HiBy R6 2020 User Impressions
Jun 4, 2021 at 1:22 PM Post #1,385 of 1,971
My 3 weeks old R6 2020 stopped working. I'm getting zero sound out of it. Everything else seems to be functioning fine. I'm just not getting any sound.

Anyone else have this issue?

Jun 4, 2021 at 1:53 PM Post #1,386 of 1,971
My 3 weeks old R6 2020 stopped working. I'm getting zero sound out of it. Everything else seems to be functioning fine. I'm just not getting any sound.

Anyone else have this issue?
From what app?

Jun 4, 2021 at 4:44 PM Post #1,388 of 1,971
Jun 4, 2021 at 5:28 PM Post #1,389 of 1,971
All of them (UAPP, Tidal, Roon, spotify, Hiby music). And nothing out of both SE/bal. It was working fine until now.

I even did a factory reset to no avail.

Anyone else have this issu
All of them (UAPP, Tidal, Roon, spotify, Hiby music). And nothing out of both SE/bal. It was working fine until now.

I even did a factory reset to no avail.
I found R6 has problems when switching from app to app while playing audio. I was listening to Amazon Music and then accidentally clicked YouTube notification and it switched to YouTube and starts to play. I immediately switch back to Amazon Music and there’s no sound anymore. I have to turn off the screen let it rest for a few minutes and then it plays. I know it is very different than your situation but it does not hurt to try. I also found sometimes the volume will not change no matter how I turn the knob. Could be it at the 0 level? You may also want to try LO and see if it helps.

Jun 4, 2021 at 5:56 PM Post #1,390 of 1,971
I found R6 has problems when switching from app to app while playing audio. I was listening to Amazon Music and then accidentally clicked YouTube notification and it switched to YouTube and starts to play. I immediately switch back to Amazon Music and there’s no sound anymore. I have to turn off the screen let it rest for a few minutes and then it plays. I know it is very different than your situation but it does not hurt to try. I also found sometimes the volume will not change no matter how I turn the knob. Could be it at the 0 level? You may also want to try LO and see if it helps.

Yes, I've had that issue a few times where I had to closeout and restart to play. This is different. I'm still getting nothing after a factory reset. Not sure its a SW issue. I also noticed the volume issue with Roon. I either have to adjust volume with the screen off or minimize the app. It won't let me adjust volume when in fullscreen.

I really like this DAP but its frustrating as I'm in the middle of testing out the new IE 900 and this is currently my only DAP. I don't like using IEMs with fullsize desktop DAC/AMP. I might have to pickup the new Fiio M11 Plus while I sort this mess out.

Thanks for your input.

Jun 4, 2021 at 7:21 PM Post #1,391 of 1,971
Yes, I've had that issue a few times where I had to closeout and restart to play. This is different. I'm still getting nothing after a factory reset. Not sure its a SW issue. I also noticed the volume issue with Roon. I either have to adjust volume with the screen off or minimize the app. It won't let me adjust volume when in fullscreen.

I really like this DAP but its frustrating as I'm in the middle of testing out the new IE 900 and this is currently my only DAP. I don't like using IEMs with fullsize desktop DAC/AMP. I might have to pickup the new Fiio M11 Plus while I sort this mess out.

Thanks for your input.
You may want to contact Hiby for warranty repair. I feel so sorry this happens to you. Please let us know how it goes. This is an awesome DAP but it has many small problems.

Jun 4, 2021 at 7:29 PM Post #1,392 of 1,971
You may want to contact Hiby for warranty repair. I feel so sorry this happens to you. Please let us know how it goes. This is an awesome DAP but it has many small problems.

Yeah this is miles ahead compared to the old Hiby R6 Pro, but still not without issues. At least they adressed the crappy wifi on the older version that made it so frustrating for streaming services. I hope mine is an isolated issue.

Jun 4, 2021 at 7:41 PM Post #1,393 of 1,971
I just got the new R6. I've been following this thread, and just did some searches and didn't see an answer...

Is there a way to change the Android navigation button order at the bottom of the screen? I'm used to having the back button on the left and mine is on the right. I couldn't find anything in system settings.

Jun 4, 2021 at 9:37 PM Post #1,394 of 1,971
I just got the new R6. I've been following this thread, and just did some searches and didn't see an answer...

Is there a way to change the Android navigation button order at the bottom of the screen? I'm used to having the back button on the left and mine is on the right. I couldn't find anything in system settings.
Try different launcher?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back