HiBy R6 2020 User Impressions
Mar 22, 2022 at 8:36 PM Post #1,711 of 1,971
Sorry, I forgot about the silicone case I had on initially. I hated that case over the official leather one but here's the amazon link below.

https://www.amazon.com/Crystal-Clear-Protective-Shell-Cover/dp/B08TVTXNBQ/ref=sr_1_1?crid=1UBD93H3F3PE4&keywords=rs6+case&qid=1647957230&sprefix=rs6+case,aps,91&sr=8-1
If only that was silicone. It's super stiff TPU and a royal pain to get on/take off. Plus, it really puts a drag on the volume wheel. I have the tan leather with velcro (hate velcro) and I have the TPU one. I dislike both. I'm currently waiting for the EASECASE from AliExpress.

Mar 23, 2022 at 3:42 PM Post #1,713 of 1,971
If only that was silicone. It's super stiff TPU and a royal pain to get on/take off. Plus, it really puts a drag on the volume wheel. I have the tan leather with velcro (hate velcro) and I have the TPU one. I dislike both. I'm currently waiting for the EASECASE from AliExpress.
I have the the Easecase. I had to give the manufacturer some additional dimensions as the first one that came through was a little loose. The revised version is better but I’m still not in love with it. I tweaked the tan version so the back flap doesn’t overlap with the body of the case and it fits nice and snug but I can’t stand the metal design on the back. I’ll probably try and get hold of the RS6 case. Maybe I’m just picky!

Mar 23, 2022 at 5:38 PM Post #1,714 of 1,971
LDAC bitrate is only 660 kbps under developer options or "best effort". How can 990 kbps LDAC be activated in the HiBy R6 2020?

Mar 24, 2022 at 8:10 PM Post #1,715 of 1,971
I have the the Easecase. I had to give the manufacturer some additional dimensions as the first one that came through was a little loose. The revised version is better but I’m still not in love with it. I tweaked the tan version so the back flap doesn’t overlap with the body of the case and it fits nice and snug but I can’t stand the metal design on the back. I’ll probably try and get hold of the RS6 case. Maybe I’m just picky!
Maybe you'd be better served by the R6 2020 tan case without the metal grill? That's the one I have and it came from Musictek. The case, itself, is alright; I'm just not a fan of the color nor the velcro.

Mar 30, 2022 at 1:03 AM Post #1,720 of 1,971
Good evening, can you help me with a doubt? I bought the Hiby a few months ago, I like the sound, being clear and detailed, fast bass, with little body and a little dry compared to my shanling M6 21... I want to upgrade, M8, it's too expensive, so I'm thinking about the DX240, would it be an upgrade over hiby? I like Hiby what I read about DX240 seemed to be Hiby improved. New Hiby uses 2x ES9028Q2M and the DX240 a single ES9038Pro DAC... Is it worth the upgrade? Better than these, there are the Hiby R8, Shanling M8, Fiio M17 and the Wonderful M9, but unfortunately all these are very expensive, and I would like to know from you if the DX240 is a little better.

Mar 31, 2022 at 1:34 PM Post #1,724 of 1,971
Need some troubleshooting help as my R6 2020 suddenly stopped playing files last night. I've had this player for nearly a year and have loved it.

Symptoms: tried to listen to music as normal through UAPP. Playing a track results in the progress bar staying at 0:00. No audio. Sometimes the progress bar starts moving very fast (as in, a 5 minute track claims to have fully played within a few seconds). Still no audio.

I have tried the following steps, none of which helped:
- Tried many different tracks from different artists/albums/etc. to ensure that it wasn't a specific bad file, but same results
- Swapping out the microSD card for a different one, in case that was the issue, but same results
- Using different jacks/headphones. I was initially using the balanced line out with an amp/headphone. To eliminate that as the issue, I tried a pair of IEMs on the balanced headphone jack instead, but same results
- Tried other apps (HiBy app, Neutron), but they behave the same
- Restarting did not help
- Factory reset did not help (the firmware is also already the latest)

When I use the USB out to play music in my car (which just reads the files off the microSD card), it still works fine as usual.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

EDITED TO ADD: after emailing HiBy and then MusicTeck, I was able to do a full reset from Android Recovery, and that appears to have fixed the issue. Thank you, HiBy and @MusicTeck!
I have exactly the same issue with my R6 2020. Bluetooth works fine, but I am unable to play music with wired phones, and like you, the tracks often seem to be playing fast (with no sound). What are the steps for Android Recovery? And is your fix still working?

Thanks!

Mar 31, 2022 at 3:46 PM Post #1,725 of 1,971
I have exactly the same issue with my R6 2020. Bluetooth works fine, but I am unable to play music with wired phones, and like you, the tracks often seem to be playing fast (with no sound). What are the steps for Android Recovery? And is your fix still working?

Thanks!
These were steps given to me by MusicTeck to do a full reset in Android Recovery mode. They worked and the device is still running normally now.

While the device is powered on:
1. Press Power button and select Restart
2. When Restart starts, Press and hold the Skip Prev button (above Play button)

You will enter the screensaver for recovery mode, which looks like an Android lying on its back with its chest open, with the words "No command" underneath.

To enter Android Recovery mode:
1. Press and hold the power button
2. While holding the power button, press the Skip Prev button once again.

In there, use Volume wheel to navigate and power button to select. Run the following:
1. Wipe data/factory reset

Users who are viewing this thread

Back