HiBy R6 2020 User Impressions
Apr 18, 2022 at 4:16 PM Post #1,741 of 1,971
It's an amazing little device. I looked at FiiO M11 Plus first since I own the BTR5, but Hiby has always been the most impressive on the actual playback operations having used the Hiby Music app for years. It was only logical to have them build the hardware to push the software and that's what influenced my decision on which way to spend. Now I cannot imagine life without it. 🤟😎

Attachments

• 20220418_160757_HDR.jpg
    20220418_160757_HDR.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 0
Apr 19, 2022 at 10:07 AM Post #1,743 of 1,971
I have a curious issue. After BT box power off, the power / display on button (r6 new) does not work anymore. I cannot power off / enable display if I press the button. I can power off the device with soft power off via app only.... power on via button is working fine.... but after restart the device I have the same issue.... the screen will shown only after plugin the usb cable.....a whole factory reset does not fix that problem! Any idea?
In addition no power menu (on / off / restart) shown after press the button key while device is up and running. The reset function does not work in this case.....???
After fact. reset FW update done -> without access... :frowning2:
...in addition, double tap to wake up the display is working....curious....

... it seems the power button lost the android software power function...it seems anyone change it...without root....any idea to fix that issue?

Have you contacted service@hiby.com ? It does seem a trip back to the factory is in order.

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com
Apr 19, 2022 at 2:25 PM Post #1,744 of 1,971
I just got this DAP and now I am looking for a pair of IEMs to go with it. My budget can not go above $250. Below are some that I have been looking at. Of the list below, which do people recommend that pair well with this DAP? Any others not on this list in the $250 price range that people recommend?

Tripowin X HBB Olina - $99.00
Shuoer S12 - $169.00
TinHifi T1 Plus - $169.00
Moondrop Kato – $189.99
Dunu Falcon Pro - $219.99
FiiO FH5s - $249.99

Last edited:
Apr 19, 2022 at 2:35 PM Post #1,745 of 1,971
I just got this DAP and now I am looking for a pair of IEMs to go with it. My budget can not go above $250. Below are some that I have been looking at. Of the list below, which do people recommend that pair well with this DAP? Any others not on this list in the $250 price range that people recommend?

Shuoer S12 - $169.00
Moondrop Kato – $189.99
FiiO FH5s - $249.99

The closest I have to the ones on your list is the Moondrop Aria. They sound excellent on the R6 2020 and can be tweaked with the MSEB to sound even better.

Apr 19, 2022 at 9:30 PM Post #1,750 of 1,971
I'm looking for wired IEMs
Check the Olina thread and get them plus a pack of 250 filters. Add one to the nozzle and another over the inside/front vent. I've owned Oxygen, Kato and listened to the Timeless. The Olina with mod is as good as any and cheaper. Save now and then save up for something closer to the r6 price.

Last edited:
Apr 19, 2022 at 11:49 PM Post #1,751 of 1,971

Shuoer S12 - $169.00
Moondrop Kato – $189.99
FiiO FH5s - $249.99
Add the 7Hz Timeless and the See Audio Midnight.

Apr 20, 2022 at 10:59 PM Post #1,753 of 1,971
Check the Olina thread and get them plus a pack of 250 filters. Add one to the nozzle and another over the inside/front vent. I've owned Oxygen, Kato and listened to the Timeless. The Olina with mod is as good as any and cheaper. Save now and then save up for something closer to the r6 price.
Which is your most preferred IEM among Oxygen, Kato and Olina?

Apr 21, 2022 at 7:43 AM Post #1,754 of 1,971
Which is your most preferred IEM among Oxygen, Kato and Olina?
They're all close depending on preference but I'd say Olina with mods but it's #3 without them. Without the filters, the bass is not defined enough and it's too hot/hashy on top. Kato was the cleanest/most resolving but bass is a little too round and it has the moondrop pinna gain that some feel is too much. Lots of this is relative since I tend to swap cables. The olina cable is dark sounding once they're modded. You're safer with the kato, O2 or timeless if they're in budget. What you'll prefer will be personal as there are many that prefer all 3. I haven't owned them and only listened but If I were buying as stock, I may actually choose the timeless and that's coming from someone that has cared for full size planars. Problem is that I didn't hear any of these when I had the R6.

While I'm writing this, I'm listening to modded Olina with a pure silver 8 wire cable via an original AK120 with resistor bypass. Testing it as my beat around setup and it's quite enjoyable.

Last edited:
Apr 21, 2022 at 9:51 PM Post #1,755 of 1,971
They're all close depending on preference but I'd say Olina with mods but it's #3 without them. Without the filters, the bass is not defined enough and it's too hot/hashy on top. Kato was the cleanest/most resolving but bass is a little too round and it has the moondrop pinna gain that some feel is too much. Lots of this is relative since I tend to swap cables. The olina cable is dark sounding once they're modded. You're safer with the kato, O2 or timeless if they're in budget. What you'll prefer will be personal as there are many that prefer all 3. I haven't owned them and only listened but If I were buying as stock, I may actually choose the timeless and that's coming from someone that has cared for full size planars. Problem is that I didn't hear any of these when I had the R6.

While I'm writing this, I'm listening to modded Olina with a pure silver 8 wire cable via an original AK120 with resistor bypass. Testing it as my beat around setup and it's quite enjoyable.
Thanks for the info! I have the R6 2020 and currently using FH3 (on 4.4mm balance output). Thinking of upgrade so I am not sure if the Olina (modded or not) will be a side grade or upgrade over the FH3.

As for the Kato, most reviews say its bass lacks punch/weight. Oxygen has short nozzles and might have fit issues. I am actually looking at IEM that is below $200 and pair well with the R6 2020 and of course, the overall performance must be an upgrade over my current FH3.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back