HiBy R5 Gen 2 - Class A headamp, Dual ES9219C, 35h playtime, MQA 16x, open Android
May 13, 2022 at 11:42 PM Post #436 of 1,076
R player = the R series player you're holding
DTA = Direct transport architecture, what is responsible for bit perfect playback of your music from 3rd party apps.

It does not include DSD, so third party apps need to be coded specifically foe your player, in order for DSD to play back natively.

We have been in periodic contact with Neutron devs about this but it seems their player is not working with the r5 gen2 for DSD just yet, going by what you say.

Can you play a DSD album to confirm, that it's not an issue specific to resampling to DSD?
Ok, so I have been playing with the neutron app and got it working but its limited to dsd64. Even in this limited capacity it sounds great, if it can be developed to work at 256, I think it will sound amazing.

Side note, dsd upsampling is hitting the cpu and battery pretty hard, I had to increase latency to prevent skipping.

Screenshot_20220513-225935.png

The problem was the neutron app did not like it when it was set to native DSD or pcm to dsd only, to get it to work properly, I had to also check off both boxes.

Screenshot_20220513-225024.png

DSD resampling works fine, was able to verify this with a DSD256 .dsf file.

Screenshot_20220513-232042.png

May 14, 2022 at 10:20 AM Post #438 of 1,076
Someone mention to use Jet Audio HD Plus app and i took their advice. I am a fan of it. Gapless is true gapless. I love the functions this app. Give it a try.
I tried Jet Audio (used to have a Cowon DAP many years ago, so I know the app) and gapless works fine there. Won't play DSDs, though. Gonna stick with the Hiby app for now. I like its UI. Just tried to play that Santana album again in Hiby and it played back perfectly. Could be something intermittent? Weird.

May 14, 2022 at 11:23 AM Post #441 of 1,076
I tried Jet Audio (used to have a Cowon DAP many years ago, so I know the app) and gapless works fine there. Won't play DSDs, though. Gonna stick with the Hiby app for now. I like its UI. Just tried to play that Santana album again in Hiby and it played back perfectly. Could be something intermittent? Weird.
The Hiby app is missing a few features like Artist and Album look up from the song is playing. Crossfade , true gapless for all files, a basic recently added playlist and play next function that works when shuffling is on.

May 14, 2022 at 11:55 AM Post #444 of 1,076
All I do is stream. I can’t figure out how to download files for offline listening on my memory card. I downloaded several 100 track playlists to the card, found them, but Hiby app can’t see ‘em. I get about an hour a day on it so I just stream and get lost in the music.

May 14, 2022 at 12:31 PM Post #446 of 1,076
All I do is stream. I can’t figure out how to download files for offline listening on my memory card. I downloaded several 100 track playlists to the card, found them, but Hiby app can’t see ‘em. I get about an hour a day on it so I just stream and get lost in the music.
Are they playlist files from the streaming app? If it is that’s not going to work on Hiby app

May 14, 2022 at 12:54 PM Post #447 of 1,076
The Hiby app is missing a few features like Artist and Album look up from the song is playing. Crossfade , true gapless for all files, a basic recently added playlist and play next function that works when shuffling is on.
You may need to run a music scan again if you haven't done that.

May 14, 2022 at 12:55 PM Post #448 of 1,076
DAPs' have soundstages? I thought only IEM's did.

But now that I think of it, if I am sticking the output via USB into my Gryphon or K9, it doesn't matter what the dap is, right?

On this forum even USB cables and SD cards have magic properties... :wink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back