HIBY R6 - DAP Dual DAC Balanced Out - Great Reviews and Over 500% Funded @ Indiegogo!
Jun 13, 2018 at 7:45 PM Post #3,796 of 6,628
Thanks for all your feedback.

Another of my concern is will the high output impedance affecting the low impedance high sensitivity IEM? any problem with the pairing of these combo on sound signature ?

I haven't had an issue with all my headphones and IEMs. The triple fi was the only one that was slightly affected, some of the low end was dropped a little, mids were brought slightly forward. It changes the sound signature a little but I ended up liking it anyway. I've read that mostly the multi driver iems would be more affected. Hence, my triple fi was affected.

Here's what I got:
UE Triple Fi
Meelectronics A151p
Elecom h1000
Sennheiser HD430
Sennheiser HD540
Audeze LCD-2

Jun 14, 2018 at 10:00 AM Post #3,797 of 6,628
Thanks for all your feedback.

Another of my concern is will the high output impedance affecting the low impedance high sensitivity IEM? any problem with the pairing of these combo on sound signature ?

Definitely. I would advise you to purchase iFi iEMatch if you plan on using low impedance, high sensitivity IEMs.

Jun 14, 2018 at 12:21 PM Post #3,798 of 6,628
No it's all disabled it only happens in usb coaxial il fine.

Hey do you still experience those crazzy pops and cracks via usb output to dac?

I know hiby app has a setting that allow hiby to bypass android usb audio. Maybe u need to find that feature somewhere in the settings?

Jun 15, 2018 at 3:44 AM Post #3,800 of 6,628
For anyone interested i’m selling my stainless steel R6 on classifieds. Feel free to contact me with any questions.

Jun 15, 2018 at 10:55 AM Post #3,802 of 6,628
I haven't had an issue with all my headphones and IEMs. The triple fi was the only one that was slightly affected, some of the low end was dropped a little, mids were brought slightly forward. It changes the sound signature a little but I ended up liking it anyway. I've read that mostly the multi driver iems would be more affected. Hence, my triple fi was affected.

Here's what I got:
UE Triple Fi
Meelectronics A151p
Elecom h1000
Sennheiser HD430
Sennheiser HD540
Audeze LCD-2
Thanks for your clarification on the above IEMs

Today I have a chance auditioning demo R6 pairing my IEMs and headphone ,
1) Shure SE215 - fantastic pleasant and balanced (could be flat from impedance vs. frequency graph)
2) LZ A4 and Fiio FOR - sound brighter at 5kHz
3) ATH M50X and HD 598 - not affecting by the 10 Ω OI

At the end , without much hesitation, grab this R6. Hope it will serve me well .

IMG_20180615_184516_777.jpg

Jun 15, 2018 at 11:43 AM Post #3,803 of 6,628
R6 is frozen. Screen wont turn on but unit is powered on. I cant find an online manual for the unit and my user manual at home is in Chinese, I believe. How in the heck can I force a shutdown or restart on this thing using button presses?

Jun 16, 2018 at 1:23 PM Post #3,808 of 6,628
There was also an english quick start guide. Joe mentionned it when I was struggling with the spdif adapter from another device, IIRC. We are so used to find no english guide with chinese devices

Any idea or linky where said guide might reside? I have had no success finding one on Hiby site.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back