HiBy R6 2020 User Impressions
Apr 2, 2023 at 1:41 PM Post #1,921 of 1,971
I'm having an issue with my R6 2020.

It boots up fine and appears to run fine, but when I try to play anything, there is no audio output from any of the jacks, and visually the song seems to be fast-forwarding.

I occasionally use a wifi casting app, and that still works fine. It just seems to be the physical audio outputs.

Any ideas?

Disclaimer: The cat did knock it off the night stand recently. About a 2 foot drop onto carpet. Maybe it damaged some hardware :dizzy_face:

But I'm hoping this is something I can fix within the software.

Apr 2, 2023 at 2:26 PM Post #1,922 of 1,971

It boots up fine and appears to run fine, but when I try to play anything, there is no audio output from any of the jacks, and visually the song seems to be fast-forwarding.

I occasionally use a wifi casting app, and that still works fine. It just seems to be the physical audio outputs.

Any ideas?

Disclaimer: The cat did knock it off the night stand recently. About a 2 foot drop onto carpet. Maybe it damaged some hardware :dizzy_face:

Did you try factory reset ?

Apr 2, 2023 at 6:08 PM Post #1,923 of 1,971

Any ideas?

Try a full reset in Android recovery mode, it worked for me in the past when this happened.

While the device is powered on:
1. Press Power button and select Restart
2. When Restart starts, Press and hold the Skip Prev button (above Play button)

You will enter the screensaver for recovery mode, which looks like an Android lying on its back with its chest open, with the words "No command" underneath.

To enter Android Recovery mode:
1. Press and hold the power button
2. While holding the power button, press the Skip Prev button once again.

In there, use Volume wheel to navigate and power button to select. Run the following:
1. Wipe data/factory reset

Apr 2, 2023 at 9:53 PM Post #1,925 of 1,971
I just tried that, and it seems to be doing the same thing unfortunately.

Thanks for the idea though!

I imagine if that doesn't work, then there's something internally wrong with it that I won't be able to fix.
I sold mine not even after two months of use. I switched to the FiiO M11 Plus ESS and haven't had a SINGLE issue since. I recommend that as a second option because that's what worked for me. Hope that helps.

Apr 27, 2023 at 12:26 AM Post #1,926 of 1,971
Anyone tried out the new firmware yet?

Apr 27, 2023 at 3:10 AM Post #1,928 of 1,971
There’s new firmware?

Edit: updating now…

Edit: successful update. I tried HiBy Cast with my iPad and it works great!
Do we need to install an other app than Hibymusic on the android or OS device?

Apr 27, 2023 at 5:13 AM Post #1,930 of 1,971
I just tried that, and it seems to be doing the same thing unfortunately.

Thanks for the idea though!

I imagine if that doesn't work, then there's something internally wrong with it that I won't be able to fix.
I had a similar issue with mine, although the "bump" that caused it was much milder than a 2-foot drop. It was more like half a foot + the Hiby was in a case.
Anyway, I had a month of grace left so I sent it to Hiby. There's a person called Faye @Hiby who Andrew from MusicTeck recommended I get in touch with. She handled it, you could write her (faye-at-hiby-dot-com). Although with the shipping the process took more than 6 months(!!!), I eventually got my Hiby back fixed!
I'm pretty sure they'll take a look at yours, and even if they won't fix it for free (esp if your warranty period is over by now), they'll fix it for a modest fee, or at the least you can get a hefty discount on another device.
Good luck!

May 2, 2023 at 11:03 AM Post #1,931 of 1,971
When starting today, the boot screen remained black. However, the R6 2020 drove up normally. A fright at noon. When I tried again, I couldn't reproduce the error. May this have something to do with the latest update. Has anyone had a similar experience. Has never done my R6 2020 before. I've been a user from the very beginning... Thank you for your feedback...

May 2, 2023 at 11:04 AM Post #1,932 of 1,971
When starting today, the boot screen remained black. However, the R6 2020 drove up normally. A fright at noon. When I tried again, I couldn't reproduce the error. May this have something to do with the latest update. Has anyone had a similar experience. Has never done my R6 2020 before. I've been a user from the very beginning... Thank you for your feedback...
Had the same experience before the last update

May 3, 2023 at 1:42 AM Post #1,933 of 1,971
No issues with the update so far

May 12, 2023 at 2:07 PM Post #1,934 of 1,971
Hi I need help. Previously I have used hiby rca coacial cable (that's bundled with r6 2020) to USB c with my yamaha receiver. Now after update the USB c to coaxial is not working anymore. Should I have to enable any USB settings for it to work?

May 16, 2023 at 2:03 PM Post #1,935 of 1,971
I just tried mine and it works fine with poweramp and the hiby player. Poweramp: OpenSL output enabled for usb dac, hiby: I didn't change anything for hiby but you can try exclusive hq usb audio access. Also check the android dev settings to see if usb audio routing is disabled.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back