HiBy R5 Gen 2 - Class A headamp, Dual ES9219C, 35h playtime, MQA 16x, open Android
Apr 19, 2022 at 4:12 PM Post #106 of 1,078
I have an original R5 and the battery is holding up fine (so far). I think it might be because I don't use fast charging on my DAPs. Slow charging works for my usage habits.
I don't even use fast charging on my phone normally either.

Apr 19, 2022 at 4:14 PM Post #107 of 1,078
Apr 19, 2022 at 6:14 PM Post #108 of 1,078
Are you sure you can bypass integrated amp or is it always active like in Cirrus Logic DACs?
Certainly.
DAC = Line out mode
DAC+integrated amp = endurance mode
DAC+class A discrete amp = class A mode

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com
Apr 20, 2022 at 3:30 AM Post #110 of 1,078
How old is it? Don't normally get that until after 3 years unless overheating from my experience with corporate phones, and some never seem to do it.
The battery had a bad behavior from day 0. Even with the R5s switched off, the battery drained very quickly.
After 6 monts the battery swelled.
Reading this forum I saw this problem wasn't only mine.

Apr 20, 2022 at 11:14 AM Post #112 of 1,078
Pretty/Giggly unboxing. Can't recall what the DAP looks like :dt880smile:

Notice its just branded as R5 on box, no reference to the Gen 2 part.

Pity case doesn't have cut-outs for the buttons rather than press through case.

Considering the changes and inflation over last few years I think this is still great for the same price as current model, with bigger screen and long battery life if not needing to use the class A amp. Please for me having 2.5 and 4,4mm balanced saves me using an adapter. Of course, this is assuming it sounds great in both modes.

Last edited:
Apr 21, 2022 at 2:45 AM Post #113 of 1,078
Got this in yesterday. Love that it has a DX160 sized form factor, all the popular output ports and physical buttons for volume. Comes with a very nice blue PU leather case.

Looking forward to trying it out more, especially the Class A mode. Will post my first impressions soon!

Hiby R5 MK2.jpeg

Apr 21, 2022 at 4:16 AM Post #114 of 1,078
Got this in yesterday. Love that it has a DX160 sized form factor, all the popular output ports and physical buttons for volume. Comes with a very nice blue PU leather case.

Looking forward to trying it out more, especially the Class A mode. Will post my first impressions soon!

Hiby R5 MK2.jpeg

Great, looking forward to it.

Apr 21, 2022 at 3:59 PM Post #115 of 1,078
I'm really surprised, and frankly rather disappointed that Hiby didn't seed this to any reviewers to have reviews up on launch.
Leaves a bit of a bad impression.

Hiby R5 MK2.jpeg
Hopefully in the next couple of days? :p

Apr 22, 2022 at 2:03 AM Post #119 of 1,078
Haha, hopefully some detailed first impressions? :wink:
Something that'd make an easy buy now or wait decision. Though if they're having trouble shipping maybe I'll just wait :thinking:
:thinking:
My purchased one just updated as shipped today, but from China to UK so think its 10-30 days delivery window.

Apr 22, 2022 at 11:47 AM Post #120 of 1,078

Hiby R5 MK2.jpeg
Any early impressions to share?? :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back