HiBy FC6--R2R dongle DAC reborn
Dec 7, 2023 at 10:13 AM Post #77 of 228
For me, firmware 1.06 already has the Darwin Ultra filter and through the DFU tool it lets me install only what I download... but how do I install the 1.07 I have on my PC? There is no button to do this.

fc6.jpg

Dec 8, 2023 at 4:34 AM Post #78 of 228
For me, firmware 1.06 already has the Darwin Ultra filter and through the DFU tool it lets me install only what I download... but how do I install the 1.07 I have on my PC? There is no button to do this.

fc6.jpg
Hi, the firmware you downloaded from online was actually the finalized version of the Darwin V2 upgrade that we were beta testing here, but they forgot to update the version number 😅

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com
Dec 8, 2023 at 8:14 AM Post #79 of 228
Hi, the firmware you downloaded from online was actually the finalized version of the Darwin V2 upgrade that we were beta testing here, but they forgot to update the version number 😅
Yes, in fact, I checked and it shows me the firmware 1.07 but the thing I don't understand is how to apply a firmware saved on the PC. In the DFUtool application there is only the possibility of installing a newly downloaded firmware (therefore the latest) but not of applying, for example, a previous firmware, which is not the latest.

Dec 8, 2023 at 10:06 AM Post #80 of 228
The FC6 is the perfect example of how every DAC should sound and everything a dongle should offer (sonic-wise). I've tried all the filters (including the new Darwind Ultra) but in the end I always go back to NOS mode (the one that has always been most suitable for R2Rs when done well). I always see filters as a desire to correct or worse equalize a DAC that doesn't sound as one would like... instead I have always preferred to use the standard one or even the NOS mode. The DAC (for me) must sound in its own way and it's up to me to discover if that way of playing reflects my tastes (that's why I have almost twenty dongles... I certainly don't want them all to sound the same), I want to discover its soul without more out of the way... and the FC6 has a beautiful soul as far as I'm concerned. So at Hiby they were "very unlucky" in terms of how many filters they can bring out, the FC6 was done so well that for me they only manage to make the sound worse. What I would really appreciate, however, would be a more refined management of the volume... the 21 steps don't do it justice... let's say that at least 75 would be needed. Another thing that I would hope for in the next FC7 would be the possibility of connecting IEMs/balanced headphones via a 4.4mm connection. But then again, as we know, nothing in this world is perfect... except the sound of the FC6. Congratulations Hiby and don't waste time making filters... increase the gradual increase in volume and make the next one balanced, one is already booked by me.

Dec 8, 2023 at 10:41 AM Post #81 of 228
Dec 8, 2023 at 10:48 AM Post #82 of 228
To my ears the NOS sounds darker, less refined, with a few more defects, but at the same time more natural and realistic, less rounded, less defined but quite more musical and much denser with heavier notes and deeper and less controlled reverberations . In one word, more true.

Dec 9, 2023 at 11:30 AM Post #84 of 228
Last edited:
Dec 10, 2023 at 8:09 AM Post #87 of 228
Pls give me v2 firmware link brother
If you use the DFU tool and check for update online, it should download and install the latest for you which should now be 1.07 which includes Darwin V2

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com
Dec 10, 2023 at 8:16 AM Post #88 of 228
If you use the DFU tool and check for update online, it should download and install the latest for you which should now be 1.07 which includes Darwin V2
Yes, but we still haven't understood how to install a different firmware from the one downloaded... for example a firmware that we have on the PC and then proceed to downgrade if we don't like things with 1.07.

Dec 10, 2023 at 11:35 AM Post #90 of 228
For all those who love the sound of the splendid Hiby FC6 and are looking for an IEM that, without costing too much, are able to bring out every detail of the splendid dongle discussed here, I recommend trying the Hidizs MP145... truly a jaw-dropping synergy without spending a lot of money.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back