HiBy R6 III (Gen 3) Android digital audio player, Dual ES9038Q2M, Class A / AB amplification switch, Snapdragon 665, Open Android 12 OS, DSD512 / PCM768
Mar 14, 2023 at 11:34 PM Post #273 of 1,537
When i plugged in my old DX 160 to a cheapo Suzuki it prompted me to install android auto. Is that what you guys are talking about or are you referring to wireless android auto?

Mar 15, 2023 at 12:00 AM Post #274 of 1,537
Thanks. Hmmm. Either that has changed since the R6 Pro, or I am doing something wrong… I can detect easily the affect of MSEB when playing through Amazon, for example, but not Tidal (when Tidal is set to bit perfect).
It’s system wide. However, it doesn’t work for MQA or at least not with Tidal Masters.

It works with all the other streaming apps.

I think it is because of the unfolding process.

Last edited:
Mar 15, 2023 at 1:21 AM Post #275 of 1,537
Question… MSEB, when people say it is system wide, does that apply to apps playing bit perfect (like Tidal or UAPP)? I have an old R6 Pro and it does not seem to apply, but maybe newer DAPs behave differently.
It does not affect bitperfect output/MQA.

Mar 15, 2023 at 2:06 AM Post #276 of 1,537
Enjoying it so far, no problems or anything. Compared to smaller brother R3 2022 this is punchier and more defined, some extra warmth with my NP. Resolution is high up there and takes good use of the Master tracks on Tidal.
DSCF2213[1] (Large).jpg

Last edited:
Mar 15, 2023 at 4:11 PM Post #277 of 1,537
Will this be able to drive a Hifiman Ananda Stealth well?
If so, only on the balanced output ?
I plan to bring a DAP on a trip I will be doing soon....

Mar 15, 2023 at 6:08 PM Post #278 of 1,537
Will this be able to drive a Hifiman Ananda Stealth well?
If so, only on the balanced output ?
I plan to bring a DAP on a trip I will be doing soon....
It drives my Arya, without checking the sensitivity, I would assume so.

Different headphone of course, but I did find the Arya just a bit too much “headphone” for the little R6. The Ananda is not the same of course.

Mar 15, 2023 at 6:26 PM Post #279 of 1,537
It drives my Arya, without checking the sensitivity, I would assume so.

Different headphone of course, but I did find the Arya just a bit too much “headphone” for the little R6. The Ananda is not the same of course.
Running the Arya balanced or single ended?

Mar 15, 2023 at 6:38 PM Post #280 of 1,537
Running the Arya balanced or single ended?
Balanced via xlr adapter.

See my very basic thoughts on page 18.

All I can say for now is the Arya’s do show up any SQ issues anyway.

On the R6 it’s more so. Some EQ/MSEB tweaking might help and I’ve yet the time to try.

However they can sound great, but the Arya will not be my headphone of choice for the R6. Whether it’s them or just huge planars? I suspect the latter.

The 660s fair much better.

Mar 15, 2023 at 8:57 PM Post #281 of 1,537
In da house.
received_5947001158748259.jpeg

Mar 16, 2023 at 11:39 AM Post #282 of 1,537
Anyone have the brown leather case that’s on Hiby’s site? I prefer the color to the green, but it looks like it doesn’t have button cutouts like the green one. I’m wondering whether that makes it nearly impossible to press the buttons, like on my R5ii’s case.

Mar 16, 2023 at 11:44 AM Post #283 of 1,537
Anyone have the brown leather case that’s on Hiby’s site? I prefer the color to the green, but it looks like it doesn’t have button cutouts like the green one. I’m wondering whether that makes it nearly impossible to press the buttons, like on my R5ii’s case.
The brown case for The New Hiby R6 also fits the R6 Gen III. It is more secure because of the Velcro flap at the top, and there is a cut out on the right side for the buttons.

Mar 16, 2023 at 11:45 AM Post #284 of 1,537
I've got it and it does have a cut out for the entire button section and for the ports at the bottom. There isn't a cut out for the SD card slot so you have to remove the device to access it - not an issue for me, personally.

Last edited:
Mar 16, 2023 at 12:26 PM Post #285 of 1,537
Fantastic. Thank you both. But man, their case pricing is all over the map. $15 for green, $30 for brown, $66 for the "New R6" brown one with the flap.

I've got it and it does have a cut out for the entire button section and for the ports at the bottom. There isn't a cut out for the SD card slot so you have to remove the device to access it - not an issue for me, personally.
Does yours look like the one they have on the site here, but with button cut outs?
https://store.hiby.com/products/r6-iii-gen-3-leather-case?variant=43722375332056

Or more like the one that BobbyTBrown has, with the flap?
https://store.hiby.com/products/new-r6-leather-case

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back