HIBY R6 - DAP Dual DAC Balanced Out - Great Reviews and Over 500% Funded @ Indiegogo!
Jun 7, 2019 at 8:00 AM Post #6,031 of 6,622
Fully charged unit this morning. Listened to about 15 minutes on the way home from dropping my daughter at school. Pleace unit on the table. 96% battery.
Just over 4 hours later. 63% battery.

1.12 (not 1.2) firmware.

This thing is seriously broken.

EDIT: Battery settings on show full device usage: Bluetooth 30%, Google Services 5%, Android System 2%.
Bluetooth is on, but no devices connected.

Last edited:
Jun 7, 2019 at 8:37 AM Post #6,032 of 6,622
I'm guessing, because of no acknowledgement of the problem from Joe, it's being investigated at HiBy. Hopefully some news will come our way from them soon. I really need to get myself a quick charger if i'm going to be charging up the R6 so often for a while

Jun 7, 2019 at 12:17 PM Post #6,034 of 6,622
Battery issues here as well on the latest firmware....wifi worse and runs hot

did a full erase and started from scratch .....still poor

The R6 pro has similar battery issue as well after the latest firmware update. Battery depletes very fast and the DAP itself runs pretty hot only after 20 minutes or so of play time. Joe & Hiby Team need to really look into fixing this soon as this really affects the usability of the DAP.

Jun 7, 2019 at 1:13 PM Post #6,036 of 6,622
The R6 pro has similar battery issue as well after the latest firmware update. Battery depletes very fast and the DAP itself runs pretty hot only after 20 minutes or so of play time. Joe & Hiby Team need to really look into fixing this soon as this really affects the usability of the DAP.

Just had a look in the R6 Pro thread and yeah it looks like the pro is affected in the same way but they're slower to catch on.

Jun 7, 2019 at 2:04 PM Post #6,037 of 6,622
:astonished:

Last edited:
Jun 7, 2019 at 2:22 PM Post #6,038 of 6,622
My plan is to let the R6 "cool off" on the shelf until these battery and heat issues get sorted out by HiBy. Luckily I have an iBasso DX120 as a backup so I can keep listening!
Yeah, I literally put mine in the fridge to cool off because it was so hot!

Jun 7, 2019 at 2:56 PM Post #6,039 of 6,622
Jun 7, 2019 at 4:26 PM Post #6,041 of 6,622
I'm on build 1.12 right now, and I almost thought it was in my head after reading this thread, but I've been having some battery issues as well. Unit was getting warmer than usual during idle, and losing a lot of battery just sitting there, when I went into the battery part of the menu I had 175% usage by google play services, which says "used for 37min". I definitely encourage people to check that menu and see what exactly is draining the battery.

Jun 7, 2019 at 5:08 PM Post #6,043 of 6,622
Dear daduy,
That depends on how it's not working... details?

Hi Joe,

Right, so i make sure i got the right COM ports

1-device-manager.PNG

Fire up the flasher, put the appropriate folder

2-folder.PNG

and hit start, then i got this red status thingy

3-status.PNG

tried to compare the content of the MM and Oreo update and can see some major differences

MM:

4-mm-folder.PNG

Oreo:

5-oreo-folder.PNG

Which is why the question: is the MM image the right one? or maybe i am doing something wrong, let me know :)

Thanks and regards

Last edited:
Jun 8, 2019 at 11:51 AM Post #6,044 of 6,622
Daduy, Mine did that on my first attempt to upgrade Android to Oreo. I right clicked on the Qualcomm driver in device manager and uninstalled it. I then unplugged the R6 and plugged it back in and allowed Windows 10 find the driver itself and the flash worked.

Am i right in thinking the R6 should go to sleep if left alone and the blue LED on the power button should go out? If so how long before it should happen. I've left mine for 3 hours and the blue LED didn't go out.

EDIT: I've also tried setting the sleep timer to 4 minutes and it doesn't seem to do anything. Power LED still lit after 4 minutes

Last edited:
Jun 8, 2019 at 1:45 PM Post #6,045 of 6,622
Just had a look in the R6 Pro thread and yeah it looks like the pro is affected in the same way but they're slower to catch on.
It depletes fast on balanced outpout (at least, faster than I would expect, but still lasts more than enough for a full day). It lasts long on SE however (for me).

I manually it off when it's not in use however, so I can't vouch for the standby time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back