HIBY R6 - DAP Dual DAC Balanced Out - Great Reviews and Over 500% Funded @ Indiegogo!
May 1, 2018 at 4:38 AM Post #2,839 of 6,628
@okthxbye Great news for you, unfortunately, that's not the case for many of us even when adding cover.jpg / cover.png, clearing cache, rescanning, etc....if you don't beleive me, head over to the Facebook "Hiby User Group" if you're a member.
I spent some time looking at the problem and I have to confirm I have no issues at all. Check out this recording I made of my albums on my R6:

https://streamable.com/cq9i8

Looks great, doesn't it? That's because it works!

What I did:
  • using Tag&Rename / MP3Tag, I basically stripped all audio files of their embedded album art and I removed all image files from their folders.
  • I collected high resolution cover files (best quality/highest resolution as I could find, using Google image search, or www.albumartexchange.com)
  • I saved these files as "cover.jpg" or "cover.png" in the respective album folders. Note! "cover.jpeg" doesn't work, so rename that to "cover.jpg"
  • I added each file to the album folder and made sure to not include embedded album art.
Please try this and let me know if it works for you.

Last edited:
May 1, 2018 at 8:33 AM Post #2,842 of 6,628
SS Order 774 Ordered Feb 1st.....No Email, No Update.......and No reply to any emails i send??????
You and I are in exactly the same situation. Let’s stay in touch and hope for good news. #777

May 1, 2018 at 3:27 PM Post #2,844 of 6,628
Hiby R6 and Beyerdynamic Amiron Home :)

DcIkKSZW4AEhfIC.jpg:large

May 2, 2018 at 4:07 PM Post #2,849 of 6,628
It was mentioned they were in the process of using a larger manufacturer.
But this needed a larger order to setup. Plus they were sourcing parts.

The kickstarter has not been cleared yet so cant be run yet.

It's a hard position to be in as they are inching into large production for a global roll out.

Not sure if Indiegogo was enough capital to gear that up. Maybe it was?

As for the delay in any answers regarding the final shipment of the indigogo orders.

Its either in progress as we speak or on hold due to a problems of one or the other.

A confirmation from Hiby would be nice.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back