 2024 at 6:54 PM Post #1,401 of 1,513
Would the R6 III be much of an upgrade in sound quality over the Sony ZX300 Walkman?
Depends on what you make of it :) I think the consensus here is that it can be much of an upgrade over most other things if you make good use of the many exclusive onboard DSP enhancements available. Which is as it should be--you have more CPU power in your pocket than what took people to the moon in the 1970s, now to make good use of it on music other than simple playback and browsing :)

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com
Mar 6, 2024 at 10:09 AM Post #1,402 of 1,513
@Joe Bloggs you know what would be nice:

Sound profiles for all available audio settings combined. (PEQ/MSEB/Plug-ins)

At the moment i can only create a customized profile for PEQ settings but not for the whole package but different headphones might require different MSEB/plugin settings

Maybe you like the idea aswell :)

Cheers :beerchug:

Mar 6, 2024 at 10:36 AM Post #1,403 of 1,513
@Joe Bloggs you know what would be nice:

Sound profiles for all available audio settings combined. (PEQ/MSEB/Plug-ins)

At the moment i can only create a customized profile for PEQ settings but not for the whole package but different headphones might require different MSEB/plugin settings

Maybe you like the idea aswell :)

Cheers :beerchug:
I don’t have the R6, but have the M300 (and a Tempotec V6). I personally like where Qudelix is going with their 5K: they have a PEQ setting for the headphones/IEM: combined with AutoEQ, that’s where you fiddle to “correct” your HP/IEM to whatever “target” you like. But they also have a separate PEQ setting for the user: that’s where you set your own personal preferences, regardless of the HP you use.
So for me, it makes more sense to keep the PEQ preset (HP-related) separate from MSEB (user preference).
But it’s just my opinion !!! :ksc75smile: :ksc75smile: :ksc75smile:

Mar 6, 2024 at 10:42 AM Post #1,404 of 1,513
I don’t have the R6, but have the M300 (and a Tempotec V6). I personally like where Qudelix is going with their 5K: they have a PEQ setting for the headphones/IEM: combined with AutoEQ, that’s where you fiddle to “correct” your HP/IEM to whatever “target” you like. But they also have a separate PEQ setting for the user: that’s where you set your own personal preferences, regardless of the HP you use.
So for me, it makes more sense to keep the PEQ preset (HP-related) separate from MSEB (user preference).
But it’s just my opinion !!! :ksc75smile: :ksc75smile: :ksc75smile:
Fair enough but if you want the MSEB settings for every headphone to be the same you could just save the same settings in every profile you create.

Imho it´s always better to have more options :)

Mar 7, 2024 at 6:24 AM Post #1,405 of 1,513
Now I’ve had my HiBy R6 v3 for several days now, I noticed the supplied case isn’t that hot. It’s difficult to turn the volume control up or down when walking. I ordered a green case from HiBy online store, hopefully it will enable it to be changed easier. I didn’t look too clearly at the screen today and actually had it set to Class A, and almost ran out of power on my walk. Must make sure it’s on AB when I walk. I notice when I’m home, and use it for critical listening sessions, that Class A seems slightly warmer in the vocals on my three IEMs I use. KZ AST, sound amazing, the Simgot EA500LM, and the Kinera Celest PhoenixCall.

It really is an awesome DAP for its price, far better than I had imagined it would, and the build quality is impeccable. It runs smoothly, and the sound is outstanding.

I’m glad I purchased it. No problems yet with upgrading to the latest firmware either.

Mar 9, 2024 at 9:06 AM Post #1,406 of 1,513
For me the best feature of R6 III, is it allows me an ad-free experience while listening to Youtube with the screen off, without having to pay for Youtube premium. The caveat is that you need to download the Brave browser app. I have tried the app on my cellphone, yes it will block out the ads, but you still need to keep the screen on.

Mar 10, 2024 at 6:23 AM Post #1,407 of 1,513
Hi to all,
Well, personally I like the player very much, but I'm going to get rid of it, because I simply cannot get used to that volume knob.
Unless anyone nows off a way to command the volume with the buttons on the side ?

Mar 10, 2024 at 11:37 PM Post #1,408 of 1,513
Hi to all,
Well, personally I like the player very much, but I'm going to get rid of it, because I simply cannot get used to that volume knob.
Unless anyone nows off a way to command the volume with the buttons on the side ?
What you can do is flick the wheel one notch then control it via the touch screen as it is a digital volume control. Additionally if you get the more expensive leather case rather than the included one i feel that does help or if you are game you can use it caseless

Mar 11, 2024 at 2:46 AM Post #1,409 of 1,513
What you can do is flick the wheel one notch then control it via the touch screen as it is a digital volume control. Additionally if you get the more expensive leather case rather than the included one i feel that does help or if you are game you can use it caseless
Thanks for the reply, I got the leather case and I used it caseless to, but I cannot get used to the nob itself, I prefer volume on the sides.

Mar 11, 2024 at 3:00 AM Post #1,410 of 1,513
Hi to all,
There are apps like Tasker which support Button remapping in general. I used it on my samsung phones to remap the bixby button to google. Not tried on the hiby, but you can give it a try before getting rid of it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back