HiBy Digital M300 Android Digital Audio Player,"The Gen-Z Music Player" - Discussion thread
Jan 5, 2024 at 1:36 PM Post #361 of 614
Anyone used M300 with Cayin Ru7 dongle? Are you facing popping/clickling sound?
I just tried the Ru7 with M300 using the Hiby Music, it produces the popping sound randomly.
I get audio dropouts randomly and esp if I turn display on/off quickly. I don’t have this problem with UAPP though only with Hiby Music app. I think there is a USB buffer issue.

Jan 5, 2024 at 2:24 PM Post #362 of 614
I get audio dropouts randomly and esp if I turn display on/off quickly. I don’t have this problem with UAPP though only with Hiby Music app. I think there is a USB buffer issue.
I can also confirm that in addition to a non interrupted playback, turning display on/off doesn't trigger any audio dropouts while using UAPP. Hiby should look into debugging the Hiby Music app with the RU7 player and fix the audio dropout issues because it is unusable and I will stick to UAPP.

Last edited:
Jan 6, 2024 at 12:33 AM Post #363 of 614

Last edited:
HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com
Jan 6, 2024 at 9:36 AM Post #364 of 614
After scouring the internet, I found out that the Bose Ultras' aptX Adaptive will only work if the source is Snapdragon-compliant.

It does not say that in, or on any promotional material the company puts out that I could find. Nor did Bose Customer Service know anything about it, even after spending 2 hours in chats, and 1 hour on the phone with the promise of a phone call-back by a senior tech.......which never happened.

Case closed.....Earbuds~ looking for a xMEMS hybrid, with Adaptive ANC, lossless codec(s); LDAC and/or aptX HD, and Adaptive...which will play nice with the M300.
5 days to go till CES......I bet there will be more choices than we have now.
I went for the Creative Aurvana Ace 2 which have all you ask beside LDAC.
Despite that, in my M300 i can only pair them with aptx. In bluetooth setting i can switch HD audio ON/OFF in between SBC (OFF) and AptX (ON). When i go to the audio bluetooth settings, only Aptx audio is selectable, all the rest (aptx hd, adaptive) are greyed out…

Jan 6, 2024 at 6:11 PM Post #365 of 614
I went for the Creative Aurvana Ace 2 which have all you ask beside LDAC.
Despite that, in my M300 i can only pair them with aptx. In bluetooth setting i can switch HD audio ON/OFF in between SBC (OFF) and AptX (ON). When i go to the audio bluetooth settings, only Aptx audio is selectable, all the rest (aptx hd, adaptive) are greyed out…
Interesting. I definitely had a aptX Adaptive connection with the Sennheiser Momentum 4's. So the player is capable of sending in it. For the Bose Ultras', a senior Bose tech called and completely understood the problem, how I trouble shot....the whole thing.....said thanks, your the first to bring it to our attention....it will probably be a software update....when?.. 'Only the Shadow Knows........my guess is at lest 3 months.

Please keep the thread updated with any info you find.

Last edited:
Jan 6, 2024 at 7:03 PM Post #366 of 614
First, I knew I wanted to send and receive in a BT lossless codec, then I zeroed in on the Ultras. What I was attracted to in the Ultras, was that it had a BT lossless codec and it sounded and felt good in my ears.
You're thinking of aptX lossless (not supported (yet?)) not aptX adaptive

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

Jan 6, 2024 at 7:05 PM Post #367 of 614
On my 5th Hiby M300 and I think I came across another firmware bug if someone can verify. I have Tidal and Spotify installed, no issue with Tidal but every time I reboot the Spotify defaults back to the unit for storage and not the installed card, than tries to download another 44gb onto the unit when the files already that were downloaded to the card, that now disappear from Spotify but Tidal as I say no issue.
Hello, is this issue still persisting? I'm very interested in acquiring the m300, but this would hinder its use. I plan to download all the songs on Spotify to the device, around 60 gigabytes, and I would need the memory card for that. However, if every time it restarts, it asks to download the songs again, it would be unfeasible. This operation takes hours and is quite inconvenient. I intended to use the m300 offline most of the time.

