HIBY R6 - DAP Dual DAC Balanced Out - Great Reviews and Over 500% Funded @ Indiegogo!
Jan 23, 2018 at 7:19 AM Post #1,006 of 6,628
Hello Zachik,

Are you clairvoyant? :frowning2:

We have decided to hold off shipping any R6's for this week, because of a perceived design flaw:
The light from the LCD screen backlight leaks, not onto the screen, but out from the headphone ports, USB port and such.
We thought it'd be a "call it a feature thing"--hey look! I can use my R6 as a laser pointer too! (exaggerating)
But we have had several returns in the Chinese market with this cited as the reason and we can't take this risk internationally. :frowning2:

In other news, I will be attending NAMM and related activities from now until the end of this month so replies here may be sporadic. But I'll let you guys know when we get the leak fixed and the units start shipping! :)

This is totally the correct decision! Glad that you put quality over getting the product in to your customers hands and letting them down with poor standards!

Jan 23, 2018 at 8:40 AM Post #1,008 of 6,628
I ask myself a question and those who have the review unit.. Is the light leak not that obvious or is it.. You guys are observant enough to notice this if it was a problem?

Jan 23, 2018 at 10:14 AM Post #1,009 of 6,628
I ask myself a question and those who have the review unit. Is the light leak not that obvious or is it. You guys are observant enough to notice this if it was a problem?

Review units may not have this issue. Maybe it's the result of mass production and quality assurance. It's easier to made few units and inspect them than few hundreds :wink:
Anyway good move from HiBy. I've had enough of beta version products :)

Jan 23, 2018 at 4:30 PM Post #1,012 of 6,628
My finger is almost on the trigger to order this awesome piece of craftmanship....

The only thing i am worried about is the power output. 120mw @ 32 ohm. Must I??

Even the Cayin N3 (though it's only 10mw)has more power than this unit.

Last edited:
Jan 23, 2018 at 4:38 PM Post #1,014 of 6,628
120mw @32ohm + 10phm output impedance makes it rather limited in terms of headphones matching. It's not for everyone.

What do you think??

Audeze Sine?? Which is hard to calculate... No sensitivity mentioned... They say 500mw??at?...

Sine specs:

Maximum power handling 6W
Maximum SPL >120dB
Frequency response 10Hz – 50kHz
Total harmonic distortion <1% full spectrum @ 100dB
Impedance 20 ohms
Optimal power requirement 500mW – 1W
Weight 300g

For me strange specifications because they sell these as mobile headphones.

Further more

Takstar pro82
KZ ZS5, ZS3, ZSE?

Most "worried" about the Sine.

And what about DTS encoding?

Last edited:
Jan 23, 2018 at 5:28 PM Post #1,015 of 6,628
My finger is almost on the trigger to order this awesome piece of craftmanship....

The only thing i am worried about is the power output. 120mw @ 32 ohm. Must I??

Even the Cayin N3 (though it's only 10mw)has more power than this unit.
Go balanced. 300mw at 32 ohms should be decent for many ‘phones.

Jan 24, 2018 at 3:45 AM Post #1,018 of 6,628
Odd that none of the reviewers mentioned any kind of light leak coming out the R6...not one.

Probably because none of the reviewing units have any light leaks. They are not part of that production batch, they are sample units done on small scale before.

Jan 24, 2018 at 3:55 AM Post #1,019 of 6,628
Probably because none of the reviewing units have any light leaks. They are not part of that production batch, they are sample units done on small scale before.

So review units have better QC than the final production version? Kinda backwards.
Seems like checking for light leaks is part of a basic quality control check.

No matter, glad it's being dealt with.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back