HiBy R6 III (Gen 3) Android digital audio player, Dual ES9038Q2M, Class A / AB amplification switch, Snapdragon 665, Open Android 12 OS, DSD512 / PCM768
Mar 17, 2023 at 7:01 AM Post #301 of 1,534
It`s online @Joe Bloggs . I can access the google store and also browse the web with no problem. It does manage to acknowledge that there is a new version available "1.11_20230310-1937", which would also suggest it is online I think? It is when I click on "download" that I get the error.

Is there an option for FW file location to download from a link, or is it purely from
I don't know why but HiBy HQ seem really quite reluctant to share the firmware update files on e.g. Google Drive, OneDrive etc.

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com
Mar 17, 2023 at 7:03 AM Post #302 of 1,534
Is anyone else having difficulty downloading the new FW? I keep getting "currently there is no network", yet I am able to stream from Amazon Music and Radio Paradise just fine.
Select the three vertical dots in the System Update screen, select Clear The Cache, try again.

Mar 17, 2023 at 7:16 AM Post #303 of 1,534
Select the three vertical dots in the System Update screen, select Clear The Cache, try again.
Good call @gLer ! It worked perfectly after clearing the cache!

Thanks for the suggestion.

Mar 17, 2023 at 1:05 PM Post #305 of 1,534
Hi everybody,

I got my R6 III yesterday. None of the apps that have Chromecast on my other devices can cast from the R6 III. They either have the Chromecast button missing, or Qobuz has the option but it doesn't work. I've tried installing the Google Home app, that is telling me I can't even 'cast my audio'. Is there something I'm doing wrong, or is this normal?

It's a bummer, I'm used to getting home and switching my music from headphones to speakers with Chromecast almost seamlessly, I could do it with Bluetooth but it's not the same quality.

Mar 17, 2023 at 6:42 PM Post #306 of 1,534
Hi everybody
I ordered the R6 III bundled with CR06 dock (100 save), from local store as the price was “just” 100 more than through Hiby store and I prefer the safety of support/2 year warranty and store is just 40 mns train ride-besides I would most probably pay similar amount in import taxes (Switzerland… all over 150 bang ❗️) should arrive next week. Now with the dock I can take advantage of the balanced XLR output to my DAT recorder (or even coax/optical), nice. But I never used headphones other than normal with 3.5 SE. Any advice for sub 250 $ solution 4.4 mm headphones/IEMS matching well with the R6 ? Thanks

Mar 17, 2023 at 11:41 PM Post #308 of 1,534
Hi all,
Received mine on Wednesday late afternoon and was immediately blown away with it coming from the Fiio M11 Plus ESS. Its a much more impactful and intense sound which I do vibe with. Form factor is exactly what I was looking for. Used Fiio FH3, FH5s, Truthear Hola, Focal Elegia, HE400SE and DT880 (600ohm) with it and it had no issues at all. However, sadly, come yesterday afternoon (Friday) I went to plug in my Truthear Holas into it with their stock cable and I find that my player has locked itself into the 4.4mm phones out port only. Both the line-outs and the 3.5mm phone out simply refused to have any sound go out through them. Bluetooth audio did work however. Did factory resets via the settings and the recovery menus to no avail and installed the new update and it sadly did not fix my issue.
So back in its box and will be sent back to the store I bought from. Hopefully I am able to get a replacement unit and it will not suffer the same issues. Until then it is back to my chonky M11 Plus ESS.

Looking into it seems like people reported the same issues with a couple other players in particular the Hiby R6, r6 2020, r3 pro and the hidizs AP80. I doubt it is a widespread issue but it seems to be one that is persisting. But the fact it did so within 2 days worries me slightly.

Mar 18, 2023 at 3:26 AM Post #309 of 1,534
Hi everybody,

I got my R6 III yesterday. None of the apps that have Chromecast on my other devices can cast from the R6 III. They either have the Chromecast button missing, or Qobuz has the option but it doesn't work. I've tried installing the Google Home app, that is telling me I can't even 'cast my audio'. Is there something I'm doing wrong, or is this normal?

It's a bummer, I'm used to getting home and switching my music from headphones to speakers with Chromecast almost seamlessly, I could do it with Bluetooth but it's not the same quality.
you mean chromecasting from the R6iii (where you were listening presumably through headphones) out to play on the home system?

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

Mar 18, 2023 at 3:29 AM Post #310 of 1,534
Hi everybody
I ordered the R6 III bundled with CR06 dock (100 save), from local store as the price was “just” 100 more than through Hiby store and I prefer the safety of support/2 year warranty and store is just 40 mns train ride-besides I would most probably pay similar amount in import taxes (Switzerland… all over 150 bang ❗️) should arrive next week. Now with the dock I can take advantage of the balanced XLR output to my DAT recorder (or even coax/optical), nice. But I never used headphones other than normal with 3.5 SE. Any advice for sub 250 $ solution 4.4 mm headphones/IEMS matching well with the R6 ? Thanks
There's no need to go especially looking for 4.4mm earphones (especially IEMs) in a big hurry, the player does have a fine 3.5mm output as well.

As a side note, it is definitely not recommended to look for and use adapters adapting from a 3.5mm plug into a 4.4mm one.

Mar 18, 2023 at 6:54 AM Post #312 of 1,534
Exactly what Joe said - though will add in the budget (under $250 market) iem's are likely to have an edge over headphones, with all the new collab stuff coming out - market is more competitive. Most iems will not natively come with a 4.4mm connection in the budget range, so you will have to spend more for a balanced cable. In which case the gain from using a balanced connection is less than contributing that money towards a slightly more expensive iem (to get a bigger sq increase). A popular iem in that budget is the Aful Perfomer 5, but do have a look around for reviews and other gear. If possible test some iems in store (you can A/B them with your headphones to track against preferred sound). I wouldn't advise going down the route as trying to find the perfect set for a player, instead maybe think about the sort of sound signature you are looking for in an iem and go with the iem that matches that criteria. With Hiby you have the advantage of MSEB, so you can play around to get the sort of sound you like, rather than targeting a signature that might not be your ideal.

Mar 18, 2023 at 9:13 AM Post #315 of 1,534
Hi everybody
Hey there,

While people here do raise good points the investment in balanced at a lower price range is often not worth the cost, just want to offer a different perspective.

Personally, when using my daps I run things balanced where I can and invest in decent cables. Nothing too flash but decent. If you buy them once you should in theory not need to buy again. I do notice a slight benefit in sound quality but it is really up to you. Fiio makes a cool mmcx cable for iems that has magnetically interchangeable tips including for balanced which is what i use for majority of iems. They have a more expensive 8 core one but mine broke after a couple months along with a friends cable so decided to go with the magnetic one and have had no issues since. For headphones most of mine are dual 3.5mm so i just got a nice looking one of amazon (sacrilege i know) and it has been serving me well.

However like others said dont buy the 3.5mm to 4.4mm adapters as they tend to short part of the connection and can do not so great stuff to the amps.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back