Jan 6, 2024 at 8:12 PM Post #368 of 614
You're thinking of aptX lossless (not supported (yet?)) not aptX adaptive
A lossless Bluetooth transmission...the 3 lossless codecs (is that the correct term?) I know of are aptX HD, aptX Adaptive, and LDAC. I want to transmit my songs from the M300, most are in lossless formats, to BT in-ear buds, with Adaptive ANC, one of the 3 codecs mentioned, that sound great and will block most noise on airplanes. While wireless is not going to replace wired, for the foreseeable future, I'd like to get today's newest BT tech available on both ends. I thought I found it for now, until CES at lest LOL, with the Bose Ultras. They do sound great, block most noise on airplanes at lest to my satisfaction. But no aptX adaptive is a deal breaker for the Bose's anyway.

Last edited:
Jan 6, 2024 at 9:14 PM Post #369 of 614
Interesting. I definitely had a aptX Adaptive connection with the Sennheiser Momentum 4's. So the player is capable of sending in it. For the Bose Ultras', a senior Bose tech called and completely understood the problem, how I trouble shot....the whole thing.....said thanks, your the first to bring it to our attention....it will probably be a software update....when?.. 'Only the Shadow Knows........my guess is at lest 3 months.

Please keep the thread updated with any info you find.
Thanks for the tips, i’ll try to contact Creative tech support then.

Jan 6, 2024 at 9:24 PM Post #370 of 614
Hello, is this issue still persisting? I'm very interested in acquiring the m300, but this would hinder its use. I plan to download all the songs on Spotify to the device, around 60 gigabytes, and I would need the memory card for that. However, if every time it restarts, it asks to download the songs again, it would be unfeasible. This operation takes hours and is quite inconvenient. I intended to use the m300 offline most of the time.
I have had horrible experiences with the M300, in the beginning I was having issues with volume control on streaming apps then they corrected that, but with that I then had issues withe the Media Volume always resetting as well as that download issue. I had gone trough 5 different units and each time it was something that just made it unusable for me. I just went back to my HR5 Gen 1. Still happy with that even with an older CPU and OS, I think it sounds better. Now they may have had firmware updates since my last attempt so someone else may be better suited for an updated opinion on this. Good Luck.

Jan 6, 2024 at 10:12 PM Post #371 of 614
Tive experiências horríveis com o M300, no começo eu estava tendo problemas com o controle de volume em aplicativos de streaming, então eles corrigiram isso, mas com isso tive problemas com o volume da mídia sempre redefinindo e também com aquele problema de download. Eu tinha passado por 5 unidades diferentes e cada vez era algo que o tornava inutilizável para mim. Acabei de voltar para o meu HR5 Gen 1. Ainda feliz com isso, mesmo com uma CPU e sistema operacional mais antigos, acho que soa melhor. Agora eles podem ter atualizações de firmware desde minha última tentativa, então outra pessoa pode ser mais adequada para uma opinião atualizada sobre isso. Boa sorte.

Jan 6, 2024 at 11:47 PM Post #373 of 614
Thanks for the response. I'll try with someone who still has the m300 around here.

Anyone else experiencing this issue on Spotify?
not me (never had this issue with card downloads on Spotify on any firmware version).

I have had horrible experiences with the M300, in the beginning I was having issues with volume control on streaming apps then they corrected that, but with that I then had issues withe the Media Volume always resetting as well as that download issue. I had gone trough 5 different units and each time it was something that just made it unusable for me. I just went back to my HR5 Gen 1. Still happy with that even with an older CPU and OS, I think it sounds better. Now they may have had firmware updates since my last attempt so someone else may be better suited for an updated opinion on this. Good Luck.

Nor any of these issues mentioned here, try as I might to reproduce them on my unit.

Last edited:

Jan 7, 2024 at 11:00 AM Post #374 of 614
Hey does anyone have issues with battery drain? When it's on standby, it loses significant power. Even when powered off, it went down to 85% while plugged in to my battery bank that shut off after recharging to 100%. Maybe I have a bad unit? Or my settings aren't set correctly?

Jan 7, 2024 at 2:07 PM Post #375 of 614
Hey does anyone have issues with battery drain? When it's on standby, it loses significant power. Even when powered off, it went down to 85% while plugged in to my battery bank that shut off after recharging to 100%. Maybe I have a bad unit? Or my settings aren't set correctly?
No issue with my M300. Example: fully charged it yesterday (~97%, never goes above), shut it down, and it was still at 96% today.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back