HIBY R6 - DAP Dual DAC Balanced Out - Great Reviews and Over 500% Funded @ Indiegogo!
Jul 25, 2018 at 10:35 PM Post #4,096 of 6,628
Did have one issue today at work where it suddenly couldn't "see" the memory card on any app but a quick reboot sorted that.

Same problem encounter, can't find music files (MicroSD), reboot/restart works again.

Back to my previous question unanswered. Can anyone advise me ?

"need to ask about OTG USB-C problem I faced. All this while I am listen from microSD, I try to connect R6 to my MacBook Pro today, there's no prompt of USB OTG message, can't find any in the settings either and I can't see R6's microSD from Finders. "

Jul 26, 2018 at 12:23 AM Post #4,097 of 6,628
A few units need to be returned because of a faulty SD card slot but most issues here relate to other problems:
1. Need to install MTP drivers on the Mac
2. Need to activate file transfer mode on the R6 in the first place
3. Some units seemingly exhibiting a disconnection in file transfer after a set period or set amount of data transferred--we are still trying to reproduce this problem
Dear @Joe Bloggs , I am Mac user, is there any link to MTP drivers? Can't access R6's MicroSD folder when I connect to my MacBookPro.

Is the USB OTG works after MTP drivers installed?

Jul 26, 2018 at 12:46 AM Post #4,098 of 6,628
Same problem encounter, can't find music files (MicroSD), reboot/restart works again.

Back to my previous question unanswered. Can anyone advise me ?

"need to ask about OTG USB-C problem I faced. All this while I am listen from microSD, I try to connect R6 to my MacBook Pro today, there's no prompt of USB OTG message, can't find any in the settings either and I can't see R6's microSD from Finders. "

I don’t believe you can access the SD card directly through your Mac. I use the Pro version of Commander One which will see the R6>SD card once “Use for file transfer” is enabled by pulling down from the top of the R6 screen. Otherwise there’s also a free app called Android Transfer, or something like that.

HTH

Jul 26, 2018 at 1:08 AM Post #4,099 of 6,628
I don’t believe you can access the SD card directly through your Mac. I use the Pro version of Commander One which will see the R6>SD card once “Use for file transfer” is enabled by pulling down from the top of the R6 screen. Otherwise there’s also a free app called Android Transfer, or something like that.

HTH

Android transfer works well and is easy to use and free.

When I added music to my SD card i just formatted the card on the Hiby then inserted the card directly in my mac. Drag and drop what you want on the disk and run scan when you insert it in the Hiby. Works perfectly for me.

Jul 26, 2018 at 2:21 AM Post #4,100 of 6,628

HTH

Thanks, will try this new app (try to limit qty of apps to ensure smooth operation of R6 and maximize its internal storage/memory)

Android transfer works well and is easy to use and free.

When I added music to my SD card i just formatted the card on the Hiby then inserted the card directly in my mac. Drag and drop what you want on the disk and run scan when you insert it in the Hiby. Works perfectly for me.

Ya i understand, usually I remove/reinsert SD card slot whenever I want to remove/add songs. Two days ago, I was trying to do it in lazy way (can't find my pin :D) to remove slot... and encounter this problem.

Have anyone of you try to listen R6 from your Mac or PC via USB OTG ?

Jul 26, 2018 at 3:00 AM Post #4,101 of 6,628
Hmmm, I've had a similar issue twice this week where the R6 suddenly couldn't "see" the memory card, and suggested it was corrupt! I knew this was nonsense; as I'd been accessing it moments beforehand. As suggested, I performed a simple reboot and it reappeared. Weird though?!
Same issue with me (SanDisk Ultra 128Gb). Another MicroSD 16Gb working fine with R6, but same SanDisk Ultra 128Gb was used for music storage over the month inserted into MacBook without any problem.

Jul 26, 2018 at 4:38 AM Post #4,103 of 6,628
Have listened using R6 as a DAC via USB with Mac (Audirvana/Fidelia Apps) - all is Ok, no need drivers as usual (a love Mac for that :wink: )
Thanks for confirmation. But how do you do that? There is no sound output for R6, only shown internal speaker at Sound Setting. I am trying to play my music from iTunes or Spotify to R6, but there's no sound. Only 'Charging' shown in R6 ... Previously when I plug in my Fiio X5III, there's pull down menu to choose USB DAC mode, but what about R6?

Jul 26, 2018 at 4:55 AM Post #4,104 of 6,628
Thanks for confirmation. But how do you do that? There is no sound output for R6, only shown internal speaker at Sound Setting. I am trying to play my music from iTunes or Spotify to R6, but there's no sound. Only 'Charging' shown in R6 ... Previously when I plug in my Fiio X5III, there's pull down menu to choose USB DAC mode, but what about R6?
Have you chosen usb-dac option in R6?
It does have 3 options:
-Charging
-Usb-dac
-File Transfer

Jul 26, 2018 at 4:58 AM Post #4,105 of 6,628
Have you chosen usb-dac option in R6?
It does have 3 options:
-Charging
-Usb-dac
-File Transfer
Where can I find this menu/option? I have been searching under Settings, can't find them. Currently my R6 is at home.

Jul 26, 2018 at 9:19 AM Post #4,107 of 6,628
Movie is worth a thousand words...

LOL ! No, movie speaks millions words. Picture tells thousand words . :D

Got it finally with many thanks.

Wonder why I didn't see USB option when i pull down from top , loose connection must be ...

Last edited:
Jul 26, 2018 at 11:44 AM Post #4,108 of 6,628
Well, I’ve spent a few hours running through some tracks on my R6, with my new Empire Ears Hermes VIs - using the stock cable with a SE connection. But I must say, in terms of; pure resolution, detail retrieval, layering, and general air in the music: just WOW! These are a genuine step up from my UM PRO 50s - which I always liked. Definitely the serious aural improvement that I was hoping for though.

The one thing I will add is the overall balance of the sound signature feels a little bass-light, and treble forward - I’m guessing it’s mostly an impedance issue? The impedance rating on the Hermes VI is only 17 ohms, I believe. One thing I intend on doing is adding an Ares II 8-wire into the equation. Mainly because I want to get the most out of the R6 using a balanced connection. But I may have to add an iEmatch too...

Anyone with either first-hand experience of this manifestation of a treble-forward signature, or a combination of similar components would be greatly appreciated. Any thoughts?

Jul 28, 2018 at 4:08 AM Post #4,109 of 6,628
... . As suggested, I performed a simple reboot and it reappeared. Weird though?!
I remember this happening with SD cards in my phones before too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back