HIBY R6 - DAP Dual DAC Balanced Out - Great Reviews and Over 500% Funded @ Indiegogo!
May 15, 2018 at 9:44 PM Post #3,168 of 6,628
Anyone else experiencing clicking or popping when first starting up a music app, I've tried several, then it clicks again after exiting said music app,the sound is coming from the player itself when playing through balanced and non, curious if this normal or not. Any info would be great.

Ive experienced this as well. The fiio x7 also does this and from what I’ve read its the dac or amp switching on and off. Cant remember which one exactly.

May 15, 2018 at 9:51 PM Post #3,169 of 6,628
Most DAPs do the clicking thing. Its either the amp relay engaging and disengaging, or the clocks changing when you change between formats or sample rates. Its totally normal. It can be bothersome at first, but over time, you'll get used to it. Someone who has owned other DAPs for a long time that click, wouldn't have even noticed the clicking sound on the R6.

May 15, 2018 at 9:53 PM Post #3,170 of 6,628
I'm using a Samsumg EVo 256 GB. No problems.

Yes, the Tidal thing is annoying. I hope it gets resolved. Tidal has some weird issues - I always get a loud popping sound when switching to tracks not on the current playlist from my PC to a McIntosh D1100. I really do think it is something about the Tidal application, as the signal to the McIntosh drops out, at least according to the McDACs display. I suspect (and this is totally me talking out of my butt here), that when Tidal is buffering, it stops talking to the DAC, so the circuitry in the DAC turns off, causing static, then another burst of static when the signal from Tidal cuts back on. I hear very similar behavior from Tidal on the Hiby.
wondering if you figured out if the popping sound you where experiencing was coming from the player itself, if so im having the same issue. Everytime i start a music app and hit play i get a clicking sound, only right when it starts , its fine until i restart the app tried a few poweramp, hiby, foobar. Im just wondering if its normal or what just need some insight here, pm'd joe just waiting on response. Crossing my fingers its not defective.

May 15, 2018 at 10:01 PM Post #3,171 of 6,628
Most DAPs do the clicking thing. Its either the amp relay engaging and disengaging, or the clocks changing when you change between formats or sample rates. Its totally normal. It can be bothersome at first, but over time, you'll get used to it. Someone who has owned other DAPs for a long time that click, wouldn't have even noticed the clicking sound on the R6.
Thanks for the info just put me at eaze big time, ya first dap and when i heard that i thought the worse. This r6 is a beast tho so happy with it, so glad i took the chance and backed it. Thx again for the heads up ¥¥

May 16, 2018 at 3:10 AM Post #3,174 of 6,628
I think that "clicks" are relay switching. When you stop playback they click too.

Yep theres two large relays on the pcb in between the headphone outputs
My unit also came shabbily packed, but luckily packaging inside was sufficiently protective.

My SS unit has a consistent finish all round. Somewhat shiny.

My unit plays albums in track order. But I tend to name files 01 xxx 02 xxx etc.

I bought the Miter case, which is ok but too tight for my purposes. No chance of the unit falling out. That's for sure.

Regarding the screen covers: were they not clear after removing the adhesive backing?

I was expecting it to be a bit more shiny but I guess the brushed satin is what it is.

I found the settings for album/numbered tracks . It was originally set for all track aplha on the artist section.

Not keen on the Miter case. I dont like the stand section but the rest looks good.

I pulled off the stock screen saver by mistake. then had problem sticking the others on due to the curved edges. They are really deep curves.

May 16, 2018 at 6:54 AM Post #3,177 of 6,628
Hi. Don't shout to our poor ears. If customs detain it it seems to me usual that the buyer has to contact them. Not Hiby's fault, especially as they tried to moderate taxes for us final customers.

I have never had to clear anything myself that has been sent by a courier service (ie. FedEx/DHL/Aramex). Honestly, I don't even know which depot it is at, and if you have any idea how things are done in Malaysia, these things aren't exactly transparent.

This is extremely distressing, given that we have all waited patiently through the delays... I just don't have the time to go clear things, especially something as small as an R6, myself. This is a complete cock-up.

May 16, 2018 at 7:07 AM Post #3,179 of 6,628
I feel sorry for you but it's probably just a delay. But you're right I don't know how it is handled in Malaysia. Pass the info you collect for other people to know better.

Each of us should remember that Hiby seems to be a small team, probably still in the learning process about how to process better worldwide...

I have never had to clear anything myself that has been sent by a courier service (ie. FedEx/DHL/Aramex).

That's the difference with the big names (DHL and others), they fill in the (customs) papers themselves, and make you pay for the service. Sometimes you are even charged when they have declared nothing (hey there, F*d*x and the likes). With them, you are sure to be liable to pay for imported goods. If the local postal service fills in the papers for the customs, it's slower.
But why customs in Malaysia for a DAP that we recieved . .. sent from Malaysia ?

Last edited:
May 16, 2018 at 7:38 AM Post #3,180 of 6,628
To be clear, I have absolutely no issue paying tax/service fees/whatever. This is a toy, this is my hobby, I don't want to, nor have the time to wade through the bureaucracy of a Malaysian government department. I want to receive it, stick some music in it, and enjoy myself.

It rankles me especially, because it seems like the majority of you here all received it via FedEx/DHL, and sure, you guys whined about having to pay service fees or whatever, but at least you had the R6 delivered to your doorstep and it is now in your hands.

Mine? In some warehouse somewhere and no one seems to know what to do with it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back