HiBy Digital M300 Android Digital Audio Player,"The Gen-Z Music Player" - Discussion thread
Feb 3, 2024 at 7:41 AM Post #451 of 677
Hi , considering the Hiby or Sony a306 . Has anyone used both? If so what are your opinions on them . Is the Sony worth the extra?

Currently using Sony a45 with Mr Walkman software.
Thank you

Feb 4, 2024 at 2:06 AM Post #454 of 677
@Joe Bloggs, I was playing with RootlessJamesDSP and DRX10 on the M300 + XOE (w/ convolver enabled): is it supposed to work with USB-C IEMs, dongles, DACs? I also have a XOE USB and RootlessJamesDSP does nothing… which I think makes sense, but wanted to confirm. Tks!
I have to ask the developer of the rootless port of this whether USB audio processing is supported (theoretically)

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com
Feb 4, 2024 at 6:16 AM Post #455 of 677
Hi all!
Media Volume always resetting
I'm getting this too. I put the media volume to the max (15), but after some time I see that it changed. Now is at 13. I don't notice any change in sound volume, I only see that it changed when I go to the settings where that value is located. Maybe is a software problem? I'm currently at version 1.30_20240126-1851 and it says that is the latest version.

Another thing: I see that is possible to long press the volume buttons to change the master volume "fast", but I can only do that when the screen is turned on. When the screen is turned off I need to press multiple times. I kind of remember someone here wishing that "long press volume buttons" could do that, but I can't find that comment anymore (maybe it was on some other thread of other product?). Anyway, it would be nice if the "long press volume buttons" function could work when the screen is turned off too (assuming this is not happening just to me). I'm listening to music using the musicolet app and equalizing through the poweramp eq app.

Cheers!:L3000:

Update about the first paragraph: I noticed that the musicolet volume slider controls the media volume and not the master volume (which is controlled by the volume buttons). So maybe that change of the media volume can be caused by the musicolet app changing the volume slider or me accidently changing it the musicolet volume slider.

Last edited:
Feb 4, 2024 at 10:40 AM Post #456 of 677
HibyLink issue Anyone know how to turn “shuffle all” off please when playing albums
hiby music app on M300 is simple enough to use as sequential
but using hiby music on an ipad connected by Hibylink to M300, when i select an album,i simply cannot play sequential (songs in correct album in order)
thanks in advance

Feb 4, 2024 at 6:22 PM Post #457 of 677
I have to ask the developer of the rootless port of this whether USB audio processing is supported (theoretically)
I answered my own question: RootlessJamesDSP does work with USB audio (e.g. XOE-USB), but the starting sequence appears to matter: connect USB audio device > Shizuku > RootlessJamesDSP > HiByMusic.
Switching between USB device and 3.5mm often confuses everything, and although RootlessJamesDSP appears to run, it does nothing…

A little finicky, but workable to continue experimenting with DRX10K. :ksc75smile:

Feb 6, 2024 at 10:39 PM Post #459 of 677
Been enjoying my M300 for the past few days! It’s a nifty package overall.

Does anyone notice a loud “pop” when plugging and unplugging headphones from the M300 3.5mm port? Happens to me even with music paused, vol all the way down, on normal TRS and with mic TRRS 3.5mm cables ☹️ happens with a few headphones, earbuds, and iems

Feb 7, 2024 at 2:43 AM Post #460 of 677
Hi all

For USB-C digital output and Apple Music HiRes:

has anyone connected M300 to external USB DAC and confirm correct automatic sample rate switching works properly?

Or everything is output at fixed sample rate ?
From HibyMusic, UAPP, Tidal show up right to me (sometimes it won't because the many popup show up and ask if the app can take the control, even I pressed "Yes")
Apple Music won't because it has no bypass or direct output to C function

Feb 7, 2024 at 2:50 AM Post #461 of 677

Does anyone notice a loud “pop” when plugging and unplugging headphones from the M300 3.5mm port? Happens to me even with music paused, vol all the way down, on normal TRS and with mic TRRS 3.5mm cables ☹️ happens with a few headphones, earbuds, and iems
Same on my device

Feb 7, 2024 at 5:58 AM Post #462 of 677

Same here, also usually not so loud, more like statics.
I suspect it may have something to do with the mic support: there must be a 2-3V DC on one of the TRRS ring, which could be seen by the IEM/HP for a very short time when connecting/disconnecting (the pop).

Feb 7, 2024 at 10:03 AM Post #463 of 677
Hi all

For USB-C digital output and Apple Music HiRes:

has anyone connected M300 to external USB DAC and confirm correct automatic sample rate switching works properly?

Or everything is output at fixed sample rate ?
I haven’t unpacked my desktop DAC to check, but theoretically it should. Joe mentioned the resampler isn’t active over USB (edit: see below), and even my modded A&K DAP can output the proper bit and sample rate with Apple Music.

“Custom drivers” (which aren’t actually drivers, but that’s a different conversation) like Tidal uses are for bypassing Android shenanigans. If the M300 skips the native resampler and DRC over USB, then many apps don’t need that kind of workaround.

I’ll try to test later and let you know

Last edited:
Feb 7, 2024 at 10:42 AM Post #464 of 677
Joe mentioned the resampler isn’t active over USB
Sorry to ask, but could you link Joe Bloggs' answer about this?
I have seen Joe confirming that 384kHz won't play on the audio side (3.5mm), but I haven't seen a confirmation that the M300 192kHz resampler is inactive on USB audio.

Feb 7, 2024 at 11:12 AM Post #465 of 677
Our app is favoured among audiophiles for its bit-perfect abilities in outputting to USB or the headphone jacks on R-series HiBy devices, but these exclusive advantages don't apply to the M300 so feel free to use anything.
Turns out I was mistaken - I read back through the thread to find this. I’ll edit my original response.

Darn 😞

Users who are viewing this thread

Back