HiBy Digital M300 Android Digital Audio Player,"The Gen-Z Music Player" - Discussion thread
Dec 31, 2023 at 7:02 AM Post #331 of 643
deleted
The answer to that lies in the future. The OG R6 did get an update from Android 6 to Android 8. It's certainly not our policy to never update the android version. We'll just have to see what it involves in each case.
Hey Joe! Which DAP do you personally use - if you use one for personal listening pleasure? Just curious!

Dec 31, 2023 at 7:14 AM Post #332 of 643
Pretty straightforward. Load SD card in with music, plug in, play.

I recommend Musicolet as an app. I don’t like the Hiby app

I also prefer taking the card out to transfer files. Using the Hiby m300 as a card reader is slower
Both apps have advantages

The tag editor on Musicolet is excellent- great advice again !

I like the option that hibymusic allows you to use the m300 as a source but access the m300 internal files from my ipad (apple/android crossover!)

Great to have options

Last edited:
Dec 31, 2023 at 8:20 AM Post #333 of 643
The answer to that lies in the future. The OG R6 did get an update from Android 6 to Android 8. It's certainly not our policy to never update the android version. We'll just have to see what it involves in each case.
Thanks for the reply. Still no hopes though ...seeing the past record, but nothing wrong in having the expectations.

Dec 31, 2023 at 6:50 PM Post #337 of 643
@Joe Bloggs Last question of the year (at my place, it’s still 2023! :ksc75smile:

HibyMusic PEQ - I assume, each of the filters are computed into biquads, which are then applied to whatever is playing either through a SW DSP library or a HW DSP chip (I assume it’s the former for M300).
How is the sampling frequency (Fs) taken into account in the biquad maths? Are the biquads calculated based on the 192kHz re-sampled Fs and applied after re-sampling? Are they calculated “on the fly” based on the Fs of whatever is playing? Or are they calculated using a fixed, e.g. 44.1 or 48kHz Fs, with the understanding that filters > ~6-10kHz may not be exact?

Jan 1, 2024 at 3:10 AM Post #338 of 643
there isn't a case nor a protective film for the m300 right?
There's protective film applied in the factory, no case to go with it at the moment.

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com
Jan 2, 2024 at 2:27 PM Post #339 of 643
have you updated to the latest firmware?
Hi Joe, I paired a Sony WH-1000XM4 headphone and LDAC was operational.
All of the aptX codecs were still whited out and could not be chosen.
What to do next?
Thank you for working this through with me. I bought the Bose Ultras and the M300 to work together using the aptX Adaptive BT codec.
I hope we can make it work.

Steve

Jan 2, 2024 at 4:09 PM Post #340 of 643
Hi Joe, I paired a Sony WH-1000XM4 headphone and LDAC was operational.
All of the aptX codecs were still whited out and could not be chosen.
What to do next?
Thank you for working this through with me. I bought the Bose Ultras and the M300 to work together using the aptX Adaptive BT codec.
I hope we can make it work.

Steve
I made a mistake with the Sonys excepting aptX. I found a review that said it did and it and I are wrong, according to Sony’s website. Still looking for the aptX connection though.

Jan 2, 2024 at 9:32 PM Post #341 of 643
I made a mistake with the Sonys excepting aptX. I found a review that said it did and it and I are wrong, according to Sony’s website. Still looking for the aptX connection though.
I am picking up new Sennheiser MOMENTUM 4 headphones tomorrow, which support SBC, AAC, aptX, aptX adaptive.

I will pair to the M300. Finger's crossed the M300 will work like it did with LDAC. I will write my findings.

Jan 3, 2024 at 4:25 PM Post #342 of 643
I am picking PICKED up new Sennheiser MOMENTUM 4 headphones tomorrow, which support SBC, AAC, aptX, aptX adaptive.

I will pair to the M300. Finger's crossed the M300 will work like it did with LDAC. I will write my findings.
aptX HD and Adaptive worked perfectly with the ^^^ Momentums' :L3000: ...

I'm waiting for a tech to call from Bose. A shout-out to HiBy tech support. They are very responsive, thanks. The company and the M300 are very impressive.

Jan 4, 2024 at 12:31 PM Post #344 of 643
aptX HD and Adaptive worked perfectly with the ^^^ Momentums' :L3000: ...

I'm waiting for a tech to call from Bose. A shout-out to HiBy tech support. They are very responsive, thanks. The company and the M300 are very impressive.
After scouring the internet, I found out that the Bose Ultras' aptX Adaptive will only work if the source is Snapdragon-compliant.

It does not say that in, or on any promotional material the company puts out that I could find. Nor did Bose Customer Service know anything about it, even after spending 2 hours in chats, and 1 hour on the phone with the promise of a phone call-back by a senior tech.......which never happened.

Case closed.....Earbuds~ looking for a xMEMS hybrid, with Adaptive ANC, lossless codec(s); LDAC and/or aptX HD, and Adaptive...which will play nice with the M300.
5 days to go till CES......I bet there will be more choices than we have now.

Last edited:
Jan 4, 2024 at 12:45 PM Post #345 of 643
After scouring the internet, I found out that the Bose Ultras' aptX Adaptive will only work if the source is Snapdragon-compliant.

It does not say that in, or on any promotional material the company puts out that I could find. Nor did Bose Customer Service know anything about it, even after spending 2 hours in chats, and 1 hour on the phone with the promise of a phone call-back by a senior tech.......which never happened.

Case closed.....Earbuds~ looking for a xMEMS hybrid, with Adaptive ANC, lossless codec(s); LDAC and/or aptX HD, and Adaptive...which will play nice with the M300.
5 days to go till CES......I bet there will be more choices than we have now.
Why are you so attracted with aptX adaptive? The thing is, it adapts to electromagnetic interference (that is almost always) selecting the lowest bitrate. To my taste, aptX HD or AAC or just aptX are better.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back