HiBy R6 2020 User Impressions
Jun 17, 2021 at 9:00 PM Post #1,426 of 1,971
Does anyone know if the R6 2020 comes with plastic screen protector like cut outs for the back of the DAP similar to how the R8 does?

thanks!
Mine came with a screen protector already applied.

Jun 17, 2021 at 10:08 PM Post #1,429 of 1,971
I'm starting to get concerned something may be wrong with my R6. About a month ago it randomly stopped outputting audio, I rebooted it and it was fine. About a week ago it happened again. Today it happened twice. It also has been very inconsistent with battery life when sitting over night, it's always randomly drained the battery at least once every few weeks but it's happening more frequently in recent weeks. There's also been a few times where the screen doesn't wake up, I have to tap the side button for several seconds or force it to reboot by holding the button down. I haven't changed anything with it besides installing updates. The weather has been hotter recently so I wonder if that might be related, but I use it indoors and out of the sun so it's not like it's being exposed to excessive temperatures. Thoughts? Is my R6 dying?

Jun 18, 2021 at 12:37 AM Post #1,430 of 1,971
Yes, I had the exact same problem with mine when I first got it. Andrew @ Musicteck took care of it for me and ultimately, I got a new one.

Yep. Andrew took care of me and fingers crossed, i don't run into the same issue.

Jun 18, 2021 at 12:44 AM Post #1,431 of 1,971
I'm starting to get concerned something may be wrong with my R6. About a month ago it randomly stopped outputting audio, I rebooted it and it was fine. About a week ago it happened again. Today it happened twice. It also has been very inconsistent with battery life when sitting over night, it's always randomly drained the battery at least once every few weeks but it's happening more frequently in recent weeks. There's also been a few times where the screen doesn't wake up, I have to tap the side button for several seconds or force it to reboot by holding the button down. I haven't changed anything with it besides installing updates. The weather has been hotter recently so I wonder if that might be related, but I use it indoors and out of the sun so it's not like it's being exposed to excessive temperatures. Thoughts? Is my R6 dying?

I had intermittent cutouts before losing sound completely.

Regarding battery drain, have it shutoff automatically when not in use. You can change it in the settings.

Sucks these DAPs are never as stable as smartphones. At least they fixed the wifi issue from the previous gen.

Jun 18, 2021 at 10:42 AM Post #1,433 of 1,971
Yes, I've had that issue a few times where I had to closeout and restart to play. This is different. I'm still getting nothing after a factory reset. Not sure its a SW issue. I also noticed the volume issue with Roon. I either have to adjust volume with the screen off or minimize the app. It won't let me adjust volume when in fullscreen.

I really like this DAP but its frustrating as I'm in the middle of testing out the new IE 900 and this is currently my only DAP. I don't like using IEMs with fullsize desktop DAC/AMP. I might have to pickup the new Fiio M11 Plus while I sort this mess out.

Thanks for your input.
I had exactly the same thing. Tried factory reset etc as well. Others have had it happen as well. I returned it to Hiby...they looked after me. Took several weeks to get it back but fine now.

Jun 18, 2021 at 9:40 PM Post #1,434 of 1,971
Regarding the battery drain issue, check your google location services settings. Either grant full permissions to them or disable the services completely. We have had quite a few cases where a drain was happening because the service was active but not getting the permissions it requires, thus throwing errors into logs continuously keeping the device busy.

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com
Jun 19, 2021 at 8:13 PM Post #1,436 of 1,971
Just received my R6 2020 in silver, beyond impressed and I regret not getting this ages ago.

Based on 3D benchmark tests I ran, it is as fast as R8 and DX300, the same processor, the same optimized OS. And you also have a dedicated LO for SE/BAL.

Jun 24, 2021 at 3:13 PM Post #1,438 of 1,971
Regarding the battery drain issue, check your google location services settings. Either grant full permissions to them or disable the services completely. We have had quite a few cases where a drain was happening because the service was active but not getting the permissions it requires, thus throwing errors into logs continuously keeping the device busy.
I turned off Find My Device in the location settings and it hasn't done the over night battery drain since so thanks for the suggestion. The sound dying issue also seemed like it went away too, until today when it happened four times so far. One of those times required two reboots before the sound came back. It's weird how inconsistent it is, I've been using it most of the day for most of the past several days without issue. I don't want to admit it might be dying because I love my R6 but it's really looking that way :frowning2:

Jun 27, 2021 at 4:36 PM Post #1,439 of 1,971
Got mine on Saturday and neither of the unbalanced ports work. It also reboots itself when I insert an SD card, and shows no card if I put it in first and then turn it on. Did factory reset, tried multiple cables/headphones and two SD cards. Build number 1.19G. Thankfully I bought it locally and they said I can exchange it tomorrow. Fingers crossed for #2.

Jun 27, 2021 at 4:51 PM Post #1,440 of 1,971
^
Definitely seems like a faulty unit. However, no matter the device, the SD card should never be inserted/removed while the player is powered on. Good luck with your replacement.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back