HiBy R6 III (Gen 3) Android digital audio player, Dual ES9038Q2M, Class A / AB amplification switch, Snapdragon 665, Open Android 12 OS, DSD512 / PCM768
Mar 11, 2024 at 3:32 AM Post #1,411 of 1,511
Hello!
After updating the firmware to version 1.40, I cannot use the USB Audio Player Pro (UAPP).
I connect bluetooth headphones with the HiRes driver enabled and android disabled.
When playing a track in UAPP I see "Failed to find or setup HIRes DAC!"

On other sources (Poco F5, Poco X3 Pro) UAPP works fine.

Can anyone check the operation of UAPP with bluetooth headphones with the HiRes driver enabled and Android turned off?
Settings -> Internal HiRes audio -> Use with Bluetooth output - checkbox yes
Settings -> Android audio -> Play through Android - checkbox - no

Mar 11, 2024 at 5:31 AM Post #1,412 of 1,511
Hello!
After updating the firmware to version 1.40, I cannot use the USB Audio Player Pro (UAPP).
I connect bluetooth headphones with the HiRes driver enabled and android disabled.

On other sources (Poco F5, Poco X3 Pro) UAPP works fine.

Can anyone check the operation of UAPP with bluetooth headphones with the HiRes driver enabled and Android turned off?
Settings -> Internal HiRes audio -> Use with Bluetooth output - checkbox yes
Settings -> Android audio -> Play through Android - checkbox - no
In theory you can use Android audio in this case if you want to use it for bit-perfect audio or use the system wide eq. Hiby has bypassed the 48khz restriction Android has. Or do you need it for something else? (note that I use UAPP as well but only wired).

Mar 11, 2024 at 10:34 AM Post #1,413 of 1,511
In theory you can use Android audio in this case if you want to use it for bit-perfect audio or use the system wide eq. Hiby has bypassed the 48khz restriction Android has. Or do you need it for something else? (note that I use UAPP as well but only wired).
Thanks for the answer.
I want to use bluetooth headphones via a hi-res driver.

Mar 12, 2024 at 2:45 PM Post #1,414 of 1,511
Hello!
I've still been using UAPP via bluetooth audio in my car without a problem after updating the firmware. Maybe try reinstalling UAPP?

Mar 13, 2024 at 9:42 PM Post #1,416 of 1,511
I received my case when I got home yesterday, put it on went for a walk. The green case makes a difference, nice fit, looks more premium, and better access to the Volume knob, and side buttons. Quick service from Hiby, I recommend the case as a must if you’re mobile with the DAP.

Mar 14, 2024 at 8:56 AM Post #1,418 of 1,511
Mar 16, 2024 at 11:39 PM Post #1,420 of 1,511
Full parametric eq now enabled in new firmware, its ****ing great :gs1000smile:

Mar 18, 2024 at 11:34 AM Post #1,421 of 1,511
I have some questions to the systemwide parametric EQ:
How many bands can be adjusted?
Can the systemwide EQ be used with streaming Apple Music?

And: Does it have enough power to drive the Meze Empyrean II?

Last edited:
Mar 18, 2024 at 12:12 PM Post #1,422 of 1,511
I have some questions to the systemwide parametric EQ:
How many bands can be adjusted?
Can the systemwide EQ be used with streaming Apple Music?

And: Does it have enough power to drive the Meze Empyrean II?
10 bands.
It's system wide, so this does not require any further explanation...it would work with a pinball game if you so desire too.
System wide PEQ has nothing to do with power. If the device can drive the HP / IEM it's not going to change that.

Cheers.

Mar 18, 2024 at 6:06 PM Post #1,424 of 1,511
I have the Empyrean, and it has enough power for me. I also listen to my LCD-4's on it, and it still has enough power for normal listening, even when I turn on the PEQ with the gain set at -9 db, though I do get to the 90 - 95 volume setting at those times. But again, that's with the LCD-4.

Mar 19, 2024 at 7:11 AM Post #1,425 of 1,511
Hi @Joe Bloggs - seeking advice on best way to resolve through warranty / service repair my Hiby R6 III. There's a problem with the 3.5mm headphone connection - which I normally don't use, so that the device thinks there's always something connected there - that is, the headphone symbol shows on status bar even with nothing connected. In fact, if I plug in 3.5mm either no sound or just 1 channel working if you swing a little bit the connection. Also, no output from line out 3.5mm tested with CR06 dock and it's a big drawback for me as I use it for my recordings etc. Both 4.4 LO and PO are working fine. I've contacted the reseller and he prompted to follow the service under warranty - problem is that I bought it in Switzerland and moved 3 months ago to Portugal - so If I send it to Switzerland (and reseller send to Hiby ) I risk to pay customs fee (as normally happens you pay at least 50CHF/USD just for the opening even if they don't charge tax) and the same can happen on device return. Can we claim directly with Hiby for service under warranty and if required send it directly ? How much time window can we expect for service / replacement of device ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back