Hiby R3 Pro Portable Bluetooth DAP
Feb 5, 2021 at 4:49 PM Post #1,261 of 2,094
Thanks. Yeah I did a search and figured out I needed to download some extraction software in order to do this. Well I got that far and started following the instructions, but Windows now says I'm missing a third-party digital signature or something and won't let me install the driver. This is all very frustrating for a non-computer nerd.

I guess I'm stuck on version 1.3, but at least the R3 still plays music.

You have to reboot a special way before you can install the driver. This is directly from Microsoft:

"Driver Signature Enforcement is one of the security features that we make to make sure that only signed drivers can load on your system. Note that disabling driver signature enforcement will install drivers that weren’t officially signed. Install only the drivers you trust. Follow these steps:
  1. Go to Settings > Update & security > Recovery > Advanced startup > Restart now.
  2. Choose Troubleshoot > Advanced options > Startup Settings > Restart > F7 or 7.
Once it restarts, you may now install any third party drivers. Note that the next time you device restarts, driver signature enforcement will be enabled again."

Feb 5, 2021 at 4:59 PM Post #1,262 of 2,094
You have to reboot a special way before you can install the driver. This is directly from Microsoft:

"Driver Signature Enforcement is one of the security features that we make to make sure that only signed drivers can load on your system. Note that disabling driver signature enforcement will install drivers that weren’t officially signed. Install only the drivers you trust. Follow these steps:
  1. Go to Settings > Update & security > Recovery > Advanced startup > Restart now.
  2. Choose Troubleshoot > Advanced options > Startup Settings > Restart > F7 or 7.
Once it restarts, you may now install any third party drivers. Note that the next time you device restarts, driver signature enforcement will be enabled again."

Thank you again. I appreciate the help. I remembered that in the email communication from HiBy they mentioned something about this and provided me with a link to a tutorial on how to temporarily disable the driver signature enforcement in Windows 10. At the time I did not know I was going to have to do that. The steps you outlined above is ultimately what I did, and it worked! I got the new driver (almost) installed.

Where I am stuck now is on the final steps. I cannot seem to get the cloner.exe file to open and load. I follow the steps in the instructions and nothing happens. AARGH!

Feb 5, 2021 at 5:39 PM Post #1,263 of 2,094
Thank you again. I appreciate the help. I remembered that in the email communication from HiBy they mentioned something about this and provided me with a link to a tutorial on how to temporarily disable the driver signature enforcement in Windows 10. At the time I did not know I was going to have to do that. The steps you outlined above is ultimately what I did, and it worked! I got the new driver (almost) installed.

Where I am stuck now is on the final steps. I cannot seem to get the cloner.exe file to open and load. I follow the steps in the instructions and nothing happens. AARGH!

I'm not sure on that one, sorry. I just tried it on my laptop with no issues. Are you sure you extracted all of the files into a subdirectory? It probably wont work from inside the archive/rar file.

Last edited:
Feb 5, 2021 at 7:14 PM Post #1,264 of 2,094

If it's any consolation, we are happy to take your unit in as faulty and perform the "upgrade" for you free of charge if you can send it our way to Hong Kong or China. Unless you ordered your locally via e.g. Musicteck, in which case you just deliver it to them.

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com
Feb 7, 2021 at 5:32 AM Post #1,265 of 2,094
Hey @Joe Bloggs, I have some suggestions about R3 Pro firmware 1.5 so would be nice to have it reported to support team in case of possible changes in future software :)

Here it goes:

Main Player:
- quick access to home screen and now playing screen (from eg. quick shortcuts menu),
- shortcut button to quick navigate to currently playing track/artist/album (depending of current view) - nice feature found originaly in Fiio M11 - it simply fast scrolling the list to the currently played data,
- on Fiio M5 and Shanling M0 there is a nice feature that when you swiping right from now playing screen (gesture to access menu/library in R3) user is always moved to place where current now playing track was selected, eg. (from M5 view): when I accessing track for artist A with album B, track C - now playing is loading with track C; when I go back to main menu (by shortcut or by moving back throught library) and go back to now playing screen (without changing the current playing track) - swipe right from now playing screen shows library with album B of artist A; in R3 when I accessig like this - the main menu is displayed (or other selected earlier place before going back to now playing screen); would be nice to have this feature available for R3 too :),
- pressing previous button while track is playing on now playing screen - previous track is loaded instead of starting again currently playing track; when using physical button it is working like that,
- scrolling long titles in library,
- when in 'list now playing' list, pressing currently playing track not pausing it, but starting it again,
- also on 'list now playing' screen would be nice to have possibility to adding/removing track in favourites library, or adding it to playlist (as in regular library list),

