HiBy R6 2020 User Impressions
Dec 3, 2020 at 5:52 AM Post #151 of 1,971
Yes, unfortunately mine won't be coming, hifigo just realised they shipped non Google ver.
More wait
That's a pity. I checked Hifigo and the page says 'No Google Play', so I guess you specifically have to ask for the Google Play international version when buying from them? Did they give you the free case or did you have to buy it separately?

Dec 3, 2020 at 6:42 AM Post #152 of 1,971
That's a pity. I checked Hifigo and the page says 'No Google Play', so I guess you specifically have to ask for the Google Play international version when buying from them? Did they give you the free case or did you have to buy it separately?
Apparently no case with Google though in my case i deserve one😅

Dec 3, 2020 at 7:00 AM Post #153 of 1,971
Dec 3, 2020 at 7:57 AM Post #158 of 1,971
Yes, unfortunately mine won't be coming, hifigo just realised they shipped non Google ver.
More wait
Did they do it to all USA shipments, or just yours? You certainly deserve a free leather case.

Dec 3, 2020 at 8:00 AM Post #159 of 1,971
Well, he likes it, i fully understand why he lost interest in daps as i have no logical explanation why i insist on buying more😅😅
I feel the same way. I have 5 DAPs and one extra on the way.

Dec 3, 2020 at 8:04 AM Post #160 of 1,971
Did they do it to all USA shipments, or just yours? You certainly deserve a free leather case.
it sounds like Hiby hasn't released international version yet

Dec 3, 2020 at 8:15 AM Post #161 of 1,971
I just sent our vendor an Email asking about my version. Will post back here when answered.
soundblast75, what exactly did HiGo tell you?

Dec 3, 2020 at 8:24 AM Post #162 of 1,971
I reckon the difference between the Chinese and international versions is just google play, which, I reckon can be remedied with an international fw when it is released?

Dec 3, 2020 at 8:33 AM Post #163 of 1,971
I reckon the difference between the Chinese and international versions is just google play, which, I reckon can be remedied with an international fw when it is released?
No. According to what I have read, the Chinese version is modified to reject any attempts to install Google Play on that version of the R6.

Dec 3, 2020 at 8:50 AM Post #164 of 1,971
No. According to what I have read, the Chinese version is modified to reject any attempts to install Google Play on that version of the R6.
I don't know much, hifigo said they are waiting stock from Hiby with Google, possibly next week

Dec 3, 2020 at 8:54 AM Post #165 of 1,971
Well, he likes it, i fully understand why he lost interest in daps as i have no logical explanation why i insist on buying more😅😅
Pity that review told us absolutely nothing we didn't know already. He spent more time talking about other DAPs, and trying to read up on the features of the R6 as he was reviewing it. Compared to the detailed and intricate IEM reviews he does, this was more like an intro rather than any sort of in-depth review. That said, it's looking good, seems to be reliable, excellent BT/WiFi range and really solid specs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back