HiBy R6 2020 User Impressions
May 24, 2021 at 1:32 PM Post #1,352 of 1,971
I must say the R6 2020 is currently the DAP to beat in the sub-1k category. It truly is value for the money. Software and UI/UX is remarkable.

Exactly.

The incredible speed of the player when compared to even the $1k+ category shows that this player punches well above it's weight.
I'm so glad that they have finally fixed that odd MQA issue because that was honestly one of my biggest gripes with this DAP.

...now to figure out how to reduce the side LED's brightness.

Last edited:
May 24, 2021 at 1:50 PM Post #1,354 of 1,971
I really enjoy the fidelity of the screen when watching Tidal Music videos or even playing the occasional game. It's got a big enough battery to warrant the higher resolution. I wouldn't want a 120Hz screen though, I think that would make little sense on a DAP.

May 24, 2021 at 7:58 PM Post #1,356 of 1,971
...now to figure out how to reduce the side LED's brightness.
There’s no way to adjust the side LED’s brightness, but you can turn it off (which I prefer).

It wasn’t all that intuitive to figure out how to do it, but here’s what you do:

Go to> Settings > Display > Advanced > Keep Pulsar Light On When Powered On (and touch the toggle button to switch it off).

May 25, 2021 at 1:42 AM Post #1,357 of 1,971
After the latest 1.19G update, the "pop" noise at the beginning of every MQA tracks has gone. This is good! But... Gapless doesn't do well for MAQ tracks transitions now especially noticeable for live tracks (it is ok for non MQA tracks though).

Does anyone encounters the same issue?

Last edited:
May 25, 2021 at 2:59 AM Post #1,358 of 1,971
May 25, 2021 at 5:22 PM Post #1,361 of 1,971
Hey guys, are the preinstalled screen protectors on your units not truely edge to edge but therr is a few mm around the film where the screen bends in a little?

Yes but goes to the edge when case is on.

May 26, 2021 at 11:15 PM Post #1,362 of 1,971
After spending sometimes listening to MQA tracks (with the latest FW version 1.19G), I still hear a "pop" noise at the beginning of tracks, albeit it sounds lighter and lower in volume than before. Looking forward to have this issue COMPLETELY resolved in the next FW updates.

May 28, 2021 at 7:46 PM Post #1,364 of 1,971
Is there a battery saving mode for just listening to music on the dap? If so what kind of battery life can you get via single ended?
There's a battery saving mode built into Android. I typically run mine single ended with the screen brightness on the lowest setting while battery saving mode is on, accubattery says based on my average use over the last month it should be able to run just under 7 hours with the screen on and just under 24 hours with the screen off. I'm not sure how accurate that is, it charges so fast I rarely let it get below 40%, and I never charge it more than 85% to extend the battery life.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back