HIBY R6 - DAP Dual DAC Balanced Out - Great Reviews and Over 500% Funded @ Indiegogo!
Aug 9, 2018 at 4:52 AM Post #4,156 of 6,622
I ordered iematch but not iematch 2.5, was told iematch is auto convert balanced/single ended as its TSRR?
I dont think you can convert 3.5 to balanced 2.5
Balanced 2.5 iematch costs more...

Thanks for your insight on sound difference. What's is welder or do you mean wider?
I mean arc welder or welding machine))

Aug 9, 2018 at 10:10 AM Post #4,157 of 6,622
Hi folks
help needed trying to up latest wireless update but R6 keep stopping and says resume, i factory reset hoping it would solve the problem but no good
regards
Danny
Software update.

Ver. 1.25G_20180802-1523
Release date August 8, 2018

1. Added sorting mode setting in HiByMusic
2. Added Bluetooth connection for HiByLink Server in HiByMusic
3. Fixed output failure of Tidal USB Audio
4. Fixed output failure of Apple Music v2.5
5, Fixed other known bugs

Hi folks
help needed trying to up latest wireless update but R6 keep stopping and says resume, i factory reset hoping it would solve the problem but no good
regards
Danny

Aug 10, 2018 at 5:44 AM Post #4,158 of 6,622
Hi all, I need some help. Been running in the R6 for the last couple of days. I bought a 400gb micro sd card. I intend to use this mainly for my offline listening. In order for me to store the Spotify and Tidal tracks onto the micro SD card, i did not select any of the options (internal storage or removable storage) when the card was inserted. I managed to successfully store Tidal tracks onto the SD card.
However, when I connect the R6 to my PC, my PC cannot see any storage. It did recognise R6 as connected but there's no access to the SD card. I'm not sure if this is a R6 issue or a generic Android issue (I'm more of an iOS user). Do I have to do anything in the settings menu of the R6 to allow access to the PC? Typically the iOS will prompt but I didn't get any in R6.

Looking for help please.

Aug 10, 2018 at 7:32 AM Post #4,160 of 6,622
Hi all, I need some help. Been running in the R6 for the last couple of days. I bought a 400gb micro sd card. I intend to use this mainly for my offline listening. In order for me to store the Spotify and Tidal tracks onto the micro SD card, i did not select any of the options (internal storage or removable storage) when the card was inserted. I managed to successfully store Tidal tracks onto the SD card.
However, when I connect the R6 to my PC, my PC cannot see any storage. It did recognise R6 as connected but there's no access to the SD card. I'm not sure if this is a R6 issue or a generic Android issue (I'm more of an iOS user). Do I have to do anything in the settings menu of the R6 to allow access to the PC? Typically the iOS will prompt but I didn't get any in R6.

Looking for help please.
Hi There
it might be that you sd card is to big hiby only rec-emends 200g you also need to select removable storage for the Pc to see it hope this is of some help to you.
t: 14410685, member: 494243"]Got new firmware update.[/QUOTE]

Aug 10, 2018 at 8:25 AM Post #4,161 of 6,622
I apologize if this has been discussed already but how will the r6 affect the sound of campfire Orion’s given the impedance issue. I like everything about the r6 except I am worried about the sound. It seemed to lack bass when I tried a friends. I tried the ifi match but that seemed to veil the sound a little. Is there a better option for a good but reasonably priced dac that allows offline tidal?
Thanks

Aug 10, 2018 at 9:17 AM Post #4,162 of 6,622
Hi There
it might be that you sd card is to big hiby only rec-emends 200g you also need to select removable storage for the Pc to see it hope this is of some help to you.
t: 14410685, member: 494243"]Got new firmware update.
[/QUOTE]
Thanks Danny.

If I were to select removable storage, will I be able to store Tidal onto the SD card? I did select internal storage earlier for a 200GB card and Tidal did not recognise this.

Aug 10, 2018 at 9:19 AM Post #4,163 of 6,622

Looking for help please.

400 gb cards work fine in the R6 and R3, I'd check your cable and try the card in a card reader.

Aug 10, 2018 at 10:51 AM Post #4,164 of 6,622
Okay, anyone get an error 'file not found' while playing songs randomly? Been getting that ever since I updated the firmware.

EDIT: Now it says my SD card is unsupported???

EDIT 2: Okay, it seems to be going to 'SD not supported' to normal constantly. When it goes to 'SD not supported' is when my music stops playing and I get 'File not found'. Anyone else experiencing this issue?

Last edited:
Aug 10, 2018 at 11:25 AM Post #4,165 of 6,622
400 gb cards work fine in the R6 and R3, I'd check your cable and try the card in a card reader.
I second that - 400GB card in my R6, and works perfectly fine!

Aug 10, 2018 at 4:11 PM Post #4,166 of 6,622
Okay, anyone get an error 'file not found' while playing songs randomly? Been getting that ever since I updated the firmware.

EDIT: Now it says my SD card is unsupported???

EDIT 2: Okay, it seems to be going to 'SD not supported' to normal constantly. When it goes to 'SD not supported' is when my music stops playing and I get 'File not found'. Anyone else experiencing this issue?

Had it a couple of times, a quick reboot will fix it.

Aug 10, 2018 at 7:59 PM Post #4,168 of 6,622
Problem still persists after rebooting though. :frowning2: Thanks for the suggestion though.

EDIT: I think my memory slot might be having some issues, keeps attempting to eject the SD card now.
Some people here with similar symptoms found it was a defective card. And one report here warned of counterfeit cards. So you might want to try another card and see if that clears things up.

Aug 11, 2018 at 3:04 AM Post #4,169 of 6,622
Some people here with similar symptoms found it was a defective card. And one report here warned of counterfeit cards. So you might want to try another card and see if that clears things up.

Thing is, the card was working perfectly fine before I updated the firmware, so I doubt that that's the problem.

EDIT: Got a prompt to re-format the SD card so I did and all seems to be good now. Idk what caused the card to get corrupted during the firmware update.

Last edited:
Aug 11, 2018 at 10:53 AM Post #4,170 of 6,622
Hi guys, I was told that I need to enable developer options to use USB DAC mode. How do I do that once I'm on the Developer options screen?

I don't think you need to enable developer options to use the USB DAC mode. Actually, there are some instructions can be found in the User Guide/Manual. First connect the R6 to your computer with the USB data/charging cable. After connecting the R6 to your computer, use your finger to slide down from the top of the display (screen) to pull down the status / notification shade, which will show 3 options:
- Charging
- File transfers
- USB DAC.

Tap the USB DAC if you want to use the USB DAC mode.

Hope this help.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back