HiBy R6 2020 User Impressions
Feb 5, 2023 at 11:12 AM Post #1,891 of 1,971
Anyone happen to see full specs in English somewhere? Hiby's site doesn't have them. This is the closest I have seen, but per someone else's comments, seems like it's pretty much the same. Interesting that it is $200 cheaper. Seems like if you already have the 2020 addition, there is no need to get this...

Feb 5, 2023 at 11:14 AM Post #1,892 of 1,971
It’s less powerful than R6 2020, R6 gen.3 provide 405mw only from 4.4 output
Looks a R5 gen.2 with newer android 12 and better UI with faster CPU

Last edited:
Feb 5, 2023 at 11:25 AM Post #1,893 of 1,971
HiBy R6III

The first portable player in the series to use Class A amplifier circuit design. Dual ESS9038Q2M decoders, equipped with three independent power supply lines and an upgraded Android 12 system, achieve a higher balance than the previous generation in terms of performance, sound quality, and power consumption.

After various stages of updates such as RS2, R5II, and RS8, HiBy finally launched a brand new body in the mid-range market.

Compared with the previous generation, the internal structure, software, and most important tuning direction have been fully evolved! Starting from the amplifier circuit, R6III (third generation) added Class A/AB amplifier mode switching to the 6 series body for the first time. With the strengthened power supply network, users can get more stable output power and sound details; the processor And the system version has been upgraded, corresponding to the new Android apps in the future, and also paving the way for the new features that HiBy will bring.

feature of product
800x.jpg

Dual ESS9038Q2M decoders - dedicated independent power supply lines
R6III uses a pair of ESS9038Q2M decoders as the main axis. The biggest difference from the previous generation is that the current output mode is changed to the voltage output mode to match the Class A amplifier circuit of R6III. Part of this generation of decoder is directly powered by an independent line, which greatly reduces the mutual interference between hardware and can also give full play to the full performance of this decoder. Compared with the desktop decoder solution, the actual performance is higher and the power consumption is higher. The power is relatively lower; and the saved power, HiBy is placed on the design of the amplifier circuit that has a greater impact on the sound.

800x.jpg

Class A amplifier circuit design
The Class A amplifier structure has the characteristic of maintaining the peak output at all times. Its response speed is excellent and the driving force is very stable. It is the guarantee of sound quality on many desktop computers or high-end portable players. However, its operating efficiency is low, most of the power consumption will be turned into heat, and it is also more sensitive to the quality of power supply, so it is relatively rare in the mid-level player market. The amplifying circuit of R6III is composed of two OPA1652 operational amplifiers, 4 ELNA audio capacitors and 16 hand-matched transistors; the power supply configuration is luxurious and divided into two independent circuits, which are respectively supplied to the filter and amplifying circuit components to ensure the integrity of the entire circuit In each case, there is an adequate and stable power supply. Compared with the previous generation, its tuning pays more attention to the three-frequency texture interpretation and dynamic restoration, which is an obvious improvement that can be heard as soon as you put it on the ear.

800x.jpg

Class A/AB mode switches automatically
Users can switch between Class A/AB working modes to prolong the use time:
Class A: Constant peak output power. The drive is good, the response is fast, and the sound performance is outstanding .
Class AB: Efficient amplification mode, rich in balance between sound performance and battery life .

800x.jpg

Rich decoding and output options
The ESS9038Q2M decoding used by the R6III supports up to DSD512 and 32bit/768kHz files, and also supports the most popular MQA 16x layer expansion. After bypassing the Android SRC restriction with DTA technology, streaming services can also output the highest sound quality!

In terms of analog output, the R6III has independent line output and analog output sockets, providing 3.5mm single-ended and 4.4mm analog outputs respectively.
800x.jpg

Function upgrade - Android 12 added
For the continuously updated Android apps, in addition to upgrading the CPU to Snapdragon 665, the R6III also wrote a dedicated Android 12 system starting from the underlying data. With the removal of unnecessary operating data and the upgraded process of Snapdragon 665, the power consumption and digital interference of the entire system are greatly reduced.

