HiBy R6 2020 User Impressions
Dec 4, 2020 at 8:46 AM Post #181 of 1,971
Well im thinking why i need google?
Apk will get me Tidal and that's all store stuff i need ever out of my dap personaly.
UAPP, but again, why in a case of best dac, amp ready..hmm..thoughts

Dec 4, 2020 at 9:28 AM Post #182 of 1,971
My hard earned money was looking set to go to a shanling M6 Pro this month but I may just have to hang on and see how this pans out ....il let the hype and internet shills die down first.
The hiby r6 pro was near perfect for me (I know others had interference issues in the beginning). Was just a bit too hissy for my sensitive andro else I would of kept it for sure.

Dec 5, 2020 at 4:56 AM Post #184 of 1,971
Aside from implementation of software, they all seem much of a muchness these days unless you go all in on the more obscure chinese only ones. The last daps I bought were the original hiby r6 as I needed something with android that didn't have a camera due to work, and the shanling m0 due to it's size and the promise of audiobook support which never actually turned up. Aside from that nothing. I'm getting to the point where something a bit more updated would be nice but not necessary right now. Would of got the sony a105 but the eu volume cap nixed that one, so back just curiously browsing. This or the new hiby r5 might be contenders down the line.

I've got the asian version with uncapped volume, and it has plenty of volume for IEMs, but not for power hungry full size headphones. Btw the A105 sounds very good. I have had many DAPs, some cheaper some more expensive than A105, and I can say that the A105 has good quality/price ratio. This new R6 2020 seems to be a very complete and powerful DAP.

Dec 5, 2020 at 3:25 PM Post #188 of 1,971
My hard earned money was looking set to go to a shanling M6 Pro this month but I may just have to hang on and see how this pans out ....il let the hype and internet shills die down first.
The hiby r6 pro was near perfect for me (I know others had interference issues in the beginning). Was just a bit too hissy for my sensitive andro else I would of kept it for sure.

This model produces hiss as well? I'm planning to buy one to use with Andromeda 2020. Will it hiss? Any ideas?

Dec 5, 2020 at 4:46 PM Post #189 of 1,971
This model produces hiss as well? I'm planning to buy one to use with Andromeda 2020. Will it hiss? Any ideas?
Nobody knows yet, but based on specs it has less noise than any of the previous R6 models and quite a bit less than the R8 too.

Dec 5, 2020 at 7:53 PM Post #190 of 1,971
From what I can see there doesn't seem to be any real information yet on it, but if it's as good as the r6pro with a better noise floor and maybe a tad better layering and stage it should be killer...I'm still eyeing the m6pro though as this I feel maybe an excellent pairing for Andromeda.
Il decide over the next few weeks which way I go, hopefully in that time some trusted users will have got there hands on it and give us some real info.....if it takes a while I may just go down the shanling route.

Dec 5, 2020 at 9:44 PM Post #191 of 1,971
Got it last Wed, I think the burn-in time not reached 100 hrs yet. Just a quick note on the hiss as I see some of you concern. Hope help (rarely voice out here.... :D)

I don't have some really sensitive earphone here, just tested a few: CA Vega 2020, UM Mest, Sony JustEar M2, Sony IER-Z1R. No hiss here, at least not noticeable to me even in high gain. Unfortunately my T8ie already dead long ago as real hiss tester.

For the sound part, I think more professional people here would be more precise comment. :D

It's really clean, no color added. You'll got more color from you ear gears instead. So... I'm really love it with I put high gain with the Vega. Powerful enough to show the texture of base, clear enough to let the high shine. Good enough for me as a daily carry.

However, what I don't like on it is the software.... a bit buggy here, thou, I think it's just me who is really bug sensitive, and basically I'm always a bug finder. :D

Dec 6, 2020 at 1:33 AM Post #192 of 1,971
Got it last Wed, I think the burn-in time not reached 100 hrs yet. Just a quick note on the hiss as I see some of you concern. Hope help (rarely voice out here.... :D)

I don't have some really sensitive earphone here, just tested a few: CA Vega 2020, UM Mest, Sony JustEar M2, Sony IER-Z1R. No hiss here, at least not noticeable to me even in high gain. Unfortunately my T8ie already dead long ago as real hiss tester.

For the sound part, I think more professional people here would be more precise comment. :D

It's really clean, no color added. You'll got more color from you ear gears instead. So... I'm really love it with I put high gain with the Vega. Powerful enough to show the texture of base, clear enough to let the high shine. Good enough for me as a daily carry.

However, what I don't like on it is the software.... a bit buggy here, thou, I think it's just me who is really bug sensitive, and basically I'm always a bug finder. :D
Thanks for the feedback. What sort of bugs are you finding?

Dec 6, 2020 at 8:06 AM Post #194 of 1,971
I'm thinking of letting go of the R6 2020 version. It has Google Play. I think I'll stick with the DX220. DM if anyone interested. I'm in Hong Kong so anybody can get the 2020 R6 unlike those in overseas. It's kinda neutral sounding.
SOLD. Maybe I should have given it a chance, there is a modder who can mod for another 600 USD.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back