HIBY R6 - DAP Dual DAC Balanced Out - Great Reviews and Over 500% Funded @ Indiegogo!
Apr 10, 2018 at 7:38 PM Post #2,551 of 6,622
Was wondering if anyone knew about battery usage. I was getting about 8 hours of use before I installed a 200 gig flash drive. Now after installing the drive, I'm getting about 3--4 hours. Is that a thing?
I usually see no change with adding a microSD card to any device. So would not expect one to reduce battery life on the R6. Something strange is going on..

Have you tried removing and reseating the microSD card? Removing and then checking battery life (and seeing it increase) would help "prove" the memory card is reducing the battery life?
Re-Inserting it and then seeing battery life drop off a second time would then pretty much say it's the card for some reason. Still seems very strange to me.

Others report better battery life.

Last edited:
Apr 10, 2018 at 9:26 PM Post #2,552 of 6,622
I usually see no change with adding a microSD card to any device. So would not expect one to reduce battery life on the R6. Something strange is going on..

Have you tried removing and reseating the microSD card? Removing and then checking battery life (and seeing it increase) would help "prove" the memory card is reducing the battery life?
Re-Inserting it and then seeing battery life drop off a second time would then pretty much say it's the card for some reason. Still seems very strange to me.

Others report better battery life.

Interesting Cactus Pete. I'll try taking the SD card out. I did notice when I put the card in for the first time it asked me after I formatted it if I wanted to transfer my files on the internal drive to the new card. I said yes, and then for some reason the internal storage drive was missing under the R6 drive.

Apr 11, 2018 at 3:05 AM Post #2,553 of 6,622
Was wondering if anyone knew about battery usage. I was getting about 8 hours of use before I installed a 200 gig flash drive. Now after installing the drive, I'm getting about 3--4 hours. Is that a thing?

It looks like an android bug I had on my phone where the phone was scanning non stop my sd card resulting in a battery drain.

You should try reset/format the r6 and compare.

Apr 11, 2018 at 9:29 AM Post #2,558 of 6,622
I should format my sd card to wat format? yet to receive the player but wan to transfer the song into sd card first
Just do it from the R6, let it decide what it wants. If you intend to join internal and external memory, you'll have to do so anyway.
Put the microSD card in the DAP, then go to android settings > storage > format (anyway, the first time you put a new card in the device, the R6 will propose to format it).

Last edited:
Apr 11, 2018 at 4:25 PM Post #2,559 of 6,622
I'm not sure if having your Sd card as internal is a good idea.

Yes it bumps up the internal memory but also slows it down.
Also if the SD card has a problem then Apps installed on the SD will be corrupted.

SD cards are more likely to fail if constantly reading and writing to.
If your music is only on the card then your mainly reading only.

I think the 32GB internal is enough for the apps.

Apr 11, 2018 at 9:16 PM Post #2,560 of 6,622
Anyone here could shed light on a concern that’s just been raised to me about the output impendance?

I was chatting on the ifi iematch thread asking about pairing it with the R6 and my 16-32 ohm dynamic driver earbuds, but appearantly the frequency response can still be affected regardless of using the iematch or not?

Anybody has experience with low impendance dynamic earbuds that is using the IEmatch? or just using them with the DAP alone?

Should I be concerned at all? I’m going to be using this atleast 80% for earbuds so it’s quite important the frequency response is not effected by this dap.

Apr 11, 2018 at 10:00 PM Post #2,561 of 6,622
Anyone here could shed light on a concern that’s just been raised to me about the output impendance?

I was chatting on the ifi iematch thread asking about pairing it with the R6 and my 16-32 ohm dynamic driver earbuds, but appearantly the frequency response can still be affected regardless of using the iematch or not?

Anybody has experience with low impendance dynamic earbuds that is using the IEmatch? or just using them with the DAP alone?

Should I be concerned at all? I’m going to be using this atleast 80% for earbuds so it’s quite important the frequency response is not effected by this dap.

What buds or earphones?

With the ones in your signature, you really shouldn't have that many issues.

BAs tend to be affected more than dynamic by higher output impedance

I can use IE800 just fine with R6, not sure what to look for when you say issues with it :)

Apr 12, 2018 at 11:19 AM Post #2,562 of 6,622
I myself don't have the hiby r6 yet, but I already have the ifi iematch 2.5 (and a 2.5-3.5 adapter, total of about 75 dollars) sitting and ready to go. The way I see it is if you like in ear and intend to continue purchasing new things, it can't hurt to buy it if it isn't breaking the bank.

The r6 is plenty powerful to use the iematch without having noticeable ill effects on sensitive equipment.... So it'll at least let you know what it WOULD sound like without the high output impedance to give you a reference....

What we've been hearing is that on multi BA and hybrid setups, the effects can be unpredictable since impedance is different for each driver and at different frequencies. Some people seem to actually prefer it without the iematch even when there are big changes to the sound signature.

Apr 12, 2018 at 11:58 AM Post #2,563 of 6,622
What buds or earphones?

With the ones in your signature, you really shouldn't have that many issues.

BAs tend to be affected more than dynamic by higher output impedance

I can use IE800 just fine with R6, not sure what to look for when you say issues with it :)
Yeah I researched a little further and it seems my dynamic driver earbuds shouldn’t be affected. May not even need the IFI iematch at all.

The only bud that could be effected is my dual dynamic driver Rose Masya with an impendance of 12ohm. But hopefully that’s not the case.

I can relax now and await my R6 again :D

Apr 12, 2018 at 12:17 PM Post #2,564 of 6,622
I myself don't have the hiby r6 yet,

Just curious. Are you an Indiegogo pre-order? I don't have mine yet (stainless) and was just wondering who else might be in the same boat.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back