HiBy R6 2020 User Impressions
Sep 6, 2021 at 5:49 AM Post #1,531 of 1,971
It seems that the noise is caused by interference between the HiBy and my phone (with NFC or Bluetooth). Bad circuitry shielding against electronic interferencesm. Noise disappears when I put my phone 1 or 2 m away from the R6, especially with NFC on
Have dug out a balanced cable for my ciems and will try later today to see if same issue on balanced output

Sep 7, 2021 at 2:04 AM Post #1,533 of 1,971
Have dug out a balanced cable for my ciems and will try later today to see if same issue on balanced outpu

Have dug out a balanced cable for my ciems and will try later today to see if same issue on balanced output
Some R6 users say that noise is caused by the R6 WiFi, and disabling it would fix the problem! But it would be really a really big issue for a music player that it is optimized for Android music streaming apps! I will test it again at home using my WiFi router instead of my phone as a WiFi access hotspot...

Last edited:
Sep 8, 2021 at 5:29 AM Post #1,534 of 1,971
Some R6 users say that noise is caused by the R6 WiFi, and disabling it would fix the problem! But it would be really a really big issue for a music player that it is optimized for Android music streaming apps! I will test it again at home using my WiFi router instead of my phone as a WiFi access hotspot...
I've used the balanced cable and the effect is still the same , the static type noise is still there between tracks although appears indiscernible once music is playing even on a very quiet passage of music. (it was with standard cable also) Have also tried it the farthest away position from the router and also in my study where router is located with much more electrical equipment, desk amps, phones, wireless speakers etc, and it is slightly less notceable in the study compared to the farthest away point, so may be down to wifi strength. I did try Tidal with wifi swithched off (off line listening ) and it was much better with no discernible noise but means cant use UAPP, however thats at least a work around if I want to listen to stuff ive already downloaded via Tidal.

Sep 8, 2021 at 8:19 AM Post #1,535 of 1,971
I've used the balanced cable and the effect is still the same , the static type noise is still there between tracks although appears indiscernible once music is playing even on a very quiet passage of music. (it was with standard cable also) Have also tried it the farthest away position from the router and also in my study where router is located with much more electrical equipment, desk amps, phones, wireless speakers etc, and it is slightly less notceable in the study compared to the farthest away point, so may be down to wifi strength. I did try Tidal with wifi swithched off (off line listening ) and it was much better with no discernible noise but means cant use UAPP, however thats at least a work around if I want to listen to stuff ive already downloaded via Tidal.
Oh no! I thought that WiFi interference was due to the mobile phone being very close to the R6, not a WiFi router at least 2 m away from the R6. This is very problematic, I purchased the R6 2020, because telhr older R6 Pro had this problem that seemed to be solved in the R6 2020. You cannot use music streaming apps (including UAPP) without annoying noise between tracks!

Sep 10, 2021 at 3:33 PM Post #1,536 of 1,971
My R6 2020 is not playing downloaded files with a wired connection, though bluetooth works fine. I’ve restarted, but don’t want to do a factory reset and have to reload my music. Any suggestions?

Sep 10, 2021 at 5:57 PM Post #1,537 of 1,971
My R6 2020 is not playing downloaded files with a wired connection, though bluetooth works fine. I’ve restarted, but don’t want to do a factory reset and have to reload my music. Any suggestions?
Are you saying that when you tried to move files onto your R6, they transfer but won't play? Or that they won't transfer at all? And that you can successfully transfer tracks to the R6 via Bluetooth file transfer, and they do play?

Playing via HibyMusic? Did you re-scan for music after transferring the files?

Personally I never load music via USB -- always take out the microSD, pop it into my computer, transfer to the microSD, put it back in and then play. Well OK, I've copied a couple tracks on occasion, but never any significant amount of files -- way too slow. But I did have success the few times I have done so.

