HIBY R6 - DAP Dual DAC Balanced Out - Great Reviews and Over 500% Funded @ Indiegogo!
May 15, 2018 at 1:17 PM Post #3,151 of 6,628
Mine arrived today. Charging it now. It's a stunning looking device in ss.

May 15, 2018 at 3:35 PM Post #3,152 of 6,628
Had a quick mess about. Sounds amazing plus Wi-Fi on mine works very quickly. Downloaded playlists on Spotify as quickly as my phone

May 15, 2018 at 3:40 PM Post #3,153 of 6,628
Backer #1269, recieved my grey alu today.
Very impressed with what Hiby has created altough I found a QC-issue with mine, the screen has a "shadow" (dust beneath the glass?) just above where the Android home button sits.
Nothing that really inhibits use, just slightly annoying.

Otherwise I'm fairly impressed how well the R6 drives my HD800S, better than "servicable" IMHO! I still prefer the IFI micro iDSD BL (for the HD800S) but when I'm in the mood for a lazy day around the house this will serve me just fine :D

Hasn't had time to compare the R6 to the X7 mk2 yet but from a straight up usage perspective, this thing blows the Fiio out of the water ... Count me in to the crowd of happy campers.

Last edited:
May 15, 2018 at 4:08 PM Post #3,155 of 6,628
Mine seems ok. Works fine a few rooms away from the hub

May 15, 2018 at 4:11 PM Post #3,156 of 6,628
The more I listen the better it gets.

The MSEB is subtle. found that double pressing the bars resets to zero

Album art is a problemo on the Hiby app.

Ive used perfecttunes to sync all and still issues

Looks like it fails to show album art for track one of an album.

also in album view some show some dont?

Last edited:
May 15, 2018 at 4:36 PM Post #3,157 of 6,628
Got mine finally. Sounds great on Brainwavz B400, HiFiMan HE4xx, and NuForce HEM6. No issues so far. Listened while mowing the lawn today. Still got WiFi out there (couple of bars). It was 75 degrees and it got warm, but not too hot. Quite satisfied all in all.
20180515_162149.jpg

May 15, 2018 at 5:47 PM Post #3,159 of 6,628
This Hiby app is mad.... It's adding album art thats missing? and picking random stuff which has nothing to do with the album but the name.

I mean Kelis Brave for Marrilion Brave :) this really sucks.

How the hell do I clear this.

Wheres the Hiby rep? help

May 15, 2018 at 6:17 PM Post #3,160 of 6,628
Got mine too.

It’s has the same qualities as my V20 but with a slightly smoother relaxed upper mid range. Vocals are full and naturally placed.

I’m not too gone on the slightly emphasised sub bass, but its okay I guess. Still punchy enough.

Treble isn’t boosted nor is it recessed or relaxed, it’s nicely present and smooth. I’d probably like a hint more air at the very top as it’s a little heavier than my V20 up there, but it’s definitely not lacking in treble clarity one bit, very crisp.

Extremely good build and UI. Great sound especially for anyone looking for a smoother more lush tonality, without any ‘darkness’.

I just stuck spotify and a youtube alternative (with background playback) and they work a charm. Brilliant!

May 15, 2018 at 9:03 PM Post #3,162 of 6,628
Is there a place to download firmware update files?
I'll take a look tomorrow and let you know, but there is a menu item within settings that will use wifi to check for firmware updates. My unit was apparently up to date.

May 15, 2018 at 9:10 PM Post #3,163 of 6,628
Just got mine Yeaahhhh...

It's been rattling around the box as no buble wrap to protect it and its mashed up the leather case a bit.
That was in the box ratting about too.

Played for about an hour or two.

My SS is a bit matt in finish? the bottom section looks nice and shiny smooth but the sides are matt and sort of dull. Anyone else noticed this on theirs?

Having problems getting my head round this Hiby music app.
Just playing Albums in numerical sequence seems to be a chore. Any help on setting this up would be great. i'll probably get there but its spoiling the fun.

Poweramp DVC is not working and muting the sound so not running correctly.
Neutron works great out of the box.

Both of them play albums as i want in numerical order.

I've two low priced earphones both Fiio as I matched my sold off x5iii a week ago.
FH1 and F9 pro.
The F9 pro sounded too hi pitched on the Fiio x5iii but the FH1 sounded just great.

This Hiby R6 is a lot warmer and make the f9 pro's sound great so I've gone back to those.

I've opted for the gel case.

The supplied screen covers are not very clear. Anyone know of any that are for sale and better.
My unit also came shabbily packed, but luckily packaging inside was sufficiently protective.

My SS unit has a consistent finish all round. Somewhat shiny.

My unit plays albums in track order. But I tend to name files 01 xxx 02 xxx etc.

I bought the Miter case, which is ok but too tight for my purposes. No chance of the unit falling out. That's for sure.

Regarding the screen covers: were they not clear after removing the adhesive backing?

May 15, 2018 at 9:12 PM Post #3,164 of 6,628
I was just listening to some music, and I noticed a notification that said the MicroSD was in the process of ejecting. I waited and after a while, the player told me the MicroSD was corrupted. I noticed this happened after adjusting the volume using the physical buttons. It's possible it is a hardware issue, but it could also be coincidence.

I turned the player off, removed the MicroSD, and plugged it into my computer where it prompted to to a disk scan. After doing this, Windows reported that there were no errors. I put the MicroSD back in, turned the player on, and it detected the MicroSD properly.

EDIT: I've done some fiddling around, and it seems that I've been able to consistently reproduce this issue. I don't think it's a hardware issue. When not playing music for a while, the player goes into a sleep mode (power button light turns off). If the player is woken up and the volume is lowered using the button while the screen is on, the MicroSD icon briefly appears in the notification tray.

If the player is woken up, the music is unpaused (order irrelevant), and the volume is lowered using the button while the screen is on, the MicroSD icon appears for longer, resulting in either Android flagging the MicroSD as corrupt (remedied by restarting) or the MicroSD correctly being remounted. I've noticed that this happens when using Neutron or using Hiby Music, so it is probably not app dependent. I've noticed this happen with 2.5mm output, 3.5mm output, and no connected output.

So I went and tried reproducing this issue with an old 2GB Sandisk MicroSD, and I can't seem to reproduce the issue on this card. I think this problem might be affected by either the size or the type of card in the slot.

I went and replaced the 200GB Sandisk MicroSD with a 256GB Samsung MicroSD, and it seems like the problem is no longer present.

In any case, quite a strange issue.. I'm glad I won't have to deal with it anymore. Now I can enjoy this lovely, beautiful player :)

May 15, 2018 at 9:12 PM Post #3,165 of 6,628
Got mine too.

It’s has the same qualities as my V20 but with a slightly smoother relaxed upper mid range. Vocals are full and naturally placed.

Just curious: what is the V20?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back