HiBy R2 - HiBy's entry-level HiFi digital audio player
Mar 4, 2021 at 4:40 PM Post #438 of 872
Yes. There's a screen under the "Play settings" icon that lets you set ReplayGain to none, by track or by album. I see mine is set to by album, but I'm not really sure why! I have a very basic understanding of what this is, but still not real familiar with how the whole thing works.

Mar 4, 2021 at 4:46 PM Post #439 of 872
Yes. There's a screen under the "Play settings" icon that lets you set ReplayGain to none, by track or by album. I see mine is set to by album, but I'm not really sure why! I have a very basic understanding of what this is, but still not real familiar with how the whole thing works.
Have you ever encountered this problem? You're listening to track A, then you're switching to track B and you have to volume up/down because the second track is significantly louder/quieter. If you like to shuffle your playlist, I bet you did. What ReplayGain does is quite simple. It checks the average/peak loudness and tells the player to automatically make it louder/quiter so that all tracks are "on the same level". It's different from normalization as it doesn't do anything with the file; it acts as metadata.

ReplayGain is my opinion the most crucial "extra" feature, even more important than EQ.

Last edited:
Mar 4, 2021 at 8:38 PM Post #440 of 872
Just for clarity, reply gain values are needed in the metadata.
When I extract a CD to digit file I then use MediaMonkey to analyse the volume and tag the files with the replaygain values.
I tend to use Album gain rather than track so that variations of volume within an album are not lost.

Mar 6, 2021 at 5:18 PM Post #442 of 872
My FD1 is acting up, and I rarely use it. It won't recognize hi res files. It'll play regular resolution files, but as soon as a hi res file pops up on my R2, it says invalid file while hooked up to the FD1. The light remains blue on the FD1. Is there a way to reset the FD1? If not, I'm going to need to return mine to Hiby.

Last edited:
Mar 6, 2021 at 6:08 PM Post #443 of 872
First time post...be gentle...

Does anyone know whether the rather wonderful MSEB sound adjustments can be applied when in DAC or BT receiver mode?
It appears not on my unit...love the sound as a DAP anyway even if the UI is clunky to say the least

Last edited:
Mar 14, 2021 at 10:27 PM Post #446 of 872
Is there any news about upcoming fw update?
I wondering the same thing. Been almost 6 months and no update. Like to see more options.

Last edited:
Mar 15, 2021 at 8:10 AM Post #448 of 872
thinking about buying the r2.

any glitch/ problems with it?
battery? ui? touch screen? connection?

Mar 16, 2021 at 3:42 AM Post #449 of 872
My FD1 is acting up, and I rarely use it. It won't recognize hi res files. It'll play regular resolution files, but as soon as a hi res file pops up on my R2, it says invalid file while hooked up to the FD1. The light remains blue on the FD1. Is there a way to reset the FD1? If not, I'm going to need to return mine to Hiby.
Is it set to USB 1 or 2?

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com
Mar 16, 2021 at 10:54 AM Post #450 of 872
Received my R2 today, need some feedback on something that I have noticed..

Some elements of the are not consistent in terms of touch response.

Setting the time/date in particular is very notable for this .. it feels like the touch activation zone on the UI to tap and then slide your finger up and down to scroll the values here is very small, this combined with the small text and having said touch zone over the numbers themselves makes this feel very janky indeed, took me longer then id like to do a simple thing like set date/time..

I have noticed some inconstant behaviour elsewhere, but not nearly to this degree. Thankfully this is not a setting page that will be needed to be accessed often.

Edit:

Getting some inconsistency in how the drop down menu shows up to, made 2 videos to try and show this..

https://photos.app.goo.gl/QDfL77cEQZQxbQzN7

I speak of that on the left hand side of the screen swiping down from the top to the back button vs swiping down from the top to the forward button there is a difference in where on the screen this starts to activate.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back