Hiby R3 Pro Portable Bluetooth DAP
Jan 3, 2020 at 4:32 PM Post #226 of 2,070
Interesting that while the R6 Pro sounds better than the R3 Pro with a wired connection the R3 Pro sound better using bluetooth and streaming Tidal than the R6 Pro .

The R6 Pro downloaded Tidal tracks sound better than the R3 Pro streaming Tidal.

Im really impressed with the R3 Pro.

Jan 5, 2020 at 3:31 PM Post #228 of 2,070
I received an e-mail with a shipping number, with no tracking info available. Anyone else in the same position?

Yes, I am. I think it will just take awhile for the tracking information to be updated. Probably for the next week or so there won't be any info, then one day when you go to check it will be heavily updated and most likely be delivered soon.
At least I hope so!

Jan 7, 2020 at 2:49 PM Post #232 of 2,070
Anyone else having really poor audio quality when using AAC as Bluetooth output with the TRN BT20? SBC sounds good. AAC was added in v1.2
Yes, I have choppy Bluetooth AAC audio with my Sony WF-1000XM3.

Jan 7, 2020 at 6:18 PM Post #235 of 2,070
Anyone else having really poor audio quality when using AAC as Bluetooth output with the TRN BT20? SBC sounds good. AAC was added in v1.2
AAC works with Bragi's The Headphone(BT4.0) but not great. Line-of-sight distance is stable for less than 3m with R3Pro. For comparison with Pixel3 as host, the connection to Bragi is stable for up to 8m. To my ears, AAC connection's SQ with Pixel3 (UAPP + audio direct bt) sounds closer to wired SQ than R3Pro. The R3Pro sounds grainy & congested around upper mids/treble.

Jan 7, 2020 at 6:21 PM Post #236 of 2,070
AAC works with Bragi's The Headphone(BT4.0) but not great. Line-of-sight distance is stable for less than 3m with R3Pro. For comparison with Pixel3 as host, the connection to Bragi is stable for up to 8m. To my ears, AAC connection's SQ with Pixel3 (UAPP + audio direct bt) sounds closer to wired SQ than R3Pro. The R3Pro sounds grainy & congested around upper mids/treble.

I would think the encoder implementation is bad. The audio quality issue only happens in AAC. SBC sounds good and the other codecs sounds great as well with my other receivers. Either the AAC implementation is bad or they are using a low bitrate to perform the encoding.

Jan 7, 2020 at 6:35 PM Post #237 of 2,070
I would think the encoder implementation is bad. The audio quality issue only happens in AAC. SBC sounds good and the other codecs sounds great as well with my other receivers. Either the AAC implementation is bad or they are using a low bitrate to perform the encoding.
It's their first attempt at implementing AAC on the new BT chip, so hopefully they get it right 1 or 2 firmwares later. I think they will get there eventually.

Jan 7, 2020 at 10:04 PM Post #238 of 2,070
For anybody who is interested, I just posted my R3 Pro review. As usual, it's a long read with a detailed coverage, so I partitioned it in multiple pages/sections for easier reading.

hiby_r3pro-09.jpg hiby_r3pro-16.jpg

Jan 9, 2020 at 11:12 PM Post #239 of 2,070
The Bluetooth receiving delay jumped to what seems like a whole second after the1.2 update for me. And Hiby just told me the R3 Pro does not receive Aptx and it's deviations like Aptx Low Latency because of "authorization issue". I wonder if there is even a slight chance they may add them later. If they ship enough units to pay for the license may be:fingers_crossed:

Jan 10, 2020 at 4:58 PM Post #240 of 2,070
Has anybody tried to connect the r3pro to an ios device as a dac?

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back