HIBY R6 - DAP Dual DAC Balanced Out - Great Reviews and Over 500% Funded @ Indiegogo!
Jun 12, 2018 at 7:35 PM Post #3,781 of 6,628
I feel your pain. I didn't read how your files are organized on your card. Mine are by artist, subfolders for albums, and then songs, along with artwork (a pdf or sometimes folder.jpg). All three of my DAPs seem happy with that arrangement.

Your situation might be simply a defect. Does your R6 even see the card? Sorry for not reading all your previous posts on this issue.

i use the same way for the file arrangement like you. artist then subfolder with the album. at the beginning, it works without problem, but just until recently, it can't view by folder.

Have you tried a different app to play music such as power amp or neutron to see if that helps?

Tried with Neutron free player, it able to show by folder option but not hiby

Jun 12, 2018 at 7:53 PM Post #3,782 of 6,628
That WIFI issue David... I bought mine mainly for streaming from my NAS and the unit I received is pretty much unusable, at least for the intended use.
Mine is a stainless steel, if that means anything. I can stream from my NAS, Both MP3 and flac, but I am in the same room as my router, about 20 feet away. Except the occasional glitchy start when I change folders, it works fine. I do notice that even close to the router the signal strength meter never seems to go above half way, if I'm reading it right.

Jun 12, 2018 at 10:58 PM Post #3,783 of 6,628
Had mine for awhile now and i couldn't be happier, it goes everywhere i go. Where ive been using it the most is in the car, and man never heard those speakers sound so good. Ive had a couple software issues i worked through no big deal, gets a little hot no biggy, not all my album art shows woopty do, i can live with that. This has made the music ive been listening to for the past 25 years sound new to me.

Jun 13, 2018 at 4:00 AM Post #3,785 of 6,628
Mine is a stainless steel, if that means anything. I can stream from my NAS, Both MP3 and flac, but I am in the same room as my router, about 20 feet away. Except the occasional glitchy start when I change folders, it works fine. I do notice that even close to the router the signal strength meter never seems to go above half way, if I'm reading it right.

Sounds like how mine responds.
I only really need to update the firmware using the wifi.
If you stand a couple of feet away you will get full bars. Not great.
I get two bars all for around 30 foot in the house.
Bluetooth also limited and drops around 10ft
I think the Ariel's they use for both plus the body and screening of the LCD limit the transmision.

Last edited:
Jun 13, 2018 at 4:27 AM Post #3,786 of 6,628
Interested on R6, few queries below: -

1)how does the sound compares with X5 3G , more neutral? My current X5 3G is sluggish in android mode, due to its SOC and RAM I believe...

2) how good are this R6 pairs with HD 598 and ATH M50x ?

Jun 13, 2018 at 9:02 AM Post #3,788 of 6,628

1)how does the sound compares with X5 3G , more neutral? My current X5 3G is sluggish in android mode, due to its SOC and RAM I believe...

HD598 I can’t comment on but it sounds wonderful with HD650. Plenty of control, not just loud.

Jun 13, 2018 at 11:34 AM Post #3,789 of 6,628

More neutral, less noisy
I will add that compared to X5-III it is MUCH faster and GUI VERY responsive. Screen is WAY nicer (higher resolution and brighter).

Jun 13, 2018 at 11:35 AM Post #3,790 of 6,628
I would like to add that the X5-III seems to have a thicker sound signature when compared to the R6, specifically in the lower-midrange. Also, the bass on the X5-III seems a bit more 'bloomy'.

Jun 13, 2018 at 12:35 PM Post #3,791 of 6,628
So I before I bought my R6 second hand I could have sworn I saw that it had Bi-Directional Bluetooth like the Shanling players and the R3, but now I can't seem to get that to work with HiBy Music on my iPhone and searching now I can't find anything about it. Does anyone know either way if the R6 does have Bi-Directional bluetooth?

Jun 13, 2018 at 1:30 PM Post #3,792 of 6,628
So I before I bought my R6 second hand I could have sworn I saw that it had Bi-Directional Bluetooth like the Shanling players and the R3, but now I can't seem to get that to work with HiBy Music on my iPhone and searching now I can't find anything about it. Does anyone know either way if the R6 does have Bi-Directional bluetooth?

Do you know if you have latest firmware? I believe it wasn't active until the last firmware update.

Jun 13, 2018 at 7:31 PM Post #3,795 of 6,628
Thanks for all your feedback.

Another of my concern is will the high output impedance affecting the low impedance high sensitivity IEM? any problem with the pairing of these combo on sound signature ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back