HiBy R6 2020 User Impressions
Mar 31, 2021 at 4:44 PM Post #1,201 of 1,971
I think the MQA 'issue' has been well explained here. That's the way HiBy does it. It's not going to be 'solved' and IMO it's a minor annoyance (actually not an annoyance at all - I use the R8 and rarely listen to MQA tracks). I think it's fair to say if you're a heavy Tidal user, maybe consider other players? If not, there's nothing to consider.

Apr 1, 2021 at 3:33 AM Post #1,202 of 1,971
I bought Fiio M11 Pro 3 weeks ago and I returned it after few days due to the fact that there was an oval shape ghost image/burn mark on the screen which was pretty annoying and should not be like that for a DAP cost nearly USD700. This issue is quite common as there are quite a number of cases reported by users on Fiio FB page.

The seller has no more new stock of M11 Pro for replacement, thus he suggested to replace it with The New Hiby R6 2020 (International version), though I have to wait for it to be sent from China. It's on the way and I should probably get it by next week. I do not listen to Tidal/MQA so hopefully I would not run into other issues besides the pop noises.

Apr 1, 2021 at 8:16 PM Post #1,203 of 1,971
So I just got my R6 but I think linsoul send me the non google play version as I dont see the app store on here. Did you all have the app store on yours?

Edit.. ya this is not the google version as all the apps are in Chinese. Will contact linsoul to make this right or get a refund and order from someone else.

Last edited:
Apr 1, 2021 at 8:47 PM Post #1,204 of 1,971
So I just got my R6 but I think linsoul send me the non google play version as I dont see the app store on here. Did you all have the app store on yours?

Edit.. ya this is not the google version as all the apps are in Chinese. Will contact linsoul to make this right or get a refund and order from someone else.
There are two versions. One is Chinese version without Google Play Store that is for China local market and the other one, an International version that comes with Google Play Store.

Apr 1, 2021 at 8:49 PM Post #1,205 of 1,971
There are two versions. One is Chinese version without Google Play Store that is for China local market and the other one, an International version that comes with Google Play Store.

Ya. I ordered the google play version. Linsoul only sells the google play version. Looks like I was sent the non google play though. I see that the google play version is sold out everywhere so I think it was just a mistake. This one even came with the free case. I want to make sure I get to keep it but just need them to send me the right version I ordered.

Apr 1, 2021 at 9:44 PM Post #1,206 of 1,971
So its looks like I was sent the non google play version but Linsoul gave me the firmware to make mine the google version. Updating the firmware now.

Edit..

firmware update file did the trick. I know have google play on here and can now install Uapp and other apps on here.

Last edited:
Apr 2, 2021 at 4:14 AM Post #1,207 of 1,971
Interesting how the comments went from (honeymoon?) great impressions and everyone raving to lately mostly ones filled with negativity ... is this the typical cycle here that one should get used to?
Sorry, still new to Head-Fi.

On subject though - does anyone know how far behind (if it is) the R6 2020 behind the Shanling M8 from the perspective of SQ, noise floor, bass extension and overall.
I am also interested in the comparison between the two.

Apr 2, 2021 at 5:47 AM Post #1,208 of 1,971
So its looks like I was sent the non google play version but Linsoul gave me the firmware to make mine the google version. Updating the firmware now.

Edit..

firmware update file did the trick. I know have google play on here and can now install Uapp and other apps on here.
I have gotten the Chinese version of the R6 2020 as well and was told that there will never be a firmware to get it to have Google play... so I was lied to by Hiby? 😑

Apr 4, 2021 at 3:53 PM Post #1,209 of 1,971
This is more about UAPP on the R6 than the player itself. UAPP says it 'failed to find or setup HiRes DAC!' when asked to play a 24/192 file or integer upsample something smaller. I haven't used the player for weeks, hooked it up to run in a cable and this is where it's at now. I suspect something updated(likely uapp) that screwed it up. Yes, I've deleted and reinstalled UAPP. No Change. Hiby player work perfectly.

Apr 4, 2021 at 5:38 PM Post #1,210 of 1,971
This is more about UAPP on the R6 than the player itself. UAPP says it 'failed to find or setup HiRes DAC!' when asked to play a 24/192 file or integer upsample something smaller. I haven't used the player for weeks, hooked it up to run in a cable and this is where it's at now. I suspect something updated(likely uapp) that screwed it up. Yes, I've deleted and reinstalled UAPP. No Change. Hiby player work perfectly.
Best to PM Davy on the UAPP thread.

Apr 5, 2021 at 8:16 AM Post #1,211 of 1,971
Best to PM Davy on the UAPP thread.
Could easily be user error with all those options, he's on the case. :relaxed: I could always do a Hiby factory reset so settings, paths etc are forgotten and reinstall but would rather see what's up if possible. I only have a browser and UAPP installed so not a big deal.

Apr 5, 2021 at 8:42 PM Post #1,212 of 1,971
So I wiped and rebuilt my Hiby from scratch and did a fresh UAPP install to try and eliminate user error. It will not play in upsample mode where it did before. Does play Hires at native rates. Fortunately, Slow Roll Min Phase with Bit Perfect still sounds pretty great. I just can't figure out why an app feature like this would stop working after sitting idle for a while without FW or app updates or settings changes.

Did this while waiting for UAPP to get more specific help if possible.

Last edited:
Apr 8, 2021 at 10:31 AM Post #1,213 of 1,971

This has piqued my interest. I was under the impression that those who imported were to be without google play. I have the HiBy_R6Int_1.17G ROM file from the importer but need some assistance in flashing. Any info whatsoever to get me started would be very very helpful. Thanks,

Apr 8, 2021 at 11:07 AM Post #1,214 of 1,971
This has piqued my interest. I was under the impression that those who imported were to be without google play. I have the HiBy_R6Int_1.17G ROM file from the importer but need some assistance in flashing. Any info whatsoever to get me started would be very very helpful. Thanks,
I was asked not to give out any info on it but you might be able to ask your reseller.

Apr 8, 2021 at 12:14 PM Post #1,215 of 1,971
Pack the update to the external memory card. Please do not unzip. Then have the normal update function searched. It should then be displayed to you. Now just tap install and finish...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back