HIBY R6 - DAP Dual DAC Balanced Out - Great Reviews and Over 500% Funded @ Indiegogo!
May 22, 2019 at 12:34 PM Post #5,911 of 6,622
check out the separate settings app. How tough was the oreo update? I heard more then 1 concern about bricking.

jhv

I'm not sure what you mean about the separate settings app vinjeman. The Oreo update wasn't tough at all. It failed the first time i tried so had a look though this thread for any hints about the process and discovered you don't need to install the driver in the first steps of the instructions if you are using Windows 10. So i uninstalled the driver and allowed Windows to install it's own driver for the R6 and it then updated fine. So for me it's just the app update to fathom out

May 22, 2019 at 5:26 PM Post #5,912 of 6,622
Hello everybody,

Very sorry to ask here.. i didn't read all the 394 pages of this thread so peharps this question has already an answer...
I am very interesseted about the R6 Pro (but the answer will be the same for R6 i think)
I would like to use it sometimes as a transport dac with my Shure kse1500. In that case, the R6 will be used as dac transport, and will be plug with usb lod on the shure kse dac, so anyone can tell if it is possible ? if it works ?

May 22, 2019 at 6:58 PM Post #5,913 of 6,622
I'm not sure what you mean about the separate settings app vinjeman. The Oreo update wasn't tough at all. It failed the first time i tried so had a look though this thread for any hints about the process and discovered you don't need to install the driver in the first steps of the instructions if you are using Windows 10. So i uninstalled the driver and allowed Windows to install it's own driver for the R6 and it then updated fine. So for me it's just the app update to fathom out

sorry, it is separate wireless update app that comes on the r6. Only used it once for 1.4g version.
Didn’t mean to deceive.

May 23, 2019 at 6:24 AM Post #5,914 of 6,622
Dear all,

https://1drv.ms/u/s!AtuiwfIBRYFEgbkYmH9ip0mR0MT8iw

If you're having trouble updating the R6 to the latest 1.23 firmware over the air, here's a link to download the OTA update manually--copy the zip file to the R6 and you may go to Wireless Update->the 3 dot menu on the upper right->Manual Update and find and select the zip file for updating.

If you have further difficulties or if you're stuck on a version older than what this updates from, let me know via pm.

Best regards,
Joseph Yeung
HiBy Music

My R6 has firmware version 1.12Beta installed and won't update any further so i'm guessing i need to do a manual local update and found this firmware download. Is it safe to install it and then let the wireless update tool take care of the rest? The reason i ask is because it gives me a warning it will brick the device if it's not the right update

May 23, 2019 at 9:26 AM Post #5,915 of 6,622
Latest R6 Firmware Version?

Hi.
My R6 is on:
*Android 8.1.0,
*Build number 1.12G Beta,
*HiBy Music AppR 6 International Professional Edition V1. 3.5.

Is my device up-to-date.?

(Wireless updates show it it is, but I've just read of v1.23....)

Thanks!
Charlie

May 23, 2019 at 9:38 AM Post #5,916 of 6,622
I'm not positive but I believe that the firmware being referenced in the quote above is for devices running an older Android version. If your R6 is running Oreo (Android 8) then 1.12GBeta is still the latest.

If I'm wrong, I hope someone will correct me.

May 23, 2019 at 9:57 AM Post #5,917 of 6,622
I'm not positive but I believe that the firmware being referenced in the quote above is for devices running an older Android version. If your R6 is running Oreo (Android 8) then 1.12GBeta is still the latest.

If I'm wrong, I hope someone will correct me.
I think u'r right. I'm at 1.12G android 8.0 but i update by the link above by accident. And now my r6 stuck on the logo start up and seem won't start anymor . Is it brick now???

May 23, 2019 at 11:09 AM Post #5,918 of 6,622
I think u'r right. I'm at 1.12G android 8.0 but i update by the link above by accident. And now my r6 stuck on the logo start up and seem won't start anymor . Is it brick now???
Try a long press on the "Power" button and see if it resets.

May 23, 2019 at 11:10 AM Post #5,919 of 6,622
I'm glad i held off running that firmware above now. Sorry to hear of your problem ttoan91 :worried:

Thanks for your answer Croptop. I'm wondering if the music app should be version 1.3.5 on version 1.12g of the firmware.

The wording of the version on the HiBy and my Samsung Galaxy S4 is different so there could be a clue there. The HiBy says HiBy Music R6 International Professional Edition v1.3.5 and the S4 says HiBy Music V3.2.0 International Build 5500. So maybe they are both current and up to date.

May 23, 2019 at 1:00 PM Post #5,925 of 6,622
Ok i'm just starting to use the R6 and as others have mentioned earlier in this thread the music player really needs an album artist sorting category. It looks like it's been considered a few times too but it doesn't look like it's been added yet

Users who are viewing this thread

Back