In terms of extended functions, the R6III has pre-installed the HiByCast function when it leaves the factory, allowing you to control it on the phone through mirroring at any time, and match the various input and output options of this body:

• Bluetooth version 5.0, supports two-way Bluetooth connection and many coding standards, such as SBC, aptX-HD, LDAC and so on. Support DLNA connection and Airplay output connection .
  • Type-C can be used as a computer sound card, mobile phone external decoder or coaxial output .
MSEB and new HiByCast mirror control
R6III has HiByCast, a new function of HiBy player, which allows users to wirelessly control various functions of R6III on smartphones in a more intuitive way, including operating streaming apps, playing, and selecting songs, which is more convenient to use.

In addition, R6III also added the MSEB EQ function and plug-in function that are popular with many users. The former is based on a simple interface and description, making it easier for users to adjust the appropriate EQ settings; the latter provides more tuning settings for modifying the underlying data, greatly changing the sound performance of the R6III.

Feb 5, 2023 at 11:27 AM Post #1,894 of 1,971
B3E9ACBA-AD6B-4CF5-801B-CB77079551AB.jpeg
45986460-F71A-430E-BE67-73D0B37E9383.jpeg
FDFC265B-74A6-4267-B604-CDD2B58CEA19.jpeg

Feb 5, 2023 at 2:37 PM Post #1,895 of 1,971
Thanks, man. You are a super helpful guy! Looks to me like this woudl replace both the r5 gen 2, and the r6 2020 potentially. Sort of an odd business move. Well, now I am wondering if I should sell my R5.2 and r6 2020!

Feb 5, 2023 at 2:57 PM Post #1,896 of 1,971
Thanks, man. You are a super helpful guy! Looks to me like this woudl replace both the r5 gen 2, and the r6 2020 potentially. Sort of an odd business move. Well, now I am wondering if I should sell my R5.2 and r6 2020!

I'm hoping they bump R6 2020 to Android 12 as well with a firmware update. These are almost exactly the same hardware with respect to OS capability.

Feb 5, 2023 at 3:15 PM Post #1,897 of 1,971
I'm hoping they bump R6 2020 to Android 12 as well with a firmware update. These are almost exactly the same hardware with respect to OS capability.
They are. The benefit would just be slightly better processor and amp a option. The aonic differences now between r5.2 and r6 2020 are minimal. R6 is slightly wider wirh a hair more resolution. Thats not a Downer on the r6. Rather, the r5.2 is impressive. Add a better processor, and slightly better resolution wirh the option for 35 hour economy mode (thsts an assumption for r6.3) and thats unbeatable for $500. Hiby murderes fiio when it comes to daps. I haven't heard shanlings offerings, but they tend to be pricier

Feb 5, 2023 at 3:27 PM Post #1,898 of 1,971
They are. The benefit would just be slightly better processor and amp a option. The aonic differences now between r5.2 and r6 2020 are minimal. R6 is slightly wider wirh a hair more resolution. Thats not a Downer on the r6. Rather, the r5.2 is impressive. Add a better processor, and slightly better resolution wirh the option for 35 hour economy mode (thsts an assumption for r6.3) and thats unbeatable for $500. Hiby murderes fiio when it comes to daps. I haven't heard shanlings offerings, but they tend to be pricier

Agreed. Obviously I already have and enjoy the R6 2020 so I'm not ready to fork out another $500. Maybe we'll get lucky and get the update.

Feb 5, 2023 at 3:29 PM Post #1,899 of 1,971
Agreed. Obviously I already have and enjoy the R6 2020 so I'm not ready to fork out another $500. Maybe we'll get lucky and get the update.
Or wait R6 pro 🤭

Feb 5, 2023 at 3:32 PM Post #1,901 of 1,971
OFC the new one, a new dap will always come😂

Feb 5, 2023 at 4:01 PM Post #1,902 of 1,971
But …

… quick blood recovery!

Not sure that’s a feature I want for my next DAP :)

Feb 5, 2023 at 4:46 PM Post #1,903 of 1,971
Feb 5, 2023 at 4:57 PM Post #1,904 of 1,971
Feb 6, 2023 at 2:35 AM Post #1,905 of 1,971
Does this mean R6 2020 is at end of life in terms of sw/fw updates? =/

Users who are viewing this thread

Back