Tidal:
- adding/removing track/artist/album in favourites library (heart icon in Tidal) (also from now playing screen for currently plaing track as for plaback screen from internal memory) - now this feature is only available for tracks, albums and artists, but only when accesing from library (pressing arrow on right side); additionaly for track which is in favourites already - button for removing it from library is not available, player always shows button 'add to my favourites' and it functions as it is described; for example for albums and artists button is changed to 'remove from my favourites'),
- shortcut to open album from now playing screen is not working (error 'file format not supported'),
- 'properties' informations are frequently not loading any data from now playing screen (sometimes is showing some informations) but when accessing from library view using button 'show track info' works ok and shows track informations,
- track covers are not loading when accessing 'list now playing' list from now playing screen,
- also on 'list now playing' screen would be nice to have possibility to adding/removing track in favourites library, or adding it to playlist (as in regular library list),
- when in 'List now playing' list, pressing currently playing track not pausing it, but starting it again.

Thats all for now - thank you in advance :)

Feb 7, 2021 at 1:16 PM Post #1,266 of 2,094
Does anyone have any recommendations for some iems with the R3 Pro (Saber) that bring out the full potential of this DAP? I like wide soundstage, good separation, clarity, forward mids and vocals, and bright highs. And I'm looking for iems in the sub-$500 range. Any ideas would be appreciated. I've tried and sent back a whole bunch of cheapies from Amazon, and am realizing that I may need to spend over $100 for what I'm looking for..

Feb 7, 2021 at 1:53 PM Post #1,267 of 2,094
I'm considering buying this DAP. I'm coming from an iBasso DX50, which I'm becoming really frustrated with (tiny screen, the buttons are uncomfortable, the interface is really slow, etc). Will the R3 Pro drive Sennheiser HD598s by itself? I also have a pair of Sennheiser Momentum On-Ears, as well as some KZ iems, but I know those will work just fine.

I'm 99% sure that it wouldn't be able to drive 250ohm DT770s...but might I be wrong?

Feb 7, 2021 at 2:15 PM Post #1,268 of 2,094
hey, i have the R3 Pro Saber . i upgrade to 1.5 firmware. i still couldn't figure out how to enter tidal or qobuz. when i try to enter import music via WIFI
i got this message.

1612724822501.jpg

so still no tidal or qobuz for me. any suggestions?

Last edited:
Feb 7, 2021 at 3:20 PM Post #1,269 of 2,094
hey, i have the R3 Pro Saber . i upgrade to 1.5 firmware. i still couldn't figure out how to enter tidal or qobuz. when i try to enter import music via WIFI
i got this message.

1612724822501.jpg

so still no tidal or qobuz for me. any suggestions?

Tidal is on the main menu tabs, first tab is menu, second music, third playlists and fourth is Tidal/Qubuz. You should be able to login from there.

Feb 10, 2021 at 10:04 PM Post #1,271 of 2,094
Does anyone have any recommendations for some iems with the R3 Pro (Saber) that bring out the full potential of this DAP? I like wide soundstage, good separation, clarity, forward mids and vocals, and bright highs. And I'm looking for iems in the sub-$500 range. Any ideas would be appreciated. I've tried and sent back a whole bunch of cheapies from Amazon, and am realizing that I may need to spend over $100 for what I'm looking for..
I would go either with the moondrop blessing 2 or the tanchjim oxygen

Feb 11, 2021 at 1:53 PM Post #1,273 of 2,094
So I bit the bullet about bought the R3 Pro Saber...and I figured if it couldn't drive my Sennheisers I'd send it back. The good news is it does. It definitely sounds better on the high gain setting, though.

Interestingly, it does power the 250ohm DT770s to a pretty loud volume...but the sound is thin and trebly. So those will remain with my living room setup.

Great little player. Compared to my DX50 it sounds clearer and more detailed. And a little brighter. I don't usually like that but it's done well in this case.

Feb 11, 2021 at 9:06 PM Post #1,275 of 2,094
Hi everyone - another naïve question. What type of balanced cable do I need with my R3 Pro Saber? I bought an XLR to 2.5mm TRRS adaptor but
it's not working, did I get the wrong kind? Here's the one I bought and thanks for the help!
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07D7KZ8TL/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
What are you trying to connect the r3pro to? An IEM? Headphones? A balanced Amp? 2.5mm fits the R3Pro, the other end(s) need to fit the device you are attaching. Could be mmcx, 2pin, or an assortment of others...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back