HiBy R5 Gen 2 - Class A headamp, Dual ES9219C, 35h playtime, MQA 16x, open Android
May 12, 2022 at 10:27 AM Post #406 of 1,076
DSD upsampling where?
On any app, I have the paid versions of UAPP, Onkyo HF, Neutron, poweramp. Tried playing with all the settings (theres not many), can't get it to work with any of them.

May 12, 2022 at 11:36 AM Post #407 of 1,076
New firmware from Hiby

HiBy R5 Gen 2 international edition firmware update was just released!

Version 1.01G changelog:
1. Added the function of double tap to wake;
2. Added Lineout settings to the status bar;
3. Added icons of class A headamp mode and lineout status to the notification panel;
4. Added prompts that the device will restart after the HiBy Music app finishes upgrade;
5. Various other bug fixes.

The OTA update is available now.

Simply tap on Wireless Update in your app drawer while connected to the internet through WiFi to search for and install the new update.

Yes! Its so annoying not having when you get used to it with your mobile.

May 12, 2022 at 3:46 PM Post #411 of 1,076
Has anyone been able to get dsd upsampling to work?

Am i the only one that uses this?

May 12, 2022 at 7:10 PM Post #412 of 1,076
May just he me but after firmware update, class A improvement seems more noticeable over economy mode.

May 12, 2022 at 7:29 PM Post #413 of 1,076
I have an R2 and R3 and am thinking of ordering the R5 gen 2. Can anyone speak to how it works and sounds with Apple Music on all res of tracks

I am thinking of getting either an R2 or an R3 Pro for my yardwork/throw-around DAP because I dropped my AP80 Pro-X one too many times and the back panel popped off completely and broke into pieces. And I had already superglued the back panel back on once, after it popped off the first time as a result of a drop, which rendered the physical buttons on the side unusable (most likely stuck due to super-glue). I mentioned above that I have owned both the R2 and the R3 Pro Saber previously, albeit not for all that long. I am actually leaning toward the R2 due to it's form factor and cost. Can you (or anyone) give any insights/recommendations as pertains to the R2 vs R3 Pro? Obviously I know the basics. Different chips, 2.5mm balanced port on R3 Pro, etc, etc. But how comparable is the sound on the R2 as compared to the R3 Pro? I realize that you have the R3 standard version as opposed to the Pro it seems. Thanks in advance.

May 12, 2022 at 9:33 PM Post #414 of 1,076
May just he me but after firmware update, class A improvement seems more noticeable over economy mode.
Maybe it's me choosing another genre of music after the update, but the soundstage on A is huge~

May 12, 2022 at 10:33 PM Post #416 of 1,076
Mine finally got here today. I didn’t really believe you guys about class A sounding different at all with IEMs….I was so wrong. Sorry awesome battery life, I won’t be experiencing you

May 12, 2022 at 10:49 PM Post #417 of 1,076
Mine finally got here today. I didn’t really believe you guys about class A sounding different at all with IEMs….I was so wrong. Sorry awesome battery life, I won’t be experiencing you
Now I am getting FOMO. Oh wait, I have one on the way.

Besides Class A, I really like the idea of having 2.5 and 4.4 balanced outputs. Very sweet.

I would have had FOMO with regard to R2R which is become a "thing"; but then again I listen to quite a bit of SACD material so R2R has no benefit there.

Say, can this act directly as a DAC for an iphone? Or do we need the Apple CCK? Now that dongles are becoming a big deal direct connection of the iphone to the DAC is becoming more common.

Last edited:
May 13, 2022 at 3:18 AM Post #419 of 1,076
Does the Hiby app support DSD upsampling?

I'm having difficulty getting DSD upsampling to work on any app, I have the paid versions of neutron, uapp, hiby, onkyo hf, power amp and I can't get DSD upsampling to work on any of the apps.

@Joe Bloggs
It is not a feature of the native app. For 3rd party apps, it would depend on whether they support streaming DSD to the R player, support of which is not as widespread as DTA of PCM data. It may require recoding on their part to support each R player unlike with PCM.

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com
May 13, 2022 at 9:11 AM Post #420 of 1,076
It is not a feature of the native app. For 3rd party apps, it would depend on whether they support streaming DSD to the R player, support of which is not as widespread as DTA of PCM data. It may require recoding on their part to support each R player unlike with PCM.
I'm not familiar with what R player and DTA is.

I'm not sure what you're saying here, what would need recoding? Isn't it natively capable of DSD256?

I use DSD upsampling in jriver to listen to music with my desktop setup but I'm not able to get DSD upsampling to work in Jriver with the R5g2 when used as a usb dac either.

What can I do to get DSD upsampling to work?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back