Sep 10, 2021 at 9:23 PM Post #1,538 of 1,971
Are you saying that when you tried to move files onto your R6, they transfer but won't play? Or that they won't transfer at all? And that you can successfully transfer tracks to the R6 via Bluetooth file transfer, and they do play?

Playing via HibyMusic? Did you re-scan for music after transferring the files?

Personally I never load music via USB -- always take out the microSD, pop it into my computer, transfer to the microSD, put it back in and then play. Well OK, I've copied a couple tracks on occasion, but never any significant amount of files -- way too slow. But I did have success the few times I have done so.
Thanks for the reply. I successfully transferred music files to a card, and was able to listen with earphones. But the past couple of days I can’t listen wired on both the headphone jack and the line out, but I can play them if I Bluetooth to headphones and speaker.

Sep 12, 2021 at 3:32 PM Post #1,539 of 1,971
Thanks for the reply. I successfully transferred music files to a card, and was able to listen with earphones. But the past couple of days I can’t listen wired on both the headphone jack and the line out, but I can play them if I Bluetooth to headphones and speaker.
Mine won’t play both line-out & headphone out. If both are plugged in the line-out is disabled. If I’m listening via line-out and plug in headphones, playback stops, and when I press ‘Play’, only the headphone out is live.

Makes sense if you think about it, there’s only one analog output stage. Seems reasonable that only one analog output would active.

Sep 18, 2021 at 1:49 PM Post #1,540 of 1,971
I've never participated in a forum, so I'm not really sure where to post this question. I have an R8 and I just purchased the topping a90 amp which I really like. I am now thinking of purchasing a desktop standalone DAC, possibly the Violectric V850 or the rme ad12 fs. Does anyone know if this would be an upgrade in sound quality or is the R8 equal as a DAC ? Again, sorry if I have posted this in the wrong place as I could not find instructions on posting in the forums. Any help would be greatly appreciated as I don't want to waste my money on something that would not be an upgrade.

Sep 18, 2021 at 1:54 PM Post #1,541 of 1,971
I've never participated in a forum, so I'm not really sure where to post this question. I have an R8 and I just purchased the topping a90 amp which I really like. I am now thinking of purchasing a desktop standalone DAC, possibly the Violectric V850 or the rme ad12 fs. Does anyone know if this would be an upgrade in sound quality or is the R8 equal as a DAC ? Again, sorry if I have posted this in the wrong place as I could not find instructions on posting in the forums. Any help would be greatly appreciated as I don't want to waste my money on something that would not be an upgrade.
Oops. I plugged in R8 in the search and somehow the R6 thread came up. I didn't realize I was posting on the R6 thread.

Sep 21, 2021 at 7:44 AM Post #1,542 of 1,971
I got my hands on my second DAP this week!
DD2EC25B-E83B-4742-B7D0-C0D46EAEC564.jpeg

Last edited:
Sep 23, 2021 at 9:01 AM Post #1,543 of 1,971
I love my R6 2020. I just purchased the WH2 dual BA TWS and the R2 from the Kickstarter campaign. I paired the WH2's with the R6 and the volume is very low. I am also experiencing audio dropouts with the Hiby close by.

The volume seems fine on the R2 and I will try to pair it with my iPhone and iPad when I get home. Have any of you had this problem of low volume and bluetooth with the R6 2020? Thanks in advance!

Last edited:
Sep 23, 2021 at 9:46 AM Post #1,544 of 1,971
I love my R6 2020. I just purchased the WH2 dual BA TWS and the R2 from the Kickstarter campaign. I paired the WH2's with the R6 and the volume is very low. I am also experiencing audio dropouts with the Hiby close by.

The volume seems fine on the R2 and I will try to pair it with my iPhone and iPad when I get home. Have any of you had this problem of low volume and bluetooth with the R6 2020? Thanks in advance!

Do you have volume all the way up on R6 2020? Did you go into Bluetooth setting and enabled LDAC for WH2 connection? How about getting their Hiby Blue companion app to tweak the sound and controls in there?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back