HiBy R6 2020 User Impressions
Dec 2, 2020 at 7:21 AM Post #136 of 1,971
My vendor said case not included. HiBy gave them some cases and HiFiGo randomly shipped some to purchasers.

Dec 2, 2020 at 7:25 AM Post #137 of 1,971
https://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&sl=auto&tl=en&u=https://www.spill.hk/audiovisual/hiby-the-new-r6-review/

A review on New R6 at Hong Kong in Traditional Chinese, translated into English for anyone interested.
Thanks for this, gotta love Google Translate: "It's very clear, and it makes people feel like listening to the open big-eared cow, quite a surprise." :p

Looks like the New R6 is finally starting to get into hands so expect to see much more coverage in the coming days and weeks. Bad Guy review is coming out this week too, though not expecting much from him other than "ok, it's a player". We wait and see.

Based purely on specs, the New R6 is competing in the $1200-$1500 price tier, because frankly it eclipses every other DAP out there at that price range feature-for-feature (do a side-by-side spec comparison with the FiiO M15 and you'll see what I mean). The only variable, as always, is sound signature, technicalities and synergy, all of which remain to be seen/heard.

Dec 2, 2020 at 7:51 AM Post #138 of 1,971
Thanks for this, gotta love Google Translate: "It's very clear, and it makes people feel like listening to the open big-eared cow, quite a surprise." :p

Looks like the New R6 is finally starting to get into hands so expect to see much more coverage in the coming days and weeks. Bad Guy review is coming out this week too, though not expecting much from him other than "ok, it's a player". We wait and see.

Based purely on specs, the New R6 is competing in the $1200-$1500 price tier, because frankly it eclipses every other DAP out there at that price range feature-for-feature (do a side-by-side spec comparison with the FiiO M15 and you'll see what I mean). The only variable, as always, is sound signature, technicalities and synergy, all of which remain to be seen/heard.
As a proper translation, "big ear cow" means full sized headphones.

Dec 2, 2020 at 7:55 AM Post #140 of 1,971
Dec 2, 2020 at 7:58 AM Post #141 of 1,971
https://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&sl=auto&tl=en&u=https://www.spill.hk/audiovisual/hiby-the-new-r6-review/

A review on New R6 at Hong Kong in Traditional Chinese, translated into English for anyone interested.
Typical Google "spot-on" translation - as always. :sweat_smile: "Big ear cow" just totally made my day. :D

Good that reviews are coming out, but this particular one is not so useful - 70% of the content are things that can be read from datasheet and the rest is not so precise sound description. I'm still waiting for proper review with in-depth sound analysis and comparisons with other DAPs. I just hope that HiBy didn't go V-shaped and warm sound route as I'm looking for upgrade my DX220 and I like its' neutrality.

Last edited:
Dec 2, 2020 at 8:02 AM Post #142 of 1,971
Dec 2, 2020 at 8:05 AM Post #143 of 1,971
Typical Google "spot-on" translation - as always. :sweat_smile: "Big ear cow" just totally made my day. :D

Good that reviews are coming out, but this particular one is not so useful - 70% of the content are things that can be read from datasheet and the rest is not so precise sound description. I'm still waiting for proper review with in-depth sound analysis and comparisons with other DAPs. I just hope that HiBy didn't go V-shaped and warm sound route as I'm looking for upgrade my DX220 and I like its' neutrality.
I'm hoping for R6 Pro plus a bit of refinement. That means full bodied, with good bass weight and not-too-bright treble. Really hope it's not a flat, neutral sound.

Dec 2, 2020 at 8:15 AM Post #144 of 1,971
Mate, You're posting these reviews with a speed of a lightning, good job!

I'm hoping for R6 Pro plus a bit of refinement. That means full bodied, with good bass weight and not-too-bright treble. Really hope it's not a flat, neutral sound.
Everyone is expecting something different and it's audio industry beauty. There are so many manufacturers and models that everyone will find stuff which suits him best - from bright, lean and analitycal sounding to warm, rich and dense sounding devices. What's not to love about that? :L3000:

Dec 2, 2020 at 10:00 AM Post #145 of 1,971
It's shaping nicely by the sound of it.
1.not like older ones
2.mqa=incredible
Both of these points are what i wanted, let's see if true
Waiting for my tracking today, apparently shipped yesterday

Dec 2, 2020 at 12:42 PM Post #147 of 1,971
Sounds like bull to me :p
Here you go... :wink:
1606930951862.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Back